Follower of RNGesus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Picture Book Intro

This tutorial teaches how you can replicate the intros seen in some of the most popular indie games of all time: Picture Book Intros. Both Undertale and Shovel Knight starts their stories with a combination of text and images in order to communicate the exposition of the game to the player in a quick and effective manner. Using this tutorial, and a small chunk of time to plan out and create the images, you can create some pretty epic intros to your game!

Hope you enjoy! ^^

–SumRndmDde 

This can be used to create:

• A simple, yet unique intro to your game that can explain the story and make first-time players interested in your game.
  • Create unique cut-scenes throughout your game using your own unique art style or storytelling.
  • Create attractive ending/credit pages for your game that will keep the player seated as you give credit to everyone that helped create your game.

No Plugins Required

Assets Available in the Description of the Youtube Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great video! It really helped me 'cause I was kinda lost haha

Oni Giri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @SumRndmDde,
I tried your tutorial and it works out great. Thank you so much for your videos :]

I have a question:
For a web game - what do you think is the limit of pictures befor the performance of a game went down?
Can I load the background and the dark overlay and change them easily or will the game slow down, while using the method to often?

Thanks for reading!
OniGiri

Simientes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where is the link? I couldn't find it, also havent success looking on your channel :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made an RPG Discord bot and it FINALLY got accepted on top.gg and is already trending!! <3
1st of March 2014 I joined and it has been a great experience for 6 whole years. The only thing I can say is a huge thank you to ALL members of this forum.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!
Now irinea just blocked me in discord
Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerKruste