Roezaka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Rus
Primarily Uses
Other
Greetings!
I have such a problem. I want to achieve smooth image movement but so far to no avail.
I have a picture of 3840 2160, I need it to move from the upper right corner to the lower left at a low speed.
The standard Mové Picture function allows you to set only 999 frames, so I use the TDDmovepicture plugin and use about 4000 frames.
Example:

the picture doesn’t move as smoothly, trembles a bit ...

I slowed down the movement of the picture several times so that it would be better seen:

As you can see - the picture moves jerky and not smoothly.
Does anyone have any ideas how to make the movement smoother?

P.S sorry for my english, I hope you understand what I mean

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should post your event setup for moving the picture so we can see what you're doing.

ozubon

surströmming?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's because two things you won't easily change unfortunately. Your vision and image rendering. When the picture moves slower than 25 pixels per second your brain will begin to stop percieving fluid motion. It can also only move a minimum of one pixel at a time. 3D engines usually have antialiasing effects that can create the illusion of slower movement, where the position of the object isn't defined by a pixel grid. But for a 2D picture like this without any special rendering it's impossible as far as I know.

Last edited:

Roezaka

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Rus
Primarily Uses
Other
You should post your event setup for moving the picture so we can see what you're doing.
That's because two things you won't easily change unfortunately. Your vision and image rendering. When the picture moves slower than 25 pixels per second your brain will begin to stop percieving fluid motion. It can also only move a minimum of one pixel at a time. 3D engines usually have antialiasing effects that can create the illusion of slower movement, where the position of the object isn't defined by a pixel grid. But for a 2D picture like this without any special rendering it's impossible as far as I know.
Yes, I calculated the movement of the picture. It turned out 1 movement is 1 pixel .. I did not think that 1920 pixels would not be enough for a smooth movement, he he. In any case, thanks for the clarification!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.
GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhikhurana