Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pickup&Throw : Version - 1.0.2

Creator : Chaucer

Introduction:
This script will let the player pick up and throw events.

Features:
  • Allow the player to pickup and throw events.
  • Can set various type of requirements in order to pickup events.
  • Can have code run on pickup, and on throw for each event.
  • Can set a regionId which events can't be thrown past.

Screenshots:

Event Setup:
Untitled2.png

Gif :
ThrowPlugin.gif

How to Use :
Make an event, and create a comment with the word "throwable"(without quotes), make sure this comment is at the very top, or it wont work, the event will only start when it is thrown, for more detailed instructions on how to add requirements check the help file.

Script:
Download Here

Terms of use:
Free for commercial and noncommercial use, as long as credit is given, either in game, or in a .txt file included with the game.

Last edited:

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apologies D: the image was there when I had submitted the post but it was broken for me as well just now, I re-added the link, hopefully it stays this time :D

FDSuprema

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The screenshot's gone again. If you're direct linking an image for display I'm fairly sure it should be in your dropbox's public folder.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok I fixed it this time for good, I promise haha. Also thanks for letting me know it was down again lol, much appreciated( same to Archeia as well ) :D .

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
plugin has an error "cant read split of undefined" tested in test game project with no other plugins. cool idea though.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for letting me know, ._.; I'm surprised I didn't account for that D: It should now be fixed ^_^

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cool Ima go give it a try as this is a very interesting plugin. Definitely breaking another rpgmv barrier unless someone already made a plugin like this which I don't believe so closest thing is the ones that let you push stuff but picking up and throwing is awesome :D

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Much appreciated! Also yeah I couldn't find a plugin like this either, so I decided I'd make one, as it seemed like a good idea as, I try to create ugins that I find don't exist yet.

However the plugins still lacking a few features as of now, I want to add a shadow below the event thats picked up and throw so it adds a little more perspective.

Also I did find one bug where the event can be thrown off the side of the screen which I hope to find time to fix later today. :D

InkPotion

I've moved accounts! Now RunePotion.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin itself works great, but if I try to interact with an event it says "TypeError undefined is not a function"

Such a shame, this is such a cool idea :(

Ace of Spades

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention... it works extremely well, and I even found this to be compatible with Hudell's pixel-movement.

The only problem I've had is there's no way to execute code in the Event when the object is first picked up.  Allowing the user to input Event commands for when the object is first picked up would make this plugin more flexible and allow for more creativity: With this feature implemented, the user could make a player animation for picking up and holding objects, turn on/off switches, disable dashing after picking something up, etc. 

An idea would be to execute the code in the Event when you press the action key, except all the event commands underneath the comment "throwable", which would be executed after the object is thrown.

If you're still working on this, I'd really appreciate this option.  As it stands right now, it's not quite flexible enough for my liking.  Great job though, keep up the good work, and I hope to see some updates in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Much appreciation for the feedback, I'm glad you find it useful, I was intentionally thinking of adding a code to execute on pickup, but at the time i couldnt think of a good way to do both, however after putting a little more thought I think I may have a solution, however I have not had much free time to write code as I'd like :(  but hopefully things quiet down soon so I fix the remaining bugs as well as add more features to the plugin( I'm hoping over the weekend, fingers crossed ).

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plugin has been updated!

Version 1.0.2 :

• Added Blocked Region( prevents player from throwing events past the region Id specified ).
  • Added The ability to specify code to run on pickup, and on throw.
  • Fixed a bug which allowed the player to throw objects off screen.
  • Prevented player from throwing events when the event can't go forward.

Also, @InkPotion If possible could you send me a screenshot of the console? I can't manage to reproduce this error. :(  

hanzomon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Excellent plugin!

I am, however, running into an issue with normal events while using this script. When there are throwable objects on a map, I cannot interact with normal events without a TypeError undefined.

Last edited:

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've received reports of this issue before, however I'm unable to manage to find the cause of this error, as I cannot to duplicate the error in my project, if possible when this error appears can you press F8, and take a screenshot of the error message that appears in the console? ^^ I'd greatly appreciate it, as it'd help me fix the issue sooner.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Took me a little while longer than I expected to find the issue with transferring maps, the issue is now resolved though( as well as another more minor issue i found while debugging, it's in the version history )! I've updated the version to 1.0.3, I believe there should be no more issues now. :D

Momsenek

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm using your plugin for a while and it works great. Just wanted to let you know :)

bohutang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
china
Primarily Uses
Hello Jordan, I found that I can only throw up and down when I use it. If I throw from the left or the right, there is no effect. Why is this?
PS:When there are throwable objects on a map, I cannot interact with normal events without a TypeError undefined.

Attachments

Last edited:

SEIBA

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1587491559671.png
i got an error

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another amazing looking game!
--Turn Based Battles--

Hero:
Look, it is Minotaur!
M. Knight: Let's go attack it!
Hero: Wait, no, it is just standing there!!
HUD Display: It is M. Knight's turn.
(M. Knight attacks Minotaur)
HUD Display: It is Minotaur's turn.
Hero: (Facepalms) Now look what you did! You made the Minotaur attack us!
Randomly deciding to create some tombs/sarcophagi last minute is probably not the best choice in a timed game jam...
There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicoh