Pirate Ship Tileset Compatibility

Discussion in 'Resource Support' started by Arvarion_Augdirian, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Arvarion_Augdirian

Arvarion_Augdirian Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi all,

My first post on the site so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. 

I was looking at getting the Pirate Ship Tileset and the Khas Ultra Lighting Resource 

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/pirate-ship-tile-pack

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/other-resources/khas-ultra-lighting

I'm using MV, put the page says optimized for VX ACE, does that mean it just works better with VX ACE or is only for VX AC? It's a bit confusing as I would have thought it would have said "compatible with". 

Anyway, if it's not compatible does anyone know any versions of these that are made for MV of if anyone is working on them? I've had a dig around but I can't find much other than VX ACE stuff. 

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    MV uses 150% Ace sized pictures. So you'll have to resize the Ace resources in your image program.

However, resizing by 150% may damage picture quality depending on the mathematical formula used for resizing - you have to decide for yourself if the results are a good enough fit or not.

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

EDIT: Scripts for Ace are completely incompatible, you can't use the lighting script for Ace in MV

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  3. Arvarion_Augdirian

Arvarion_Augdirian Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Ahh dayum, I haven't had much experience resizing the resources, probably try to see if there are any other alternatives. Thanks for the reply!  :)

4. wolfpak692

wolfpak692 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Khas Ultra Lighting uses a script that is for VX Ace, so wont work for MV...  I have the Pirate ship and resized it for VX Ace, I was not happy with the results...