CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In VX Ace there was a script by NeonBlack that came with Celianna's Rural farm tiles. It was a script where you could assign a picture to a variable that would appear on screen at all times as long as the variable was met.

For example if Variable = 10 then a picture you had assigned to the variable 10 would appear.
If variable = 11 then picture ten would go away and if you had a picture assigned to variable 11 that would show up instead of 10.

This was great for making health bars and time systems and anything else you wanted to show up in the main screen. Does something like this exist for MV? I keep trying to search "picture Variable" but all I can find are variable bars.

02409tt

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you just do a parallel common event with a series of if statements?
Conditional Branch: if variable = 10
Show Picture 10
Conditional Branch: if variable = 11
Show Picture 11
etc.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Fernyfer775 it is close but I want to be able to replace a picture of variable 10 with a picture of variable 11 on the screen instead of having a bar that depletes. I was wanting to use a different graphic than a bar if possible.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@02409tt That's what I have been doing but I'm worried about how it will impact the performance of my game with a common event constantly running. I know in vx ace it impacted the performance when I did it. For MV I have been testing it on one map and it does seem to kind of stall the game at some points.

Pixelent Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could the pictures overlay each other?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LordCola