Pixel Movement Compatible ABS?

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
I'm using Victor engine's pixel movement script, and moving platform script. I'm wondering if any of the ABS scripts, that currently exist for VX Ace, would be compatible with this script. A while back I tried using one (I think it was Falcao Pearl ABS, hope that's the right name for it.), but unless you were lined up with the enemies exactly you couldn't make contact. I was making a test enemy, and everything worked great, but I moved and came at him from a different direction and nothing hit him. I moved over a couple pixels and I started making contact again. Would any of the other ABS work with pixel movement scripts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No, they wouldn't, not with that pixel movement script at least.

If I remember right, Khas' ABS got it's own pixel movement system, and maybe XAS (or was it SAS?) ABS got a pixel movement as well. Well, at least one of these got a working pixel movement system, that's for sure. 

If you are not planning on using the hookshot and boomerang features in Falcao's ABS, I made a partial compatibility edit for Victor's pixel movement system, but the mentioned tools will not work at all. I didn't have time to make those work, nor the mood to do it (that is one weird piece of code to work with o.o).

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
That would work, I didn't really have plans to use either of those. Where can I find it?

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I had to dig it up from the depths of my PC, but here it is:

http://pastebin.com/6KirLyM9

I did not test it for every possibilities, so if you find a bug with something, let me know. Can't guarantee any quick fix, but when I get some time, I will try to look at it.

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Do I need to credit anyone else besides you?

Edit: I see that its an add on not an edit to his script. Thanks for the help I'll see if this works.

Edit: For some reason whenever I try to download the demo for the Falcao pearl ABS Liquid V3, my computer say the file has a virus and then deletes it. I followed the link from his site. Do you happen to have a copy of the script that I can just copy and paste into RPG Maker? Sorry for all your trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, it's an addon, not an edited script. 

That's weird, I just downloaded it using that link (from mediafire) and it has no virus in it (I scanned it with ESET, both the rar file, the exe file, and the uncompressed files) .

Which anti-virus are you using? I guess, it gives you a false positive.

I would rather not upload Falcao's scripts directly anywhere, more so because the ABS is not just one script, it's 9 (or more with some optional addons).

The demo Falcao uploaded is virus-free, I downloaded it several times since he uploaded it, and I got no alerts at all.

This is the direct link where I got it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5046w6b7wg6i2ud/Falcao+Pearl+ABS+Liquid+V3.zip

The Prince of Sarcasm

Prince of sarcasm
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
The download worked. I don't know what was different. Thanks so Much. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keyboardjockey