Pioneer Valley Games Resources - Official Topic

Discussion in 'PVGames Resource Packs' started by Jesse - PVGames, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Backlash404

Backlash404 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    With the tourney pack is there any possibility of having riding animations so we can put are characters on the horses. One way to do this could be to have set riding champs/boots pieces for the horse so that we can just chop of the bottom of some of the default animations and just show the top to have a sudo riding visual.

Also seeing that you obviously have many packs planned can you tell us you current roll out plan of what order each of these packs will be released.

2. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Backlash404 I think @Jesse - PVGames is currently working on a free character parts pack at the moment, then he's moving on to the caverns & Orcs pack. That's what was happening last time I checked, which wasn't too long ago. Don't quote me on that, though. For all I know his plans could've changed drastically. xD

3. blakebishop1989

blakebishop1989 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Hello @Jesse - PVGames was just wondering if you were able to give us a progress report on the freebies pack, I'm so excited for that!

4. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A fair bit over the half-way point, probably another week or two

The Stranger and Niten Ichi Ryu like this.
  5. mystic0

mystic0 Freeman Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have purchased most of your packages and I was wondering if there is a compiled template project (using MV)? I had used an older version of RPG maker and I'm quite familiar with Javascript. Although I'm not very familiar with the newer plugins.

6. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Heya Mystic0 - for the IGMC, I made a project that will basically fulfill this purpose. I will eventually package it up after some modifications to use as a example project for these resources, including some plug-ins to utilize them.

7. Gustavo_Br

Gustavo_Br Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I still awaiting the release of Plague Bringers on steam :frown:

The Stranger likes this.
  8. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Jesse I'm curious about what references you use for clothing and whatnot? Links?

9. zombiefy

zombiefy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sorry if this is a repost, but have you considered a Patreon page? I would subscribe.

starlight dream likes this.
  10. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    @BloodletterQ - I have a large library of resources that I purchased/custom made over the course of years.

@zombiefy - It has been brought up before, but I honestly have no idea what I would produce to make it worthwhile and for how much. I have asked for general ideas and feedback on the topic in the past, but nothing ever was shared lol, so it always felt like something that was better as an idea than a reality. But, like always, I am open to suggestions as to what people might believe to be a fair price (per month, as Patreon goes) and what might be a good amount of content in return.

starlight dream likes this.
  11. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    FYI, Jesse would not be allowed to post about his Patreon here, since it would violate the advertising rules.

12. BloodletterQ

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Was curious since I want to get back into drawing.

13. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    So I just bought six of the resource packs (only left out plague town as I don't need it yet). Trying to download them... Bloody 'ell, these are mossive. Gonna take a few weeks to download them all!

Fifty quid is really too cheap for all this lot. This is an amazing set. Didn't expect this much to be in it.

padr81 and The Stranger like this.
  14. Gustavo_Br

Gustavo_Br Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Jesse, why the new resources wont go to steam? I'm waiting since the plague bringers

15. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    @Gustavo_Br I don't have any control over that, but I was told that Plague Bringers and Diseased Town will be going to Steam in the near future.

16. jayray

jayray Jay Ray Games and Art Design- Oklahoma City, OK Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    speaking of which... what gives? it's been a month, waiting on Underdeep!

wait, that came off as rude... No, what I meant to say is....

This money I got in my Paypal is burning a HOLE in my WALLET, and I want to spend it on ya... I await with eager anticipation on all the caves and rocky dungeons I plan to craft in the very near (hopefully) future...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    The Stranger likes this.
  17. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Hey all! Just wanted to give a general statement about how things are looking and what I will be doing going forward in the near future.

As of writing this, the Medieval Expansion set (the new/revised awesome houses, trees, ground tiles) and the Medieval Heroes I pack are both nearing completion. After these two, I will focus on the next resource pack, the High Seas.

So going forward, this is a tentative list of packs I will be making (not necessarily in order):

• Medieval: High Seas - Ships, docks, tropical islands, pirate and corsair-themed clothing and equipment, water-based monsters, maybe others as well (undead pirates?!)
    • Medieval: Northmen - Snow biome, viking settlements, viking-themed clothing and equipment, some frost/snow biome themed monsters.
    • Medieval: Swampland (probably will have different name) - Swamp biome, lizardmen character pieces (like the orc add-ons from Underdeep), swamp settlement buildings and items, swamp creatures.
    • Medieval: Dunes (probably will have different name) - Desert-themed biome, medieval middle-eastern style buildings and clothing styles, desert-themed creatures.
    • Medieval: Damnation (or whatever name I end up going with) - Demonic-style dungeon tiles, wizard character pieces and clothing, demon creatures. Since I have made an archtype for angels, I can further flesh this out with some angelic characters and demonic characters with wings.
    • Medieval: Tourney - Tournament grounds/Jousting lists tiles, fancy armor, horses and horse barding.
    • Mythos: Re-Awakening - Much anticipated new Mythos resource set. The first Mythos is one of the more popular resource sets, so I would like to really polish this one and make it as good as can be, with a heavy focus on the Mythos creatures.
    Smaller style packs also being considered:
    • Medieval: Heroes - Additional characters, will depend on how well the first Medieval Heroes set does, but if it is anything like the Main Party Packs of yore, it should do well.
    • Medieval: Villains - Like the Medieval Heroes pack(s), except instead of heroes it contains evil-themed characters.
    • Medieval: Monsters - Perhaps a pack (or packs) of just creatures to populate the lands? I figure this might be a good way to fill in various monster gaps not addressed by the above-mentioned packs or existing packs.
    • Mythos: Insane Asylum - An add-on to the Mythos Re-Awakening set that focuses purely on insane-asylum tiles and characters.
    • Medieval: Townsfolk II - Additional townsfolk characters with unique animations. It will depend on how well the previous Townsfolk set does though (takes awhile to see).
    • Medieval: Far East - An Asian-inspired set of tiles, character pieces, etc. Honestly, this is one of the ones I would look forward to the least in terms of making. Back when I played MMOs, you could tell an MMO was going into the tank when it started releasing expansion packs that focused on Japanese or Chinese themes *coughUltimaeOnlinecoughcough*
    So that is what is on the docket for the time being. Some of these have been on the list since the beginning when I first started making the Medieval line of resources, some have been added part-way through.

As usual, the order of these is not concrete, nor is there a guarantee that they will be made given that life can be unpredictable. If the RPGMaker folk decide to make and release a new RPG Maker engine, for example, that could cut short any plans for the above resource sets as I would most likely shift gears to support that (as I did when MV came out). But if MV keeps on keeping on the way it is, then the above lists should give a good idea of what to expect in the future.

18. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Mythos! Holy crap that will be amazing!

starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  19. ekhartpl

ekhartpl Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am eagerly awaiting Mythos set(s). I'm doing what I can using whatever resources I have, but if a new Mythos pack follows the style of all Medievals, with a certain amount of clothing and equipment (maybe fitting Medieval bodies?) to combine, I will have a much easier time, at least character wise.

But please, make at least 8 directions for cars. 4 directions are not enough!

starlight dream and The Stranger like this.
  20. BloodletterQ

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Should we decide by votes which pack to do next?

padr81 likes this.