Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As name implies, I'd need the option whichcan be turned on/off where the picture moves with the shake screen. Normally, when you shake the screen, the pictures do not follow the shaking and it can look really off especially if any of the pictures are used as overlays, like I do.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
Lacking a bunch of infos like "What do you mean by a Picture?" Sprite? Bitmap? or Pictures from the Eventing "Show Picture"?

If it's Sprite/Bitmap from a script, you will need to provide the link to those scripts.

And it will be better to add infos like, Why, or When are you using the shake screen. Under what circumstances?

Please update your top post when you do to ease the job of anyone reading this tread.

And if it's just eventing show picture during a conversation, you can try move the pictures' X/Y to "emulate" a "shake" on them.

Can't remember how "show picture" updates itself. But you might pull it off simply by setting screen_x / screen_y to it if the picture update itself per frame.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MeowFace, he means Pictures as in the Show Picture command.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
@MeowFace, he means Pictures as in the Show Picture command.
np, because he mentioned "overlay" so i am thinking he might be using scripts like parallax mapping/fog that's using a different viewport.

If it's only picture from eventing, skymen's suggestion should work.

Btw, MeowFace, you seem pretty active here, but as I'm bored, I'll try help as much as you do ^^
well, i blame this for reminding me all the time. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pictures do get overlaid on top of the rest of the map. And he says "especially IF they get used as overlays", so includes occasions when they are NOT used as overlays.

Trust me - he's talking about the Show Picture command.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
well if it's only picture. a really short snippet should work. if i remember right picture is using viewport2 right?

so here's the code:

put this below Material and above Main.

class Spriteset_Map  alias meow_shakes update_viewports  def update_viewports    @viewport2.ox = $game_map.screen.shake if $game_switches[1]    meow_shakes  endend

change 1 in $game_switches[1] to any number you like. that should work as a switch in game to turn it on/off

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMOKO