Pioneer Valley Games Resources - Official Topic

Discussion in 'PVGames Resource Packs' started by Jesse - PVGames, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Paz

Paz Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry for bumping into an old topic..

I was wondering where could I find rpg games made with PVGames resources..

I've tried to search for them but I could not find them..

I am currently working/designing a new project but I don't know if I do a jrpg or something more like PVGames style game`

Anyone have any tips on this?

2. Gustavo_Br

Gustavo_Br Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Jesse, I know you're too busy engaging in other projects and the next Mythos pack, but would you be able to make another character itens bundle with resources you've been saving there like the Freebies? Would be very interesting!
    Thank you!

3. mardin

mardin "...pretty please?" Veteran

First Language:
    German
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/the-last-journey-igmc-2018.102716/

4. Paz

Paz Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your answer

I would like to know, though, where could I find more games made with these resources.

Like i said the art on these packs are stunning and i was originally thinking on making my game with them but if there is no public for games made with this resources then I would use the default jrpg style ones.

You've pointed out one game, made by Jesse himself, I wanted to look for more, like a list or something. I've only been able to find three so far

5. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I know there are some on Steam, many using the Mythos resources, though I don't know the names off hand. You won't find a ton of games within the RPG Maker community, my resources are more popular outside of this community than within, and many people use different game-making software to utilize them.

6. Paz

Paz Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your answer

I will look for games outside the community
    I would really like to use your resources because beside being stunning they make much more sense to the game I'm designing.

I'm still falling short on some specific artwork and since I'm a terrible artist, I'll have to handle it somehow but I'll make sure to post the project here so you guys can have a look into it

7. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    I would love to see what you come up with! :)

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jesse - PVGames
    in at least one of your sets (town&country) but probably more of them the premade character sprites do not have the $ in their filename and need to be renamed before they can be usable.

That is not a problem for anyone with experience in RM or even for english speakers, but it can cause confusion for newbies that try to use the medieval sets for their first game and are not capable of reading english tutorials. As happened in another forum in my country - the person purchased the entire medieval set and was on the verge of requesting money back because they didn't understand how to use the sprites (or that the parallax pictures will never fit into regular tilesets and a number of other misinterpretations)
    You can't do anything about half of the confusions, but making those sprites directly usable that could be used, and perhaps naming the folders as clearly for parallax or for tilesets might help in the long run to prevent frustration in your customers.

9. mystic0

mystic0 Freeman Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bumping! @Jesse - PVGames
    Could you post your sample game from the IGMC or could you make a template? I had purchased all of your assets a while ago, but never got the chance to set up a game.

10. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    mystic0 likes this.