Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The title is pretty much self explanatory. VX-Ace had a bunch of scripts that enabled pickup and throw functionality. However, there isn't one yet for MV (or atleast, I couldn't find one yet). So my request would be a plugin that allows the player to pick up tagged events and throw them a predetermined distance (also set by tags).

Thanks in advanced ^_^

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Jeremy Cannady

Coldfire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Question: Do you expect physics to be accurate? Any bouncing? 

Question: when you throw something and it is in an area where you can't move to, do you want it to stop at the boundary and fall down? For example a wall.

Naveed

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question: Do you expect physics to be accurate? Any bouncing? 
Bouncing isn't really required. It could be simply adding an event tag/comment such as <throw: 3> to enable picking up an object and throwing it 3 tiles in front of the player.

Question: when you throw something and it is in an area where you can't move to, do you want it to stop at the boundary and fall down? For example a wall.
It would be ideal if we could region tag areas we want thrown objects to pass through and where they can't pass through. We could set a default as to whether thrown objects are fully passable or not and then tag tiles with a region to do the opposite. The default can be your choice, though it would be ideal to let it pass through unwalkable tiles (as that's the main objective of throwing the object, as the player can't walk over to the switch normally) but not walls.

dexni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Have you found anything like this yet, I have been looking as well.

∊η∊ηra

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you found anything like this yet, I have been looking as well.

I second this. Could work great with a puzzle system where you pick up a rock and throw it on a switch or something.

mrsaber07

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
if anybody can convert the script "FA Interactive System v 2.0" to JavaScript it will be really cool, unfortunately I have never programmed with js, but I think it's a little difficult for programmers, because there is practically script for all but not fot pick up and throwing object... 

mrsaber07

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
Hello finally i did it but not with a script but with events and switch, i have done 2 videos to explain that, i wish that will help you...

I speak french but you can activate the english subtitle :)

Part2

Drako King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am currently working on One. I am not familiar with the JS library though, nor did I ever use prior ruby versions. Right now the plugin creates pages that duplicate the functionality, but I'm not able to get the pages to change correctly. Though, I just started working on it the other day. I'll keep this thread posted though on whatever I can get going. I will have to create graphics as well to get this working properly. 

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mog has a script for this is you're still looking for one.

It can be found HERE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paitshens