Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Indeed, there needs to be a larger preview for all of them in the first round.

cosmickitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
might be asking too much, but I'd also like to see an animated preview, since they won't be used statically in the end matters how they animate

dw817

◈ Senior Games Programmer ◈
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
might be asking too much, but I'd also like to see an animated preview, since they won't be used statically in the end matters how they animate
Perhaps both static and animated, if possible. Turning multiple images into an animated .GIF is a bit of work for some ...

BILL_NYE_THO

The Science Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah I don't even know how to do that.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I don't even know how to do that.
It's really not too hard. ;) I use GIMP and that let's me export layers as gif files. :)

I'm just unsure which frames to use... VXAce uses a certain pattern for walking.

Does it just repeat frames 1 & 3 (I really should know this by now, lol), then when stopped it displays frame 2?

Last edited by a moderator:

gpgekko

Nevermind me, I'll just cast shadows on your walls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Or everyone who wants to see them animated can just grab the spritesheets, import them in an empty project and see for themselves how they animate... That's what I did anyway, wasn't all that much work. :p

themo

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
New rules: all submissions must be in gif, jpeg, png ... actual size, 2x and 10x and accompanied by a fully developed game environment and/or a 60min+ animation depicting the evolution of dance? :p

gpgekko

Nevermind me, I'll just cast shadows on your walls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
New rules: all submissions must be in gif, jpeg, png ... actual size, 2x and 10x and accompanied by a fully developed game environment and/or a 60min+ animation depicting the evolution of dance? :p
The following is a joke and should not be taken seriously.

Nah, but all submissions have to be written in binary code by hand. All submissions using predefined binary code (for example by means of using a graphic program) will have to be tagged as such and the used code listed (note, not only the used program but also all pieces of code generated by that program that made its way into the file). We will call it Bit Madness and it will be awesome and fair for everyone!

Sorry, I've been wanting to make this comment ever since the first post discussing frankensprites, but figured I'd better wait till it all settled down a bit. If anyone feels it's to early to make jokes about it yet, I'll remove it. 
This quest better be worth it.
Ralph, save us~ *gives a magic mouse to aid him in his quest* A recent demographic survey showed that there are quite a few ladies on this forum who's hearts you could conquer with your actions~ :p  (and by the overused classical storywriting standards, this makes your quest worth it)

Now a bit more seriously: I do think a bigger version of the spritesheet (along with the normal one) would be a good thing. The animated seems unnecessary to me though.

dw817

◈ Senior Games Programmer ◈
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When is judgment day ?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Tomorrow. According to the new Full Schedule.

BILL_NYE_THO

The Science Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wait, he's banned? What happened? Also... does that mess up the bracket?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BILL_NYE_THO you really need to stop asking why people are getting banned. This matter does not concern you.

BILL_NYE_THO

The Science Guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry, didn't know there was a rule against it. I figured out on my own anyway, I apologize.

Edit: I mostly just wanted to know if it messed up the bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My smaller game will revolve around a single character who recruits monsters for the main story quest. Like me, he will have no social life and be hesitant to go outside. Heheh.
Waah!!
I finally got the outline for Mocha Gaze... so happy.
I hope I can get around to writing it this weekend. We'll see...
I spent the whole day creating and finishing around 12 skills and fixing 2 others... and 3 of them are still buggy... *sigh* only like 20 more skills to go!
I don't know why you should be reading this, but I doubt you're going to find anything useful here.
so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBoss84