Pixel Myth: Germania, JSM Party Themes & The Adventurer's Journey 3

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Hailren

Hailren Title Screen Master. Rpg Maker Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Congrats to all the people who worked hard on new packs. I hope good fortune comes your way :D

As for the contest:

I would have to say my favorite hero in Rpg would have to be.
    The Persona 3 protagonist from Persona 3 game. 

To me what made him a good hero is how you had to make friends and build relationships with party members to become stronger. And what really made him a great hero (Spoiler) is how he was self sacrificial. Giving his very life to save the world. I think doing what it takes for the well being of others is a admirable quality in a hero.

[​IMG]plus he looks awesome   :D  

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
    Cecillia and Blodeuyn like this.
  2. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is gorgeous, I love those tiles!

My favorite RPG hero? Hmm, I honestly dont have a long history with rpg games, but I can say that I absolutely love the entire character behind Revan in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. He was once one of the most powerful force users in the entire galaxy, and even more one of the greatest sith lords/masters to ever terrorize the universe. But what made him so likable was that he fell hard from his throne after his betrayal at the hands of his old apprentice, and then had to rise through the ranks yet again, this time overcoming his dark ambitions and becoming a jedi master like none other really only bested by old Luke Skywalker, but MUCH later on). His story of wielding the ultimate power, seemingly unstoppable, and then being tossed into mediocrity, only to climb the ladder yet again and overcome his evils made for an amazing experience that will always be my favorite rpg game of all time.

3. Pink Peach

Pink Peach The only one Member

First Language:
    English
    I would have to say that my favorite hero would be Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy 7. Why? Because she's strong, but is still understanding. I also love how she keeps on moving forward even when Cloud gets depressed, she pushes him to keep moving forward and to not give up.

4. Cecillia

Cecillia Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My favorite heroine would have to be

[​IMG]

Zero from Drakengard 3/Drag-On Dragoon 3. I absolutely adore how different she is from female protagonists, especially since she's written as a deconstruction of one. Her beautiful design, believable tragic backstory, upbringing, entertaining dialogue, and ability to fight is what makes me love her. She doesn't let anybody stop her, no matter what, and she keeps moving onward so that she can complete her task despite all the misery she endures. From her incredible introduction to her bittersweet end, this character to me is one that definitely has been written in my heart and one I shed many tears for. I thank Yoko Taro for writing incredible and quirky characters.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
  5. Mage Heart

Mage Heart Level 50 Bard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    My favorite hero is Yuna from Final Fantasy X/X-2.

In X-2 she says "We can't just keep winning by losing." I have admired that she had the courage to try and solve a problem a better way even if it meant risking her own life.

I feel in both games she had real emotions, which makes her feel real enough to connect too. Not too make her out to be sappy though, she also has her moments of awesome.

She has taught me to stand up for what I believe in.

Hailren likes this.
  6. Deceius

Deceius The Vintage Tiger Cub Veteran

First Language:
    Taglish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Erm, my favorite RPG Hero? It is....

VIVI! yeah, the black mage of all time!

Back in the days, when I'm watching my friends play ff9, I saw him as a lame and weak kind of RPG hero. Years later,  when the time came when I was the one playing, I saw him as an incredible and awesome character. 

I admired him because even if he knew that he's got a shorter time to live, and even if he's small, he is determined to fight alongside with his friends.

And through him, I learned that no matter how small or how afraid you are, you must fight, be happy and live until your time runs out. :)

Deleted, EternalShadow and Dalph like this.
  7. Hailren

Hailren Title Screen Master. Rpg Maker Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Loved Yuna in the first game X-2 not so much I think it was the battles system and how Yuna was more bold in that game. But cool choice she is a good one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  8. RaZzi

RaZzi My Peculiar Brother Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Breath of Fire 3 - Garr. 

Because he is a badass dragon.

[​IMG]

ShinGamix likes this.
  9. Belmont

Belmont Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Oh this is fantastic! I'll participate.

My favorite RPG hero is:

Ramza Beoulve from Final Fantasy Tactics: The war of the lions.
    [​IMG](beware, minor spoilers :p )

What I like the most about him is the way he changes his personality and developes his character, starting from being a noble knight that only cares about his house, to a hero that defends what's right and just for everyone.
    At first his motivations to fight and defend others are only based on his intentions of honoring his family name, all he cares about are his personal goals. However, as some important events happen along the story, he changes his ways and becomes a selfless hero that stands to help people overcome injustice. He even says that he doesn't want to change the world for a few, while others suffer. As the story progresses, Ramza learns that a name doesn't mean a thing if injustice must be used to keep it. He mantains that belief even when branded a heretic by the church.
    Sorry for my bad English u^^

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  10. Diego2112

Diego2112 The Gaming Gamer Who Games Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Favorite RPG Hero and why...  It's a tossup between Ryudo from Grandia II and Vyse from Skies of Arcadia.

With Ryudo, I like how blunt he is.  You always know where you stand with him.  He's also got that whole "I'm a bad@$$" thing going on, but as the game progresses, he softens into a character you can really relate to.  PARTICULARLY after the whole thing with (SPOILER) goes down.  That part gets me every single time.  His character arc is one few RPGs have been able to touch, and it is why Grandia II is one of the greatest RPGs ever made (in my opinion).

As far as Vyse goes, first off, he's got a rockin' awesome job-he's a SKY PIRATE.  That appeals to my sense of Steampunk like nobody's business.  Secondly, his sense of honor and duty, despite being a pirate, set him apart from those made popular in recent years.  And finally, the way he holds his swords just makes me smile.  I've designed a sword for an OC similar to what he uses.  Vyse also has the whole "Trying to make a name for himself" in a world where he gets next to no respect.  And it was one of the first games I played where the character's choices had consequences!  That was epic.

So you see why I can't pick between them...  They are both epic beyond words, and when people ask me about RPG heroes, they're always the first.  *Nods*

Dear (Insert Deity(s) of Choice here) I hope I win!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  11. zachfoss

zachfoss Mango Veteran

First Language:
    Alien
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    My top favorite RPG hero is: Zack Fair from Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Here's the reason why:

Now, play this song when you are reading this post. Lolol.

[​IMG]

Back when Zack was younger and the days were happier.

Zack Fair is the one character that sow deep into my heart. The one and only hero that ever make me respect him just so much. Don't get me wrong, I like Cloud as much too.

In short he is bubbly, charming, righteous and a hero that never loose sight. No matter what happens, he will charge on bravely. Never, has he once regret on the thing he had decided on neither did he blame anyone for things that happened. All he knows is that he has to do what he has to do. There are no point dwelling in the past and forget about the love ones in front of you.

Zack is polite to everyone, “brimming with kindness,” including the kid Yuffie who was trying to steal his stuff, and would go in great lengths to keep her safe. He’s fun, flirty (though apparently, not really a good one at it) and sometimes annoyingly energetic and loud. As time goes on, his happy life went downhill. He never gave up, no matter what the consequences are.

And this is what I love about Zack the most: His story wasn’t about saving the world, it’s just about a boy who grew into a man, who despite losing everything- his friends, fame, prestige, freedom and his love. Zack kept fighting until he finally loses his own life to save one friend. When all had forgotten him, this friend of his not only is the proof that Zack Fair lived, but is also the greatest hero the world has known.

I'll never forget his last words.

“My honor... My dreams... They're yours now. You'll be... My living legacy.”

Cecillia and Jonnie91 like this.
  12. poorrabbit

poorrabbit Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Sharm - those tiles are amazing. I plan to get them soon.

Any chance the tiles and music will be on Steam anytime soon?

13. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Soon-ish, yes. I don't have an exact date, however. :)

Keep in mind that Steam versions don't give the awesome Member+ discount, however. :D

14. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    When's the draw? o.o

15. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Winners have been posted in the first post.

Congrats to everyone! :)

16. Juunanagou

Juunanagou Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    awww didn't win. Oh well, maybe I'll be luckier next time XD Congrats to the winners :D

17. Deleted

Deleted The Champion of Uncertainty :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well done to all the winners.

But I still believe Zidane is the best RPG Hero. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    EternalShadow likes this.
  18. Diego2112

Diego2112 The Gaming Gamer Who Games Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    First off, I agree, well done winners!  I'm quite jelly of you all! ;)

Second, no.  Zidane is not.  Ryudo or Vyse.

I invoke the law of the internet that says that since I say you're wrong, you're wrong! (I'm kidding, this is a light-hearted joke, and should be taken as such-I mean no offence)

19. Mage Heart

Mage Heart Level 50 Bard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh, this is awesome. Thank you.

20. frrrosty

frrrosty Spiteful Crow Member

First Language:
    English
    Aw, boo :p

congrats to the winners :)