mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I always wondered if you would do a polished version of the mythos pack, how well it would fit with the medieval resources. I can see some of the clothes like trousers work in a modern setting as well...but there are no gun poses for them...kind of like the crossbow/arquebus problem.

I'm hoping for Damnation. Angels vs. Demons ... together with all the awesome sanctuary/church/monk stuff we already have could give you everything for an epic battle between heaven and hell :)

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sort of hoping that @Jesse - PVGames focuses more on the mythos aspect (Lovecraftian entities) rather than the whole 1930's setting. I'd rather see more eldritch abominations than fedoras and old fashioned cars, but that's just me. :p

Aside from the Mythos pack, I'm really looking forward to the demonic and magical stuff, as well as the pirate pack. Still holding out for even a few infernal character parts. Perhaps some small spikes covering the head, much like Pinhead from Hellraiser. Maybe even a fang filled maw we can use as an overlay\decal.

Last edited:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Niten Ichi Ryu Very true. 1930's is popular because that's when Lovecraft was around, and many of his stories use things from that era. You could focus purely on the Dreamlands, the fantasy world Lovecraft created, and you couldn't go wrong. The Cthulhu Mythos is more fantasy than horror, in my opinion, using: fantastical locations, Atlantis, warring alien civilisations, magic, strange technology, the undead, etc.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Maybe more gothic fantasy clothing than 30s’ clothing might work? The drow clothing already kind of fill that quota. If the 30s’ clothes are important, they’d probably suit a mini pack.

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
One word:wizards. We have every other kind of class we could make, for the most part. But not a lot of wizard stuff. Most of the basics are here to make a complete game. If we can overcome the caster hurdle, everything would be in order and the other packs would more or less be special thematic packs.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I like the 1930s setting very much. It is very unique and at one point I will make a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen game, and combining the 1930s Mythos Pack with the Western Pack Remake (which will hopefully also come although it probably wasn't that popular) will give me the perfect resources for that London Steampunk setting!

Plus because he's done it before, Jesse already has the 3D models like cars and the clothing and can expand from there. It is uncommon that Daz3D has that much content of an unpopular era like 1930-1950(render wise), so why not use that! Normally all the content you get is either fantasy/medieval, modern or Sci-Fi. And while there are different tilesets for fantasy and modern around here, the 1930 Mythos Set is the only one of its kind.

Well, still going for Damnation...but when that is picked, @Jesse - PVGames can we please, please get the demon horns I've been asking for since the series started? As male and female headwear? Small devil horns and bigger aries-like horns...please not just make one demon with wings, include it in the villain pack and say 'that's it.' Please give us the tools to create our own demon army! Oh, and since I'm already shamelessly asking for demon stuff: A whip, A giant Scythe, and a headman's axe as weapons... :)

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wishes for each pack

• High Seas: Eye. Freaking. Patches. Cutlasses, Bandanas, probably some merchant class stuff
  • Northmen: The dwarven parts adapted to human bodies.
  • Swampland: Nasty looking bugs
  • Dunes: Maybe gypsy-looking stuff?
  • Damnation: Demonic looking armor (think Daedric gear or Nightmare) or angelic gear. Probably a second part to the bosses in a mini pack. Plenty of cloaks and glasses.
  • Tourney: More ornate armor like the skirt some of your female warriors tend to wear.
  • Mythos: Probably want to separate the 30s’ and eldritch creatures.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mardin I gave up on the idea of there ever being enough resources in this style for a proper steampunk game. I'm now making my steampunk game using various MV steampunk assets.

TBH, the only pack in this style which really left me disappointed was the Sci-Fi pack for Ace. I just hope that @Jesse - PVGames doesn't spread himself too thin, and remains focused on the Fantasy\Medieval genre. In my opinion, many assets dedicated to a single genre will be of greater use than a handful of assets spread across many genres.

Last edited:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't have demons without whips and scythes. :p

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am eagerly awaiting Mythos set(s). I'm doing what I can using whatever resources I have, but if a new Mythos pack follows the style of all Medievals, with a certain amount of clothing and equipment (maybe fitting Medieval bodies?) to combine, I will have a much easier time, at least character wise.

But please, make at least 8 directions for cars. 4 directions are not enough!

The new Mythos stuff will utilize the same templates so the clothing options that would come with the Mythos resources would be cross-compatible with all of the various medieval and fantasy resources and vice versa. And, yes, 8 direction vehicles :)

Should we decide by votes which pack to do next?

