Pictures as Variables?

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
I notice there is an option to call a picture using a list variable. How can I do this? If it's somewhere in the guide, I cannot seem to find it.

Nova By Creative Robot

Creator of NOIM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Cant test this right now but can you can try saving the filename in a variable. Or showing the proper picture depending on the value of the variable.

That's through eventing though.

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Cant test this right now but can you can try saving the filename in a variable. Or showing the proper picture depending on the value of the variable.

That's through eventing though.
If I name a file whatever variable I'm going to use, then there's no point to using variables for selecting an image. Suppose I want a common event that calls different pictures for certain times. I set a variable beforehand to load the proper imageset, then the Common Event uses this imageset.
If I just name the pictures based on whatever variable I'll be using, then I can't make a new imsageset and call the event for it, I'll have to make a new event each time.

Nova By Creative Robot

Creator of NOIM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's superb! Common event to call again and again then use a variable as a condition to specify which picture.

SCAn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
That's superb! Common event to call again and again then use a variable as a condition to specify which picture.
Yes, that is my question. How do I save pictures as list variables? I can't seem to find the commands for it.

The workaround I proposed of having a new Common Event each time is absolutely possible, but I want to avoid it for the sake of filesize. Sure, it won't take up too much data, but I'm trying to cut every possible aspect which would bloat the filesize, and that can add up to entire megabytes possibly maybe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostPunishR