Quackadoos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys,
I'm having some trouble with my time and weather system, as the title suggests.
I have it set so that when the weather is fine during Dawn, Day, and Dusk, an overlay of sunrays will display. When I first set this up it sort of worked, but now that the system is complete it doesn't. Everything works except the Picture.
To preface, I have all of my variables and switches initialised via an on-map event.
This is how I have the Common Event set up. It's the same for all 3 Events, just different pictures.
Screenshot.png
I cannot, for the life of me, work out what's going on here. I can put up the game file too if people need to see the whole system (it's a lot).
Any help would be appreciated because this is driving me crazy.

Many thanks :)

CEO1234

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this on MV? Yes, if allowed, you can give me the game file. I need to look at it in detail to figure it out. It looks like a neat idea. Oh wait, of course it's in MV. Duh! Anyway, yes give me the game file.

Quackadoos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Righto, here's the link to it on Google Drive:
Edit: Link Removed

As I said, it's a lot, but I don't think any of the other systems should be interfering.
May your fresh eyes see what I can't, and thanks for your time :)

Last edited:

CEO1234

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so, which file do I download? I see so many of them, but is there a compressed version that has everything I need? Nevermind. I found a download all button. A surprisingly big project, I might add.

Update 1: Ok, so, quick update. How does the system work overall? Is there any way I can test this more easily besides tampering with the variables? One of the pictures you have does show, but I am assuming you want an 'overlap' effect. But first things first, I need you to explain to me, in detail, how exactly each of these things work.

I will do some research on overlapping images. So, what exactly are you planning to use this for and in what type of environment? Like a swamp or something? It sounds like a really cool idea. Will get back to you, just give me more specific details.

Also, which picture specifically does not work for you now? I'm assuming it's the MintSunOverlay as that's the only one that you seem to be using.

Update 2: Are those cloud shadows (across the ground) part of the picture or are they part of some sort of plugin? I noticed that the light is shown very briefly only when I leave the map (Lynn's House) and come back.

Also, this may help:
Update 3: Sorry for this being so long, but I cannot double post. Good news! I figured it out:

Day Sun 1.PNG

Day Sun 2.PNG

Day Sun 3.PNG

Day Sun 4.PNG
So, basically, the picture was being loaded in constantly without pause. I could not figure out a way to get it to load properly within the Common Event, so I have tied the picture to a separate event.

Sunlight Event.PNG
It must be a parallel process on an event that must be copied over to every map you need it in. I tried using wait frames, but that just made the light blink in and out of existence, so the event must be erased. It will work every time you enter a map with it. Notice how there must be a switch activated. That's why the Common Event is still important.

There are a few problems with this however. If you want it to constantly be loaded, or if you don't want to paste an event on every map, then I'm afraid I don't know how to help you with that. The reason it wouldn't show is because it was never given the chance. The constant loading made it blink so fast you couldn't even see it.

Also, be sure to use this new approach for both Dawn and Dusk (new switches for each).

Last edited:

Quackadoos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much, my dude. I had a feeling it was something to do with a loop as I've had issues with that before but I couldn't get my head around it after staring at it for like five hours.
You're an absolute lifesaver :)

Mods can close this as it's now solved :)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badalias