It's not a democracy, I tend to do whichever I have the most "juice" for, though I also try to do things that a lot of people ask for if I can. Sometimes I just don't have it in me to do a certain genre at a particular time, and instead of sitting around and waiting for the inspiration to hit me for it or forcing myself to be miserable and working on it, I will do a different resource set instead - it is much more productive that way :)

I always wondered if you would do a polished version of the mythos pack, how well it would fit with the medieval resources. I can see some of the clothes like trousers work in a modern setting as well...but there are no gun poses for them...kind of like the crossbow/arquebus problem.

I'm hoping for Damnation. Angels vs. Demons ... together with all the awesome sanctuary/church/monk stuff we already have could give you everything for an epic battle between heaven and hell :)

The big issue in terms of cross compatibility would be the lack of pistol or other firearm poses. I am not sure how I want to address this issue just yet, but it might be that the characters with firearms might be pre-made characters and the rest of the clothing and melee weapons and what not are in the similar template style as the Medieval packs.

As for the Damnation pack (which seems a fair few people here are excited about), I am certainly thinking angels vs demons but I did say I would have wizards and such in there as well (my original thought being like a summoning style pack), so it should be an interesting mixture of themes that hopefully prove useful. I think it will focus more on the demonic side of things with the tiles and monsters, but this is where the wizards will mostly be as well.

I'm sort of hoping that @Jesse - PVGames focuses more on the mythos aspect (Lovecraftian entities) rather than the whole 1930's setting. I'd rather see more eldritch abominations than fedoras and old fashioned cars, but that's just me. :p

Aside from the Mythos pack, I'm really looking forward to the demonic and magical stuff, as well as the pirate pack. Still holding out for even a few infernal character parts. Perhaps some small spikes covering the head, much like Pinhead from Hellraiser. Maybe even a fang filled maw we can use as an overlay\decal.

I can respect the fact that tiles and clothing options fitting for the 1930's might not be to your liking or current need, but for some reason it remains one of the more popular themes. I think the fact that it is relatively easy to make a horror-genre game (short length, simple mechanics, fun atmosphere, etc) lends itself to the popularity of such horror-style resources, combined with the popularity of HP Lovecraft in general. There will definitely be 1930's-40's style tiles and clothing, but there will definitely be some really great monsters in this pack. A few will return from the original Mythos pack with new animations, larger size, better resolution, better art, and there will be many brand new ones as well. My hope is that even if the tiles and clothing are not of interest, the monsters will be regardless of the time-period your game inhabits.

Demonic/infernal character add-ons is a great idea, I am certainly going to try and include some :)

Chtulhu mythos doesn't need to be always in early 20th century.

For example, sans detour, a French pen and paper publisher has released a setting using the Mythos in Byzantium AD 800

My hope is that even if someone has no use for a 1930's-40's style tileset, they can still find great use in the monsters in the resource pack, which are the main focus of the pack after all. The creatures of the HP Lovecraft mythos are truly timeless and can fit in just about any time period. But I just can't, out of love for HP Lovecraft and his entire completed works and biography sitting on my bookshelf right now, not include the 1930's setting :)

@Niten Ichi Ryu Very true. 1930's is popular because that's when Lovecraft was around, and many of his stories use things from that era. You could focus purely on the Dreamlands, the fantasy world Lovecraft created, and you couldn't go wrong. The Cthulhu Mythos is more fantasy than horror, in my opinion, using: fantastical locations, Atlantis, warring alien civilisations, magic, strange technology, the undead, etc.

More stories from HP Lovecraft than not didn't even revolve around the sorts of creatures and horror that he is most popularly known for today (much of which was actually written by other authors contributing to the Lovecraftian Mythos, such as August Derleth). He wrote a lot of sci-fi stuff as well, and definitely a lot of "the weird", such as meddling with necromancy, immortality, and so forth.

One word:wizards. We have every other kind of class we could make, for the most part. But not a lot of wizard stuff. Most of the basics are here to make a complete game. If we can overcome the caster hurdle, everything would be in order and the other packs would more or less be special thematic packs.

I would tend to agree with this, and I think you are right. With the inclusion of wizardly character creation items, that should pretty much fully round out "the basics", with each additional pack adding, hopefully useful, supplementation.

@Jesse - PVGames what about Medieval: Ancient Elves? Body types, weapons, clothing, elven buildings and decorum

Now that we have Orcs, dwarves and drows, we need some high elves and wood elves.

