Pixel Maker MV category?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by MaGicBush, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaGicBush

MaGicBush Game Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So are you guys going to add a subsection for Pixel Maker MV? It is made by you guys right? Or is it not? It has MV in the name like RPG Maker MV so I find it slightly confusing why it's not on this site at all? The advertising seems similar as well. The only forums I can find for it are Steam, and they don't seem to active. Having help and posts from this community would help it out I feel. It could use a tutorial section, releases, and the like.

Also can you use any assets/dlc from RPG Maker MV on it?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    bazrat likes this.
  2. PaladinJessa

PaladinJessa Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's not one of their products iirc. No support for it here. I'd check for a subreddit or Discord.

Also pretty sure you cant use RPG Maker rtp in it, but for DLC resource packs you'll have to check their terms of service.

3. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah these RM forums and website from what I can tell are actually RM's publisher Deciga, which is not the publisher of PGMMV. They are both developed by Kadowaka but PGMMV is published by Playism.

Their current community is very very small, which is sad cause the engine is actually not that bad with the latest updates. So far I've found most success with the steam forum and the unofficial discord servers:

https://discord.gg/4wnWJWn
    https://discord.gg/ySJNgzb

They have another unofficial forum through one of the discords https://pgmmvforums.forumotion.com/, but it's pretty new, a little rough looking, and very little posting activity. I'm worried because I want the engine to succeed! Having spent a couple weeks prototyping various things, it really is the next level RM for those interested in platformer or zelda likes.

One thing that I've been bringing up in the PGMMV community is that most peoples help is being received in the discords themselves which does not leave much documentation out there to search from online. So I've been posting more in the steam forums for now until a more used forum surfaces. I'd love to start making tutorials and stuff for it, but I'm still learning it myself xD

Also you can use any RM rtp in PGMMV. They have a sample game with Harold and an official plugin that gets RMMV tilesets to work in PGM without having to change anything! They are even planning to be able to export to the switch next year. We will wait and see on that, but hopefully it works out.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    MaGicBush likes this.
  4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That doesn't mean you can use the MV RTP in it.

5. MaGicBush

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So we have conflicting reports here lol. It would be great if an official staff member could clear this up on the RTP resources. Though if they have an official tool to use those assets it sounds like we can. With the dlc's as PaladinJessa said I am sure it is dependent on what it's ToS says, or I would need to contact that artist to clarify.

I don't get why they went with a different publisher/developer it seems strange, and they are not advertising much for it. Maybe Degica's load would be to much? I just learned about it, and will probably get it soon after playing a game from it and trying the benchmark test on Playism's site. Hopefully a good site will pop up we can post to, because as Bazrat said Discord does not save discussions. Any help through those is lost to anyone not on at the time. It's good for quick help, but it's also good to have documentation for those that come along later with the same questions.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    bazrat likes this.
  6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yeah we honestly know zilch about Pixel Maker, including what can and can't be used in them. You'd have to ask around more, but best to assume that you can't use RPGMaker RTP in them, as the publisher can get different rights than you can.

No idea though why they used the MV name, as that honestly causes name branding confusion. At least that is my $0.02 on it.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.
  7. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yup, got a thread on Playism steam forum asking for a more official response, hopefully we can get more clarity https://steamcommunity.com/app/837510/discussions/0/1631917609748502797/

8. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just got word from the PGMMV official steam forums by one of the developers PixCube. This is about what RM assets are usable in PGMMV:

"Originally posted by PixCube:
    Hello!

Actually it is not an easy "yes-no" situation, it depends on each asset's license agreement.

If the user has RPG Maker, the user can export the base assets included in the RTP as OGG or PNG files.
    Since they are developed by Kadokawa, they are Kadokawa assets and thus acceptable to use with Pixel Game Maker MV.

Non-Kadokawa developed assets do not have a yes or no answer.
    Whether or not a non-Kadokawa asset can be used is dependent explicitly on the license agreement attached to that asset.
    Assets developed by other publishers are probably off-limits, but assets distributed on itch.io are usually safe to use."

https://steamcommunity.com/app/837510/discussions/0/1631917609748502797/#c3175526477750653859

MaGicBush likes this.
  9. MaGicBush

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright good to hear! I figured the DLC was a hit or miss based on what that artist says. I will be grabbing Pixel Maker eventually then.

bazrat likes this.
  10. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped... Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MaGicBush
    Pixel game maker MV is nice, but don’t mistake it for another RPG maker. Because it’s more confusing and hard to get into, but also more powerful.

An ”RM power user” might feel right at home as you’re more or less required to event everything from the basic movement to your games menu’s. It’s not like RM where you can make a working game in 5 minutes, but it’s also not as complex or difficult as coding everything yourself would be.

I tried it out, Iiked it, and my next game will be made in PGMMV. But it honestly has more in common with Game Maker Studio than RPG Maker. It’s not for everyone.

MaGicBush and bazrat like this.
  11. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The official tkool site has a guidelines page here:

https://tkool.jp/support/guideline

Which gives official permission to cross-use bundled assets from anything on the list in any other piece of software on the list. As far as I can tell that's basically everything(except for a few rpgmaker sample games which get called out as exceptions later on). It's nice to have a big comprehensive list, though, since that way we don't have to go through piecemeal.

Pixel maker MV is 『アクションゲームツクールMV』 in Japanese - google translate calls it 'action game maker mv'.

bazrat likes this.
  12. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Pixel Maker is not an engine published by Degica and as this is the official site for them, we are subject to more laws than a fan site is. Also we do not support this engine.

I am therefore closing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.