Super Sand Legend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all,

So I've had Altimit pixel movement in my current project for a while. It's pretty good. However now I'm trying to use Galv's plugins to get more animation frames along with diagonal walk/run animations. It's clear there's some incompatibility going on as the character mostly uses the idle animation when moving (the diagonals seem to work).

Does anyone know a way to get these to co-operate? Or another combo of plugins to allow the same functions? I tried some other pixel movement plugins (including Galv's) but they all seem to have problems, like disabling mouse movement. Or one needed an added fix from another plugin maker but the link is dead. Maybe there's an animation plugin set like Galv's that DOES work with Altimit? Ahhhh!

It's heartbreaking because I put together some spritesheets with RPGTools and they look pretty good when I disable Altimit (I just need some adjustments to the sprite sheet to be 100%).

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
It's a tough combination to make all work.
If you are having trouble with these plugins, maybe you could try looking on the Japanese side.
I know unagiootoro has a pixel movement that is really good and it's still being updated.
And maybe you can find the other ones in the Japanese community too. Or even make the Galv ones work with the Japanese ones.

woootbm

Super Sand Legend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I don't mind where it comes from if it works (and doesn't do something stupid like turn off mouse support). But does this person have a website or itch or something? Twitter is a massive pain to delve through.

woootbm

Super Sand Legend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so after digging around the Github it looks like the plugin is called Half Move:

At least this is for MV. I'm using MV, so I went looking through those and not MZ.

Not quite as powerful as pixel movement. It just allows the player to move in half squares rather than full squares, so it definitely feels better than the default.

The good news is that it appears to be compatible with all of Galv's movement animation plugins.

The bad news is I now need to figure out how to create pretty collision like Altimit let me do. This might only let me create half boxes (Altimit lets you make circles and angles of any degree) so I'll have to see what I can manage.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, so after digging around the Github it looks like the plugin is called Half Move:

At least this is for MV. I'm using MV, so I went looking through those and not MZ.

Not quite as powerful as pixel movement. It just allows the player to move in half squares rather than full squares, so it definitely feels better than the default.

The good news is that it appears to be compatible with all of Galv's movement animation plugins.

The bad news is I now need to figure out how to create pretty collision like Altimit let me do. This might only let me create half boxes (Altimit lets you make circles and angles of any degree) so I'll have to see what I can manage.
The Half Move is from Triacontane and it is not exactly a pixel movement.
This is the Pixel movement from unagiotoroo that I was talking about:

[EDIT] And it appears to have a kind of character frames plugin too, that adds diagonal movement and also extra frames per direction:

woootbm

Super Sand Legend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welp, the pixel movement is not compatible with Galv. And the collision seems kind of buggy.

So I switched out Galv for this CharacterMoveEx. It is pretty buggy. Character blinks when changing spritesheets, uses the idle animation when doing mouse move, and doesn't always change from walk to run when running.

I'm not sure if these were meant to be compatible with MV.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welp, the pixel movement is not compatible with Galv. And the collision seems kind of buggy.

So I switched out Galv for this CharacterMoveEx. It is pretty buggy. Character blinks when changing spritesheets, uses the idle animation when doing mouse move, and doesn't always change from walk to run when running.

I'm not sure if these were meant to be compatible with MV.
Did you test it on a clean project? Meaning only the pixel movement and character move ex?
In my experience, on MV and MZ, they worked fine with all my plugins, when they are above them.
So maybe it's another compatibility problem. As I said, this is a tough combination to make work properly.

woootbm

Super Sand Legend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just tried that now. I didn't think it would be an issue since I had isolated every plugin related to locomotion. But you're right. You never know.

Same issues. The blinking thing, honestly, seems like a design oversight. CharacterMoveEx uses multiple sprite sheets, while Galv uses one. Calling a single spritesheet is generally cleaner, especially with something as the outdated ways RPGM seems to be built. The problems with mouse move... seems like a lot of similar plugins I've seen avoid using the mouse, so maybe this person ran into similar issues. I can't explain why it doesn't switch between running and walking more reliably.

The good news is that I've realized that Altimit actually works with 2/3 of the Galv plugins; I was overreacting. As Meat Loaf says, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. But that's something I'll only go with if I can't get a better solution. Maybe there's another set of plugins for character animations out there. Hmmm...

woootbm

Super Sand Legend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to update for the sake of posterity, I guess. 1 of those Galv plugins has other compatibility issues with Altimit I've discovered upon further testing:

1. Moving diagonally with the keyboard moves a whole tile. EG, not pixel movement.
2. Moving diagonally using the mouse does not use the diagonal animations.
3. Moving diagonally allows you to move through collision built using Events (Altimit's collision).

After some digging and thinking, it seems like Altimit is the best option for pixel movement: it feels the best, has the least buggy interactions, and its collision mapping is unbeatable. So I think I will focus on finding replacement animation plugins instead. Or maybe leave it for now and see if I can commission a programmer to figure out a fix.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

working on an A/V sync system for my game! was NOT expecting the first roadblock to be accessing a variable from a public class!! Computers are so finicky sometimes :kaosigh:
For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hahah520