Pictures randomly dissapear when using the choice command

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Amarok, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Amarok

Amarok Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    exactly what the title says, whenever i use the choices command one of the pictures being displayed on screen dissapears.
    I have no idea why and its driving me a bit insane. xD
    Anyone else encountered this problem?

2. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I believe the screen is cleared or refreshed when the choice window is called.
    also, there's viewports and a specific inheritance order, which control the screen, and they're all refreshed when a change is made to them.
    I'm not sure there's a fix for that.... if your pictures are part of your GUI and not cosmetics or busts, you should try and write a new GUI so they won't belong to the *screen* object which belongs to the *map*

The Stranger and Amarok like this.
  3. Amarok

Amarok Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    thanks for the reply mate! in the end i evented the choices window too, its really easy and looks better anyways, but im still curious as to why a particular picture gets erased when the screen refreshes.

The Stranger likes this.
  4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We'd need to see a few screenshots of the way your events WERE set up, and know if you were using any plugins that have anything to do with pictures or choices.

I've never heard of any issues so at this stage I would assume it's something you were doing that may be related to plugins and switches.

But if you've already changed everything and got it working and are happier with how it looks now, there's not much point in going back.