Magixe

(∩ᄑ_ᄑ)⊃━☆゚*・。*・:≡( ε:)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there everyone! I'm going to use this topic to show my pixel art (practice or actual stuff). Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Anyway, to the stuffs!

1. Me-things

Okay, so this is just practice. I'm using one of my bases to make me doing a bunch of stuffs. So first: A winking animation!!!!

Winking.gif

Next, me putting my arms into my pockets or behind my back!

Handthing.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Acolyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
First off, I'm glad you're trying pixel art! Many people get too intimidated to even try, so kudos to you for putting yourself out there. That being said, I think you should work on getting the basics down first. I suggest So You Want to Be a Pixel Artist. It's a very good, fairly straightforward runthrough of some of the most common beginner mistakes.

Melimeli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
The winking animation is very cute, although I don't know what's going on with his hair ^^;

Magixe

(∩ᄑ_ᄑ)⊃━☆゚*・。*・:≡( ε:)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The winking animation is very cute, although I don't know what's going on with his hair ^^;

-(6_6)- Ooh, you're right. I'll fix the shading in the next picture. But yeah, my hair is actually blue -(O3O)-.

Ok, next animation! On this I fixed the hair, and it's supposed to be a troll/derp/who me? face.

Derpderp.gif

Acolyte

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's still not really any definition to the hair. Have you tried looking at hairstyle references?

Edit: I'm one of those people who learns better by example, so I thought you might benefit from my take on the hair.

Uj8ZqgJ.png

I assumed you were going for a spiky sort of look? I tried to keep it as close to the original shape as possible. It's not exactly perfect, but maybe it gives you a few ideas?

I also tweaked the colors a lot. A good rule of thumb is never go near 100% saturation. Also, if you can't tell where certain colors begin or end when you zoom out, you definitely need more contrast.

Edit2: Came back and did more edits because I felt like I didn't do the hair justice. Then somewhere along the way they became a bloopersaiyan.

OLqiNId.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unit435