Pixel Myth

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I too look forward to more content for this series :) I just love pixel art and this pack is one of my favorite packs, but trust me I understand the burning out thing all too well as I do it to myself too often. So please by all means pace yourself.

I just want to say.. a few years ago there weren't all these resource packs you could buy. You either did stuff yourself or you paid someone a butt load of money to make things for you. But having the store resources are still a pretty new thing. But they are sooooo great! The prices are so cheap because it's distributed over so many folks. The quality of some many of the resources are just great. I try to do my part in helping folks out with scripts and such.. but I can't really do graphics that well. So my hats off to all you folks that have that talent and then share it with the rest of us.

I think a small disclaimer for the photos will probably make it easier. I know how confusing it can be to the new folks to RPG Maker. I also remember the first few new tilesets I tried out.. I also tried to recreate the sample maps so i could learn from them. On the other hand, I like the parallaxed maps because they give me more ideas about things to do/try out :) I wish some of the tile set packs had more sample maps for viewing before purchasing.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for all the support everyone. I overreacted a bit, I'm sorry. I'd been hearing from people elsewhere about "missing tiles" and feeling cheated and it hit a nerve I guess. I really want Germania to be a beautiful and useful set and I'm making more tiles because now that it's been out for a while and I've gotten more feedback I have a better idea of what it needs to be at it's full potential. I'm not doing it because I feel I have to. And yes, many of the new things will be parallax tiles, it'll be much faster and fit better that way. Otherwise I'd be matching different roofs and walls forever.

@Deathswallow: Ha, sorry, there's no sprites yet, that was a Cluly addition, since I think that's a map from his game.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Thanks for all the support everyone. I overreacted a bit, I'm sorry. I'd been hearing from people elsewhere about "missing tiles" and feeling cheated and it hit a nerve I guess. 
People are never satisfied. They said the same thing about DS/DS+/Luna so don't worry Sharm ;^; *hugs*

I do love this set and can't wait for more expansions!

Last edited by a moderator:

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Another point of encouragement:

Even though complaints can really be annoying, at the very least it means people are using your product and care enough about it that they want to continue using it but hit a roadblock.

In my current job, the customer always has big and small issues with our products.  But, we all agree this is good.  It means they're actually using the products they paid for.  Which is why they come back to purchase more products from us --- despite the (many) issues, they like them enough to pay for more.   But we very rarely hear customers praise how good the products are.  We just hear the complaints.

I'm afraid it's part of human nature.  It's sort of like how, for a celebrity, the worst possible thing is to be ignored.  While I'm sure they don't like bad publicity, it's better than them fading into oblivion.  Granted, as an artist it's not exactly the same, but the same principle applies.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I wouldn't have bought the pack if I wouldn't have liked the look. Overall I really like the pack and I would buy more packs in this style. I still think, in general (for all resource packs, not just pixel myth) that parallax maps, especially parallax maps with specially made tiles for those maps, could be confusing for potential buyers, because you have no way of knowing what you have to maybe edit yourself to recreate or what is already ready-to-use included. Because of this, my personal preference are maps made with RPG Maker for store pack advertisements. But, please, don't let that stop you from making beautiful parallax maps for the packs (although I like the suggestion of marking the parallax maps). I'm sorry, if I upset people with my feedback.

I hope, it didn't come accross like I demanded those edited tiles from the parallax map. This was in no way the case. I really appreciate any addition for the pack and thought it would be something maybe for a Pixel Myth+ store pack.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have just got the pack, and want to say how incredibly impressed I am with it.  The quality is A Star.

It will be a long while before I finish my current project and so I can't put it to use yet - I'm one of those people that can really only carry forward one project at a time - but once this game is out of the way, I may well be using this for the next one.

Thank you for all the work and creativity that has so obviously gone into this.  I wish I had even a quarter of your talent.

Great stuff.

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My initial impression and encouragement stands.  I wouldn't have written such a huge and in-depth review if I didn't support the material.  People just get excited and want more, but they don't always communicate that in a positive fashion.  I won't blame age, or social graces it's simply a human thing.  

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, umm, if you're still taking suggestions - only because you asked - I would love some exterior stone steps. And I will just reiterate, I personally would be happy to pay for these new tiles as an expansion pack.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I would love to see a Pixel Myth Sprite Pack, since it doesn't really work with the Chibi 32x32 sprites.  And I would also look forward to any other Pixel Myth packs anyways.  As it is, I try to "borrow" the XP sprites (since I've also purchased RPG Maker XP) to use with this tileset.

Seeing how much effort it takes just to do my very simple tileset (although it is a fun process, very gratifying to see the visual results immediately), makes me even more amazed at the quality of the tilesets made by the skilled artists here.   A mere $30 or so is worth every penny for an attractive non-RTP look for your game.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mlogan: Do you mean different from the inside ones or do you just want some on the outside sheet? Either way, it's on the list.

Whitesphere: XP sprites work just fine until I get that sprite pack finished. I think I'm done with the bases. Again. We'll see if it sticks this time, I don't have a lot of practice with sprites so it's really slow and fiddly to get something I'm satisfied with. Glad I'm making stuff that you're looking forward to! Tilesets are a lot harder than they seem at first, but your right, it's fun. Thank you and good luck with yours!

Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll just pitch in and say that I'd gladly pay for the new additions as an addon/side pack to the core Pixel Myth pack :)

But please take your time, because I want to make something with this pack and I really shouldn't before I'm done with my current project. And more stuff would make it much harder to wait... :D

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh I missed the ones on the interior A5 - didn't think to look there since I was doing an interior, but those are what I was thinking of.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You mean with the corners rounded?  That's what many of the A5 tiles are for, to place over the auto tile corners and make them less square.  Be sure to hold shift as you place them so that the autotiles don't remap and mess things up.

TheBardKen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I bought and setup the Pixel Myth Germania pack but I noticed that I'm missing tiles as well. Specifically the legs to the chairs in the E tileset. I have the tables+chair combo, but no legs tiles, and I can see them in the screenshot. Am I missing something?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you are supposed to use the legs from sheet B. Sheet D just gives different table setting options.

TheBardKen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think you are supposed to use the legs from sheet B. Sheet D just gives different table setting options.
Yup I found it. I'll have to use events to do it since I'm crap at combining tilesets. I'l try messing with tileset combining. Thank you!

TheBardKen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I actually edited it for you but have yet to figure out how to get it to you without publicly posting it. I will keep trying, but in the mean time, I do have a tutorial on how to combine tilesets.

http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/Combining_Tiles_in_Gimp
If you're comfortable with emailing it to me you can have my personal email, I can PM it to you. I'll be checking the link you posted, and messing with some of my software.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm a bit confused why you'd need to combine tilesets anyway, B and D can be used at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image i made on mon-die morning
Everyday I'm hustlin' hustlin'
And now I'm wondering if I only made progress in learning this engine because I was procrastinating on everything else I need to do...
from twitter:
Therapist: and what do we do with our trauma?
Me: give it to a character
Character: NO
other devs: *carefully plan the battle balance (with actual calculation in sheet)* | Me: *randomly throws numbers and skills to see which works*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltosier