The Bloodness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
N/A

Photoshop HUD

About: Hi buddies :) My ideia is create a script that allow the user create your own HUD on Photoshop. Export the necessary information with a extension (I have this finished) to Photoshop; a script that create a json file with some basic information about the document. Then, the user will just copy the exported file on your project folder, at /data; and the pictures from psd file to folder /img/system. And with my plugin that I'm working, Haya - PS HUD, enabled, will run the HUD. Then, this way the user can create the HUD that he wanna on Photoshop and just export from the app.

But wait... How this will work? All setup of the HUD will made on Photoshop, with the layer's name of each layer from HUD. Then, the layer where the value bar is it; will have your setup on your layer name. To be more simple and objective, see the picture bellow:
To understand the setup on layer's name:
s -> indicates that is a static picture. | 1 from s1 and 2 from s2: the id to differentiate the static pictures.
b -> indicates that is a value picture in form of bar.
1 | 2 -> the id to differentiate the bar pictures.
p -> is from Player. | 1 from p1: indicates that is the player one from party. | h: hp value that will represent the value of bar.
m: mp value that will represent the value of bar.
The file exported: Using my script extension on Photoshop, will create a json file with some informations. See bellow a example:
And in the end, to just setup the position or something, just use the script on Photoshop to export a new json file. Of course, if you change the layer name, you'll need to export a new picture with the same layer name to your project folder.

Features:
- I'll use the PIXI to display the pictures, then the blend types from Photoshop will work on your project (for Canvas).
- It will be easy to create a full costumize HUD with few things. After all, all you need to do in the end is just export the json file and the pictures, then put at your project folder.
- I'll try to display some great variation of setup.

Any question or new idea just give your feedback :)

Last edited:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OwwwO That actually sounds blessed. I wish you luck on this plugin. :kaosalute::kaojoy:

Kvothe

The Bloodness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
N/A
@HexMozart88 : thanks :)
@Jonforum : Damm haha, I was searching for something like this a long time before, but I never found it... so I learn the library from PS to create a own with the informations that I needed... This is very complete at all...
About the blend mode, it is true... But I'll make as a option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paitshens