Pictures and tinting issues

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Paladin-Cleric of Awesome, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ok. So my IGMC is having an issue. One I wish to fix at some stage (I don't have time for the IGMC release, but for an update after.

I have various pictures and overlays. eg.
    Exterior
    Fixed pic switch 2 on
    tint screen -68 -68 0 -68
    Pic 1 -trees
    Pic 2 -lights
    pic 3- lanterns
    tint pic1 -68 -68 0 -68
    Interior
    Fixed pic switch 2 on
    tint screen -48 -48 0 -48
    erase pic 1
    Pic 2 -lights
    erase pic 3
    tint pic1 -48 -48 0 -48

the pics are seperate for if Ii want to turn off the lanterns and window lights etc at a later date. and I only want pic 1 tinted to match the screen colour.

Nnow, for the first town in the game, and the first dungeon to and fro from interior to exterior the pictures work perfectly. When I reach the second town, and go into any buildings and come back out, suddenly I can walk on the pictures, and pic 1 is darker than the map, and this extends to every map I enter after. The events are exactly the same, so Ii really don't understand why it works before then perfectly, byt suddenly changes afterwards.

To be clear, the events are exactl the same throughout the entire game. exterior and interior, and the error only occurs in the second town. I have looked at each event in turn and there's nothing different about them at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This may not be the cause of your issue, but for this sort of situation I include tinting the screen back down to zero on every transfer out of a map where the tint changes in case the tint carries over from one to the other. My sequence is:

Fadeout screen
    tint normal, 1 frame
    erase pic (if there is one)
    any switches etc
    transfer player with the fade on that command set to none
    fadein.

My tints are set by parallel processes on each map, with Erase Event as the last command.

EDIT
    What script/plugin, if any, are you using which affects your picture e.g. fix to map?

3. Paladin-Cleric of Awesome

Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Writer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Um... I think it’s yanfly fixed picture? Or modern algebra.

I’d have to check. I’m not in my comp at the moment.

I might try your method. See what f that works.