RMVXA Pirate Rpg: Bloodbeard's Revenge

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by captainhellfireband, Feb 9, 2018.

1. captainhellfireband

captainhellfireband Villager Member

First Language:
    English(pirate)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ahoy shipmates! Here be a wee look into me game, Captain Hellfire and The Wretched Brethren: Bloodbeard's Revenge. She be a pirate rpg, set on a ship and later a cursed island. I've been slaving away on 'er for about 4 years or so now (and also running a pirate band, hence the long development time).

The first chapter is lookin' to be released along with our first EP in the next few months so strike yer colours and prepare to be boarded!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Synopsis - You play as Bloodbeard, the deranged quartermaster aboard Captain Hellfire's flagship, The Devil's Revenge. Overloaded with gold and jewels the crew finds themselves on the final leg of the treacherous voyage home. But the rum is gone and mutiny waits in the wings, and what in the blazes is going on with that mysterious treasure chest, overladen with vines and drawing evermore ravenous beasties from the depths?

With a combo based 3rd person battle system using state of the art (circa 1990) digitised graphics, and a top down perspective view for exploration, you'll tackle fiendish puzzles, bloodthirsty enemies and the most formidable opponent of all... Yourself!

Climb aboard and sail the blackened seas as the scoundrel entrusted to keep Captain Hellfire's scurvy crew under control, the legendary Bloodbeard! Truly this is a voyage not to be missed! Yarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This be me first game ever and I couldn't have done it without the help o the lot of ye that have developed such a great forum with answers to all the questions a pirate would ever have, and also most importantly the script writers who have created such brilliant code and asked fer nothing more than their name being respected, feared and whispered in the dark corners of taverns in hushed awe (or failing that at least appearing in the games credits.....)

Would be much obliged to hear yer thoughts on the screenshots and the game when she be released! Thankin' the lot of ye , shipmates ;)

Attached Files:

2. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bloodbeard, Captain Hellfire, the Devil's Revenge - can't get anymore Metal than that. :D

The screenshots are looking great! They do look fairly cluttered, however. There's so many huds and icons on every scene. Though, I probably feel this way because I have no idea what any of them are for. I really like the lighting effects, though. :)

captainhellfireband likes this.
  3. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Haha this is funny :p i like this game.
    To tell the true the game look kinda unique & pretty to me (7/10)

4. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hahahahaha!!! Wow!!

5. captainhellfireband

First Language:
    English(pirate)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank ye matey! Aye, there be a lot to keep track of. Nobody said the life of a pirate were easy!
    But it's all fairly simple once ye get yer head around it. I've implemented a combo system, so once yer attack lands a prompt comes up to input the combo, Succeed in that and you land another attack. It be a wee bit like the Mario RPG system mixed with a fighting game. Access to special moves are built up by filling yer TP meter by using yer basic attack.
    You've got an EX meter that builds up over the battle and when full will give you one of your most powerful moves for free, no loss of TP or MP and no button input. Plus a bonus meter that when built up gives you 2x attack, defense or treasure if you defeat yer enemy in time. That's most of yer meterage there, and it's all fairly useful to keep track of as yer carve up your enemies! :D

The Stranger likes this.
  6. captainhellfireband

First Language:
    English(pirate)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Here be the trailer for the game mateys (She be a bit old, but you get the idea!)

Milk Bar Prophet and Fernyfer775 like this.
  7. Milk Bar Prophet

Milk Bar Prophet MBP Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Shiver me timbers, tis' looks like the boat for me! If there ever was a RPG Maker project with a potential to be a cult game, then this must be the one :rock-left:B):rock-right: These state of the art 90s style digitised graphics send me back to my childhood, the days of reckless pirating :beard:thumbsup-right: What a novel idea. Full speed ahead captain, good luck!

8. OnslaughtSupply

OnslaughtSupply Ssshhh... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This game looks like it will be pure fun! Too many times we set off to make a game about xyz that many of us forget it is supposed to be about the fun. Kudos to you! Looks like a job well done.

9. captainhellfireband

First Language:
    English(pirate)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanking ye for the kind words mateys! Will be sure to post updates from time to time, if there not be too many shipwrecks or mutinies befalling me then we should be looking at a release of chapter 1 in the next few months! April or May be the goal. If any of you scurvy lot have some good ideas of of where it be best to promote me wares, be sure to let a pirate know! ;)

10. captainhellfireband

First Language:
    English(pirate)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ahoy mateys! Sorry for not keeping updates on this post, but the game is finished! check it out here at itch.io.

Milk Bar Prophet and KayZaman like this.
  11. Kwerty

Kwerty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice job - original and fun!

Your initial post could do with some love though - get some Screenshots up there and I'm sure this title will get alot more attention!

12. captainhellfireband

First Language:
    English(pirate)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks shipmate! There are already some screenshots at the bottom of the post. Is that not the way its usually done?