Yeah, they were part of the original plan, the Watchwood, before I gave them more thought. I am just really not sure at the moment that I really have enough "stuff" to make a full pack for them. I haven't ruled it out though, it is just something that I would need to look deeper into. I wouldn't want to make a whole new body template just for elves, I would much prefer to make them akin to humans so they can use all of the same clothes, weapons, armor, etc that humans (and orcs) can and vice versa.

I like the 1930s setting very much. It is very unique and at one point I will make a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen game, and combining the 1930s Mythos Pack with the Western Pack Remake (which will hopefully also come although it probably wasn't that popular) will give me the perfect resources for that London Steampunk setting!

Plus because he's done it before, Jesse already has the 3D models like cars and the clothing and can expand from there. It is uncommon that Daz3D has that much content of an unpopular era like 1930-1950(render wise), so why not use that! Normally all the content you get is either fantasy/medieval, modern or Sci-Fi. And while there are different tilesets for fantasy and modern around here, the 1930 Mythos Set is the only one of its kind.

Well, still going for Damnation...but when that is picked, @Jesse - PVGames can we please, please get the demon horns I've been asking for since the series started? As male and female headwear? Small devil horns and bigger aries-like horns...please not just make one demon with wings, include it in the villain pack and say 'that's it.' Please give us the tools to create our own demon army! Oh, and since I'm already shamelessly asking for demon stuff: A whip, A giant Scythe, and a headman's axe as weapons... :)

I really do not plan on revisiting Steampunk/Western. It really is not nearly as popular as some might have you believe lol. It is very niche and not one that is at all easy to create for. For a small handful of people it is useful, but that is pretty much it, there is not much of the content that can cross over to other genres to be more useful. The Steampunk assets to this day remain one of the worst selling sets, which sucks because I spent the better part of an entire year making them. I really don't plan on investing that amount of time into that genre again, especially for a potential loss.

The Mythos set though remains one of the more popular sets, and it is one that I personally really love. And I think you are right, it is one of a kind... there are only a handful of horror-themed resource packs out there for sale, and of that small handful they are almost all zombie apocalypse themed (which isn't a bad thing), so the Mythos set is very unique. As an added bonus, the monsters of the Mythos pack are truly timeless and can fit in with just about any other genre or time period, thus making the Mythos pack more flexible in its use than a Steampunk/Western pack.

As for demon stuff like horns, I will definitely see about adding that stuff in, as others also requested it (I will even try for the big ol' horns like you asked, sort of reminds me of the old movie Legend :) )

But for demon wings, at least as far as create-your-own-character goes, that will not be possible (same with angel wings). In order for the wings to work on the character like the angel I just made for the Heroes I pack, I had to nearly double the size of the animation frame. To put it simply, you would not be able to overlay the wings onto a template because the template and the wings are two different sized boxes (not to mention I did a curated amount of animations for the wings, so not every single pose even has animation available for the wings). But I will certainly endeavor to give a number of winged demon (and angel) characters in the pack, along with as many demonic/angelic/wizardly clothing, accessories, body modifications, etc as I can.

Wishes for each pack

• High Seas: Eye. Freaking. Patches. Cutlasses, Bandanas, probably some merchant class stuff
  • Northmen: The dwarven parts adapted to human bodies.
  • Swampland: Nasty looking bugs
  • Dunes: Maybe gypsy-looking stuff?
  • Damnation: Demonic looking armor (think Daedric gear or Nightmare) or angelic gear. Probably a second part to the bosses in a mini pack. Plenty of cloaks and glasses.
  • Tourney: More ornate armor like the skirt some of your female warriors tend to wear.
  • Mythos: Probably want to separate the 30s’ and eldritch creatures.

• For the High Seas - all of that is planned for (well, maybe not quite so much merchant-class stuff); think more Pirates of the Carribbean :)
  • Northmen - some of the dwarven stuff will be included for humans, along with a bunch of new stuff.
  • Swamplands - Of course!
  • Dunes - An interesting suggestion, I will certainly look into what I got for that.
  • Damnation - Definitely going to have demonic and angelic armor included, and some body mod stuff that I can fit (like horns).
  • Tourney - Definitely the plan.
  • Mythos - It won't be separated, it will be akin to the first Mythos pack but new and better and probably more monsters in general :)

@mardin I gave up on the idea of there ever being enough resources in this style for a proper steampunk game. I'm now making my steampunk game using various MV steampunk assets.

TBH, the only pack in this style which really left me disappointed was the Sci-Fi pack for Ace. I just hope that @Jesse - PVGames doesn't spread himself too thin, and remains focused on the Fantasy\Medieval genre. In my opinion, many assets dedicated to a single genre will be of greater use than a handful of assets spread across many genres.

@The Stranger : True...so we all agree on the Damnation Pack with a Scythe, Whip, Axe and Demon Horns :troll: ...Oh, and some Armor like @BloodletterQ mentioned

I mentioned above, the Steampunk stuff is really not that popular and the amount of time it takes to create it is just not worth it. It took me nearly a year to produce the first Steampunk set and that is one of the worst selling sets, aside from the Sci-Fi set which is a victim of circumstance...

The Sci-Fi set for Ace is (well, was) one of my all-time favorite packs and it was definitely screwed over inadvertently. I was in the middle of making that pack when MV was announced as a thing and content for MV was requested (so that it would be ready at its launch). I had much bigger plans and hopes for my Sci-Fi set (I love Sci-Fi, it is very near to my heart), but they were cut short. I wanted to include a couple different outdoors tilesets for alien worlds (I included what I had for that as a free update to the pack later on, no clue if Degica ever did update it, though I was told they did), more variety of characters, alien creatures, you name it. But, alas, that was all cut very short. I wrapped up what I had and sent it in so that I could start working on the new MV resources in the hopes of having them ready for around launch time. The Sci-Fi pack was released I think literally right before MV was launched, so of course nobody bought it because everyone was excited for MV and saving up for MV at that time. I can't blame them for that, I was pretty stoked for MV as well, but it saddens me a little that the Sci-Fi resources suffered so greatly and became obscure and instantly outdated because of that ill-timing.

My focus, since the launch of MV, has been the Medieval resource sets. Since the launch of MV, I have produced 10 resource packs in the Medieval line (Town and Country, Interiors, Warfare, Knights Templar, Dungeons, Bosses, Plague Bringers, Diseased Town, Underdeep, and Townfolk I) with two more packs just about finished (Expansion and Heroes I), so I think my focus is pretty good :)

The only diversion from the Medieval line in the future will be the Mythos resources, a portion of which will of course be usable in a Medieval setting such as the monsters, the base templates, even some of the clothing and tiles I am sure. I am not too eager to delve into Sci-Fi again because I just know if I learn to love again my heart will be broken by Degica announcing the next RPG Maker :)

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
A couple of suggestions for Elves (because I love Elves and totally RP'ed as an Elf during my UO days that the Medieval line reminds me of):
- Make them into a smaller-sized race.
There's so many options here ranging from "Elves are described as intelligent race of lithe, slender and tall creatures, but they're in reality very petite and diminutive with an oversized ego" to "Elves' defense mechanism is to project themselves as much taller than they really are" to "There was a mis-translation in the original lore that actually said Elves are not very tall." I think I'd have way too much fun coming up with the lore for a diminutive Elf race...
- Make them more like dryads or wood spirits.
They would be humanoid (no new template), but with a couple cosmetic options for skin-tones and ears. The defining characteristic would be the outfits - which could resemble flowers, leaves or branches. I think these would make very interesting additions for nature-based magic users, wise elders and so on.
- Make them extinct.
Okay, I know, this sounds weird, but if it's too much work to make a whole pack, then the Elven civilization could be a ruin with some statues in various states of decay. That way, you sneak in the look and the lore, but not necessarily have to make an entire pack out of them. I'd call the pack "Lost Civilizations" and add in a few other cultures you might want to explore a detail or two (but not have a full pack's worth).

In any case, I can't wait to see what's next! :D

ekhartpl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The new Mythos stuff will utilize the same templates so the clothing options that would come with the Mythos resources would be cross-compatible with all of the various medieval and fantasy resources and vice versa. And, yes, 8 direction vehicles
There will definitely be 1930's-40's style tiles and clothing, but there will definitely be some really great monsters in this pack. A few will return from the original Mythos pack with new animations, larger size, better resolution, better art, and there will be many brand new ones as well.

I'm already throwing money at you!

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Lunarea - Uh oh... (totally didn't but maybeprobably did kill a bunch of Elf RPers in his UO days...)

Ehm... anyway...
That is an interesting take on the Elves and certainly a unique way to do it. I guess I pigeon-holed myself into thinking that Elves should usually be like the Elves in Lord of the Rings, but you're right, there are certainly other interpretations of them, including much older and original versions.

I also really like the idea of Lost Civilizations... I will explore this more I think. Thank you Lunarea :)

killdude

RPD Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would you like to use dragonbones for battlers?İt will be awesome i think.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!
Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.
how it looks from the top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgagaerg