RMMV Pineport

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by ViolentFerret, Mar 19, 2018.

1. ViolentFerret

ViolentFerret Class-A Polecat Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: This game contain images of violence / gore
    and handles topics like psychological disorders, abuse, suicide and religion.

[​IMG]

• Welcome to Pineport!
      A quiet small town far from any major city, where everybody knows their neighbours!

One fateful night all the town children vanishes without a trace. You play as Emery Dwayne, an outsider who only recently moved to Pineport, searching for your daughter Nathalie, hoping to find clues as to what became of the children.

But Pineport is a quiet town... Too quiet... And as the search goes on, the insignificant town of Pineport reveals darker secrets than you could ever imagine. Sometimes it is better to not know your neighbours...

_______________________________________________________________________________

Pineport is a storydriven horror game where you will need to solve puzzles and search for clues in order to progress along the 5 chapters of the game. Every chapter contains different types of enemies, chase scenes and bosses that you will need to defeat using your wits.

Semi-open world
      with a main storyline and several sidequests, leaving you to choose where you want to go and what to do next. But be careful! Not every path is worth exploring, and may trigger one of the game's different endings.

[​IMG]

• One morning in the small town of Pineport all the children are suddenly gone. There are no traces of them anywhere with the exception of strange letters left behind with messages that are oddly specific to each set of parents.

A year passes without any news about the children. Emery Dwayne can no longer sit idly by. He has noticed that the people living here are beginning to act... strange. He feels as if he is the only one who still isn't able to move on, and decides to search for his daughter, Nathalie, on his own. The only person he trusts to seek advice from is his old friend James, who seem to be unaffected by the events in town.

The other parents dismisses the letters left behind after the children went missing, but James urges Emery to speak to the other parents about it. Emery will soon discover that the people in the quiet town of Pineport is not as innocent as they portray themselves to be. A shadow enshrouds Pineport in its dark veil, and its inhabitants keep secrets grimmer than he could ever imagine.

Emery will have to risk his life in order to get to the truth, but he will soon discover...
      ...that not all doors are meant to be opened

[​IMG]
    (Only the protagonists)

• [​IMG]
      Emery Dwayne (Playable Character):
      A grieving father who's daughter disappeared during the incident of the vanishing Pineport children. He is respected by his peers but is considered an outsider since he's not born and raised in Pineport. He is a working class family man, kind and helpful to those who are close to him. He prides himself in being solution oriented and is handy with tools as he has worked in various construction jobs through his life. He is still quick to jump to conclusions and can exhibit quite a temper when provoked or when his close ones are threatened. Even though may look quiet and polite to the people around him, he keeps secrets from his past as well as anyone else in Pineport.

[​IMG]
      Nathalie Dwayne:
      The daughter of the protagonist. A quiet girl loved by her parents as much as she loves them. When the Dwayne family moved to Pineport she adapted well in school, but adapted a shy persona which manifested itself back at home as well. She disappeared along with the other children of Pineport during the incident last year.

[​IMG]
      James Sullivan:
      Previously, a good friend of the Dwayne family. After the incident with the children, he and Emery did not keep in touch as much as they did before. He is a restless soul at heart, traveling a lot in order to do unofficial research, mainly on old books, texts and scriptures which he brings back to Pineport to study closer. At home he is the head librarian in town where he runs a tight ship. He is polite, educated and will never speak unnecessarily, keeping things to himself unless it is of importance to the current subject. This gives the impression that he always knows more than he lets on.

[​IMG]
    DISCLAIMER: The video contains disturbing images of gore and violence.

[​IMG]

• [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Low, Plueschkatze, Marquise* and 2 others like this.
  2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there! Could you please remove or replace the 3rd and 5th images? There is some concern that they may be a bit much for some of our younger members. Everything else is fine - we appreciate the disclaimer and your topic looks nice.

Marquise* and ViolentFerret like this.
  3. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Aside from what was said, is James Sullivan a Silent Hill throwback?
    Also I'm really looking forward to this! It looks really polished and my type of jam.

ViolentFerret likes this.
  4. ViolentFerret

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sure thing, I'll replace them with some others as I got plenty of screenshots.
    Thanks for letting me know! :LZSproud:

When I wrote the Character I just picked the first name that came to me, but the James Sunderland / Walter Sullivan-combination just became something i embraced. I love the SH-series and the game is probably going to have a couple of nods toward different horror-classics anyways (be it games, movies or literature) so I'm guessing the name stays as well :LZSsmile:
    Glad it peaked your interest, and thank you for your kind words!

5. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I really love the choice of naming to be honest! Hopefully there'd be a demo or something soon. Can't wait to play it! :kaoluv:

6. ViolentFerret

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the feedback! I am actually hoping to upload a pre-alpha demo sometime this spring. But it's a little soon to set a date yet. I'll update the topic when I get so far :LZScheeze:

Archeia likes this.
  7. ViolentFerret

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    UPDATE: 29th February 2018

Just finished a polished and playable version through Chapter 1.
    I know a lot of people do the aesthetics last for a game, but I like to work on it as I go to get a better vision of the finished products.

• Chapter 1 Complete:
      • Completed directing cut scenes
      • Chase sequences
      • Proper hiding / escaping mechanic
      • All items and NPC's related to the story in Ch.1
      • Chapter Boss Fight
      • Spriting for death animations and enemies
      • Completed Puzzles
    • The City Zone
      • Added one new side quest
      • New buildings to enter with interior
      • New NPC's
      • Extended the map-feature
      • Branching for multiple endings

• Mapping a complete interior for Chapter 2's main area
    • Writing more story details for Ch.2 / Ch.3
    • Making new sprites for NPC's and Ch.2 enemies and boss
    • Working on new puzzles and writing ideas for future puzzles
    • Trying to figure out the mechanic for Ch.2 Boss fight

8. ViolentFerret

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    UPDATE: 9th April 2018

Finally gotten around to make a small teaser for what the game looks like!
    I've added it to the topic for easier access.
    Still working on the upcoming chapters, and i maaay make a demo of the first chapter in the near future as well!

DISCLAIMER: Teaser contains disturbing images of gore and violence

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  9. Alexander Hawksmoor

Alexander Hawksmoor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That trailer looks pretty fricken amazing, the quality was great and there were parts in there that really made me jump. Well played!

10. ViolentFerret

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you! As I'm making a horror game it would come as no surprise that I take that as a huge compliment :LZSwink:

The teaser shows a lot of the more frantic elements of the game, but in between there will be a lot of psychological scares and a good amount of unsettling mood.

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked it :LZSsmile:

11. Alexander Hawksmoor

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Im a massive fan of horror games so I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Are you going go release a demo?

12. ViolentFerret

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you! Glad it peaked your interest :LZSyum:
    I'll be releasing a demo, but i can't say with certainty when. My best guess; It will be a pre-alpha sometime this spring/beginning of summer. I'll update about any eventual date :LZSproud:

13. Alexander Hawksmoor

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice, sounds about the same time I plan to release my own demo, look forward to it.