icerose05

Ice Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying out a picture sliding puzzle, and for those of you that don't know what his is, you have a series of tiles mixed up on the ground, and you only have one space free to move the tiles, and you have to put the tiles together to create a picture. I've been trying to figure it out myself because I can't find a tutorial about it anywhere. I think I've got all of the variables set correctly so that when the picture is put together correctly, something happens.

The problem is the actual picture sliding. I want the picture to immediately slide into the open space, but it's a huge hassle. I've tried having the tile move away from the player, and half the time it won't, whether it's on a movement route, and autonomous movement, by action button, or player touch. It won't work when I have it on action button, and with player touch, the player has to come in on the opposite side of the tile next to the open space (this gets annoying) and the tiles get stuck against walls and I can't get them to move into the open space. I also had it on a random movement route, but that didn't work very well either. Most of the time it didn't move at all.

Does anyone have a better method of doing this? 

icerose05

Ice Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, it didn't show up when I looked in Google. Thanks Shaz.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You're usually much better off using the Search box for this site, rather than google.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah, the only time Google is better is if you're searching for something that's only got 3 letters.

C-C-C-Cashmere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's funny though, when you google search "RPG Maker VX Ace sliding puzzle", that article is the first entry that shows up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*sigh* Finally ... fame comes to me :)

I guess it's all in the search terms. It shows up in response to "Sliding Puzzle RPG Maker" but not to "Picture Sliding Puzzle RPG Maker"

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt
#WIP Metal Tactics's TBS (2015 vs 2021)
VSt9pWc.png
ZXnpNYY.png
RPG Maker News #14 | Diffused Screen Effects, Unsellable Items, Ambient Synths, Adult Woman Set

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangos_Bored