The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would love the character generator in your art style that would make my day.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Was wondering if we'll ever get Oozes/Slimes/Gelatinous Cubes for the High Fantasy stuff. My game is based on several DnD and Pathfinder Campaigns I've DM'd and it would be cool to have some of those enemies.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes, I have a slime monster in the works :)

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome. I'll be sure to get the pack they're in when they're released. Now i have the slimes to be excited about on top of the farm stuff we talked about in PM's last year.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have begun tentative thinking about my next project and am wondering about using your packs.

The thing that is holding me back is that, from the resources I've seen (which aren't all of them), the palette seems to be in the grunge range.  This is fantastic for some sorts of stories, but I was wondering if any of your stuff is more colourful?  The reason I am asking is that there is likely to be a sort of medieval aspect to the game, and medieval people loved vibrant colour; plus, of course, the countryside isn't always muddy.

If there are resources which might add colour variation, could you point me to them?

Thanks.

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using his High Fantasy range for my own game. There are colorful resources. If you want, I can take a few screenshots and show you?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Whipped up the first 'monster' creature for the Wild Steam pack:

1972415_403722243106156_1177344445_n.png

Gonna add busts and such for 'monster' characters as well this pack, something some people requested in previous packs.

ksjp: The colors can be turned up pretty easy overall. What do you need to be 'brighter' and more vibrant? Toss me a PM.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1982220_406615712816809_1081346505_n.png

A look at the first few characters created for the Wild Steam pack. Focusing more on the Steampunkish characters at the moment, then will create some more authentic wild-west type characters.

Also, if anybody has any suggestions for various random object tiles, please feel free to spam me with them  I have a few things, like liquor bottles, bags, spittoons, stuff of this nature, but I always end up forgetting to add something until after release and someone asks if X item is included. So, anything you particularly would like included? Let me know!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
How about a gramophone\phonograph? Those things always look nice in Steampunk environments. You could also include an old fashioned wall-mounted telephone, and some telephone poles.

I love the bloke in the brown long coat and cowboy hat! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tiles:

Barred Windows

Saloon Tiles:  Like the area behind the bar, the bar and stools themselves.

Playing cards (cause there is always someone playing poker in Westerns)

Various creatures (humans, animals, monsters, body parts) floating in glass tubes full of liquid

Cyber-Doc shop signs

Electrical cords or conduit

Also I thought of some character sprites.

Swinging Saloon Doors

Cybernetic Horses

Cowboy Skeletons and Zombies

Robotic Insects - Beetles, Spiders, Bees, etc.

Something with a wicked Flamethrower.  Well it looks like you already got a guy with one, but we could always use more.

Edit (Afterthought)

It's embarrassing that I forgot this since I live in Wyoming and it goes rolling by me every single day (even in the winter):

Tumbleweed, you got to have tumbleweed

Wife thought of these:

Guy behind the bar wiping out a glass

A good place for a hangin'

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here is another peak at more tiles. I made a whole slew of them recently, though most are not yet shown. The mapping isn't the best, but its more to show the tiles than my mapping abilities D:

10014564_409851175826596_781171706_n.png

@The Stranger - Love the idea, I will see what I can do :)  Was planning on a Steampunkish Organ as well

@Infamous Bon Bon - Great suggestions! I already have a few of them whipped up, such as the barred windows, saloon tiles (full bar, stage area, special tables/stools, etc), and robotic insects (spider primarily, but probably one or two others as well) were already on the to-do list :)  I like the idea of floating parts in glass jars, definitely gonna add those in somewhere :) Tumbleweeds, gonna have to have those! 

Thanks for the comments folks. If any more come to mind, be sure to let me know! :)

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's looking great! What is that large black thing in-between the windows on the upper floor?

Are you planning on creating any airship\Zeppelin tiles?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lol, everyone always asks what that thing is because I never really put it in a spot that looks like it makes sense. Its just a metal wall brace - if it wasn't partially covered by tables, you would be able to see it better.

And yes, airship stuff is on the agenda, along with a host of various steam machine vehicles.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
It would be nice to see a few Steam-punk Elves and Dwarves in the pack, as well. Dwarves in suits or with prosthetic limbs would be great!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its just a metal wall brace
Hope you don't mind me making a suggestion, but unless it's some form of flying buttress, (which would be odd on the inside) it wouldn't start one tile down from the bottom of the wall, and if it is one, then it needs shadow underneath it to show that it is at an angle to the wall.

Slasherzeta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know this isn't the most appropriate topic, but I can't find the one with the free resources so I figure I'll ask it here. With the icon set you released with one of your free resources (the Paladin I believe) you provided some bases to construct new icons, and I was just curious what font you used, or was it a custom made one? Because I'm trying to come up with a new icon, and I want the word Brand in the same style, so as to match the icon set.

Thanks in advance.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Slasherzeta - You can find all of my freebies on my website here: http://www.pioneervalleygames.com/free-resources.html

I have been meaning to make a new set of icons that are of much better quality, I just haven't put in the time yet due to working on Aleph and resource packs. I will try to set aside time sometime soon to do this, I know a number of people would like to use them. As for the font, I am not 100% sure off the top of my head, but I think it's Cambria. What do you want your icon to look like? I could try and put it in the new icon set when I get to it :)

@The Stranger - I was planning on mixing in some non-humans, and had plans for some steampunk prosthetics (steampunk hook hand, peg leg, etc). I didn't think of Elves though, but did think of Dwarves and perhaps a couple cat people or something :)  But I suppose some long-eared folk would be cool, too :)

@ksjp17 - It's not a flying buttress, it is literally a piece of metal bolted into the wall. Can't see the whole thing in that pic due to it being partially covered by tables. It's modular so you can adjust how big it is or whatever you want :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At any rate, I have the first 8 human characters finished for the Wild Steam pack. Here is a peek at some of their bust shots (each character has 8 busts and 8 faces for emotions):

1979985_412176735594040_1789518756_o.jpg

Slasherzeta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All I was looking for was something akin to the equipment Icons you have. What I was and will still try to do is match that pattern, so the blue background, I was going to use one of the shield sprites which looked close to a mystical, kinda demonic brand (there's three that look the same, just different colours, the one I wanted is the 4th one from the right end of the shield line.) with the word Brand over it in a matching text.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I spent some time and came up with a bunch of new icons, as well as a lot more elements for people to make their own icons with by layering the images in GIMP, Photoshop, or whatever other image editing program. Hope they help!

1008980.png

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for expanding the iconset, it will be extremely useful.

Will there be any Steampunk guards or soldiers in the pack?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Test game. Find something broken. Fix. Re-test game. Broken thing fixed but new thing broken that wasn't before. What?!?! Uhg! :kaoangry:
I watched this youtube video of this reporter that went to a Flat Earth Conference. And there was just a whole lot of stupid in one room.
What?! You want 2 more hours of a playthrough? Well you got it! Come hang out with us while we dive even deeper into the awesome game Kindred Novel by BirdBunch! :LZSjoy:
Well, shoot. I didn't mean for the title screen to be there in my previous post.
Can everyone here just forget about that until I'm actually ready to formally announce it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhanalka