pictures of faces not showing up at first

liamx2000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey all , I assume this is a plugin issue , one of my projects has this weird issue where the faces and pictures don't appear at first in the character menu screen , You have to open the menu then close it and when you open it for the second time the pictures of the characters faces appear again and the issue goes away.
Any ideas ?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
which plugin is it? if it a bust, you can use best galve image cache to load them on start and it works perfectly after that.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the problem is that files (including pictures) need to be loaded completely before they can be used.
Usually that is solved by the screen either waiting or updating itself until everything is displayed, but from the sound of it your plugin screen only tries to load them once.

liamx2000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think the YEP_GridFreeDooDads plugin is the cause of the issue , I turned it off and now faces can be seen straight away , I wonder why it causes an issues with the face sets ? can it be fixed ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If any of yanfly's plugins behave strangely, then that usually means that you got their order wrong in the plugin manager.
They are required to have exactly the same order as they are listed on his website.

or you could simply have too many graphics loaded by the doodads as heavy ram-use always slows down computers.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Delay in loading (not appearing at first and appearing the second time) almost always equal a RAM caching problem. Not sure about solutions, but I think there are plugins to try to fix that, although I don't know if they really work.

liamx2000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Delay in loading (not appearing at first and appearing the second time) almost always equal a RAM caching problem. Not sure about solutions, but I think there are plugins to try to fix that, although I don't know if they really work.
Awww dam , any idea what Plugins they are ?

If you guys had the problem how would you go about fixing it ?

has anyone on here had this problem and if so did you find a way a way around it ?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as said above, there are several possible causes - including wrong order of plugins as I said above.
give us a screenshot of your plugin manage and we can help you better.

Simply adding a preloader plugin is NOT a good solution if you don't know how to use them. Because they also have disadvantages and can cause your game to crash by RAM overload instead of preventing load errors.

Just think about it: if that were a perfect solution,Degica would have implemented it in the base engine for all to use.
There is no perfect solution, and that is why looking for the cause of a problem is always better than just painting it over to not be seen.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Someone else had this problem a while back so you can look through the suggested solutions here:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...rst-open-with-yanfly-grid-free-doodads.98627/

I personally don't use Doodads so I don't know if the solutions work, but if they don't and you're familiar with Javascript, you can try using a setTimeout function when loading the images (see method 3 in this post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rmmv-faceset-not-loading.98558/#post-887865). If I'm not mistaken some of Yanfly's plug-ins use it too to avoid this problem.

Edit: Edited the first link to take you to the main thread page rather than an individual post.

liamx2000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Someone else had this problem a while back so you can look through the suggested solutions here:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...rst-open-with-yanfly-grid-free-doodads.98627/

I personally don't use Doodads so I don't know if the solutions work, but if they don't and you're familiar with Javascript, you can try using a setTimeout function when loading the images (see method 3 in this post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rmmv-faceset-not-loading.98558/#post-887865). If I'm not mistaken some of Yanfly's plug-ins use it too to avoid this problem.

Edit: Edited the first link to take you to the main thread page rather than an individual post.
Thanks one of the fixes worked ! , very much appreciated to all who replied

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyles85