picture to tileset

anikarises

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
is there anyone who would be willing to create a tileset if i sent a picture of an item? the specific version is unimportant as long as it is ace or newer

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a tileset or a single tile?
and you need to specify whether it should be 48x48 pixel (MV and MZ) or 32x32 pixel (Ace and older)

anikarises

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i have both programs so it doesnt matter which i get. as for the tiles i will need a few images turned into a tile set that is at least 3x3 tiles. i need tents made off of specific images for an SCA project so the actual size will vary

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
You need to provide those reference images before anyone is is going to consider accepting your request. Please use the Resource Request Form, it really helps people to know what you want and decide if they want to take it on.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not only provide the images, also the the 3x3 on the opening was helpfull.
some takes it and place it on it as while directly.

the change that you have those tiles, is something you already could have already
if you had provided them with more details.

maker specific, art style (rtp, modern, cartoon etc),
so the people could already post this for you already :)

anikarises

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not only provide the images, also the the 3x3 on the opening was helpfull.
some takes it and place it on it as while directly.

the change that you have those tiles, is something you already could have already
if you had provided them with more details.

maker specific, art style (rtp, modern, cartoon etc),
so the people could already post this for you already :)
thing is, i dont have reference pics. i am making a SCA game and am getting members to send me pics of their real tents. i posted this to see if there were people who could take a pic of a real item and convert it into a tile set that would match the rpg makers aesthetics, essentially animating it. i didnt give number of tiles as some tents may be bigger than others some may be smaller and i didnt give pixel sizes as i have ace and mv so the size for either would work for me so long as all were for the same program. once i have a reference pic ill post it, but right now i just dont have them

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that part makes a bit clear, but there are loads of tents, you can also find them by
google it for example.

there are many ways, to get realistic tents that you want specific and place those.
with adjustment sizes like 3x3 for ace and MV, 96x96(ACE) px max to 144x44 max (MV)
or any other demention that suits the tile you need.

also fitable for a door as in character to it can be animated? etc,
while I'm no artist, I cannot help you, but I hope you can get what you are looking for :)

anikarises

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
that part makes a bit clear, but there are loads of tents, you can also find them by
google it for example.

there are many ways, to get realistic tents that you want specific and place those.
with adjustment sizes like 3x3 for ace and MV, 96x96(ACE) px max to 144x44 max (MV)
or any other demention that suits the tile you need.

also fitable for a door as in character to it can be animated? etc,
while I'm no artist, I cannot help you, but I hope you can get what you are looking for :)
i think the main thing will be coloration. the shapes will probably be similar on many tents, but each member will most likely have custom details or flags. the standard tent in ace just wont cut it, particularly for viking era tents

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
You are doing this in a way that will 100% not work out.

First, you need to start your game and make some progress. That way you will exactly know, what you need. That you cannot name the engine of your game is a red flag for every artist, cause if they make graphics for a request, they want to have at least a slight chance that the person will ever finish that game. Yours is not even started as it seems.

Graphics, especially if you plan to have tents of a certain size, can be the last thing you change in a game, you just create a tileset and mark 3x3 tiles with a "placeholder for xy's tent" and place that on your map. If you get the graphic at some point, you just edit it in and it is automatically replaced on the map where you placed it.

Artists are hard to find. It might sound entitled, coming from someone who is a resource artist, but being a good artist takes time, passion and will. That's what makes them rare, cause a lot of people are not willing to put that into becoming one. That is fine. But you cannot expect artists to hang around and wait for you to maybe get a file and then doing it.

Most of the artists I know here like to help people. There are plenty of good artist checking this section reguarly and help out when they can. But what they need is: ALL the information in the thread. They will not put more effort into research and discussions just to help someone for free.

I have several resources in mind that could help you make your own edits. But am I going to spend more time into research to find out what the hell a SCA is? No, that is your part, explaining what exactly you need.
Am I going to gather ressources for many different makers cause you have not decided yet which one you will use? Nah. Not without any information.

But generally I would say: You are at a too early stage for this request. You could ask for existing resources you can maybe use for your own edits and placeholders until you have the need for an actual well phrased request. But even for existing resources you'd need to write a better request.

If you want others to spend time on you, you have to put enough effort into it (your game and the request), to show the people their effort is worth it.

anikarises

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
as of yet i havent got any info because no one in the group im making the game for is sending me what i need. the point of the post is to see if there were any artists who can look at an image and make a resource from it, not to get the resource, im gauging availability. unfortunately, until the people in my local society for creative anachronisms group are more on board, this project is on hold indefinately. i thank you for your time and will ask again when i have the images that need converting

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Anikarises, I would do as Avery suggests and create as many 3x3 tiles as you think you'll need with the person's name in place of the graphic. There's no need to wait to move forward on your end. Once you have images from your SCA associates, you can then just swap out the 3x3 placeholder tiles for the tent tiles. I'm not sure how new you are to game making, but in most cases, you'll want to use a work-around and keep up your momentum or there's a good chance of stalling out completely. Just in the nature of the hobby I guess.

Also, I'd suggest, for the sake of lowering the artist's workload, to essentially "boil down" the individual tents. Changing color and adding a little flag are fairly easy, but creating a viking tent from scratch that matches RTP style would be very time consuming. Maybe instead this is abstracted out to something like a sign and a symbol (a horned helmet, or whatever). If you need the graphic tents to be exact representations of the various actual tents, you might be looking at something more like a commission than a simple resource request.

anikarises

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anikarises, I would do as Avery suggests and create as many 3x3 tiles as you think you'll need with the person's name in place of the graphic. There's no need to wait to move forward on your end. Once you have images from your SCA associates, you can then just swap out the 3x3 placeholder tiles for the tent tiles. I'm not sure how new you are to game making, but in most cases, you'll want to use a work-around and keep up your momentum or there's a good chance of stalling out completely. Just in the nature of the hobby I guess.

Also, I'd suggest, for the sake of lowering the artist's workload, to essentially "boil down" the individual tents. Changing color and adding a little flag are fairly easy, but creating a viking tent from scratch that matches RTP style would be very time consuming. Maybe instead this is abstracted out to something like a sign and a symbol (a horned helmet, or whatever). If you need the graphic tents to be exact representations of the various actual tents, you might be looking at something more like a commission than a simple resource request.
i understand all of this. im not new to this system at all and unfortunately, what i asked has been misunderstood. i didnt give design details because they were not necessary. the best way i can explain my question is this: you dont need to tell the store what you are drawing to find out if they have drawing pencils. i didnt tell people exactly what i needed because im just fact finding.

im also literally unable to do anything with this project because i need more info that just the tents, (which are not guaranteed to be 3x3, which is why i didnt include that info either.) i need the people in my group to help with how they would interact with people, what they want to look like, ect.

all i wanted to know is if there were artists who COULD make 8bit tents based on real world tents, most of which will most likely be repaints of the same design. unfortunately everyone seems to have read it as i need some one to do the work immediately. but, like i said, even finding a list of people with the skill would be pointless as im getting ZERO info from my sca group for the project. so it has been shelved.

PS: Sorry if this came off as rude or angry, it was not written with those emotions, just straight facts and civility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FLXYM