Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok. So my IGMC is having an issue. One I wish to fix at some stage (I don't have time for the IGMC release, but for an update after.

I have various pictures and overlays. eg.
Exterior
Fixed pic switch 2 on
tint screen -68 -68 0 -68
Pic 1 -trees
Pic 2 -lights
pic 3- lanterns
tint pic1 -68 -68 0 -68
Interior
Fixed pic switch 2 on
tint screen -48 -48 0 -48
erase pic 1
Pic 2 -lights
erase pic 3
tint pic1 -48 -48 0 -48

the pics are seperate for if Ii want to turn off the lanterns and window lights etc at a later date. and I only want pic 1 tinted to match the screen colour.

Nnow, for the first town in the game, and the first dungeon to and fro from interior to exterior the pictures work perfectly. When I reach the second town, and go into any buildings and come back out, suddenly I can walk on the pictures, and pic 1 is darker than the map, and this extends to every map I enter after. The events are exactly the same, so Ii really don't understand why it works before then perfectly, byt suddenly changes afterwards.

To be clear, the events are exactl the same throughout the entire game. exterior and interior, and the error only occurs in the second town. I have looked at each event in turn and there's nothing different about them at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This may not be the cause of your issue, but for this sort of situation I include tinting the screen back down to zero on every transfer out of a map where the tint changes in case the tint carries over from one to the other. My sequence is:

Fadeout screen
tint normal, 1 frame
erase pic (if there is one)
any switches etc
transfer player with the fade on that command set to none
fadein.

My tints are set by parallel processes on each map, with Erase Event as the last command.

EDIT
What script/plugin, if any, are you using which affects your picture e.g. fix to map?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Um... I think it’s yanfly fixed picture? Or modern algebra.

I’d have to check. I’m not in my comp at the moment.

I might try your method. See what f that works.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!
I finally caved and bought myself a Switch.
I'm having some trouble finding an established sub-genre to classify our current project. Effervesce Fallacy™ is loosely based on chaos theory . . . does anyone know what this sub-genre is called?
I figured I should start off with a game this (I think at least)would be easier to program. Demonstrating Card drawing for Black Jack

I'm playing Pokémon Yellow to celebrate National Pokémon Day. :smile: What Pokémon games is everyone else playing?

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForbiddenDonut