Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Synopsis
PiNG is a re-imagination of the classic game 'pong', but with one major difference... It has a very well trained neural network artificial intelligence controlling the enemy! Defeating the game AI is no easy task, one which only the best players of the game are likely to accomplish.

I spent many weeks learning how to properly train the AI brain. It does not know 'how to play', instead, it knows 'how to predict'. The AI 'remembers' many thousands of times that the 'bat' has hit the 'ball', and it uses that information to its advantage. The end result is a brain that has around 95% prediction success rate. Of course, 95% isnt flawless, and it does occasionally predict incorrectly, but when it does it's only around 12% inaccurate at most. This was the last generation of AI training before the AI was completely unbeatable. The current brain is beatable, but its certainly not easy!

Good Luck...

Screenshots

Link To Game
https://www.dekitarpg.com/games/ping

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just played a couple quick games to check it out; nice work. Lost my first game, won the second. Mostly it was getting used to the speed of it a little, I actually found the ball a little more difficult to track the second time around though because a bigger lack of contrast between the bright water background and the ball itself (not sure if the stage is randomized or not); although maybe that's an intentional way of yours adding difficulty? Anyway, seems well made from those couple games and a nice quick and little distraction.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, that was a thing I noticed as well about the backgrounds - some of the variations on them or lighter colors made the ball more difficult to see. It was still fun to play though!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I did consider updating the background images, but im no artist, so I just used the ones I had from my previous ace version of the game :D

Yes, the backgrounds are randomized, but you can select a specific one in the menu. i personally like the ping championships background best. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.
I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fedon