Pixel Point - Point08's Edits and Customs

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Point08, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    4/5/2017 - I've finally gotten some of these assets formatted for use with Yanfly's Grid Free Doodads plugin. The books aren't done yet, sorry, they're time consuming, but I'm getting there and will post them soon. I'll update the link when the books are ready. Books are included and the zip file is reformatted to include subfolders to make organization easier. A zip file of the assets ready for use as doodads can be grabbed from here: Point's Doodads

3/20/2017
    - As far down as this thread has fallen, I'm sure no one will notice this edit (and without any new content yet, it doesn't warrant a new post), but, I'm back! My first project is to format most of the things I've made so they can be used as doodads, for those using Yanfly's plugin. The next step will be creating new assets. A lot of resources have been created while I was away, so I need to spend the next few days seeing what's out there, and what requests people have, so I know what people would like to see.

I'm including a lot more custom work in this thread now, so I would especially appreciate feedback. Some of you are amazing artists and anything you can tell me to help me get better, is always a good thing. (I'd like to give a quick thanks to Sharm and Celianna, as their work, both past and present, is what inspired me to start doing this in the first place, and is often the inspiration for what I attempt to create. I've also learned a lot from looking at their art and watching Celianna as she creates hers.)

If you have requests related to anything I create (e.g. recolors, resizes, different styling, etc.) please feel free to ask.

Terms of Use:

*Always credit Enterbrain or Kadokawa for any RTP resource, including recolors, resizes, etc.*

Commercial projects: Yes, no credit to me required

Non-commercial projects: Yes, no credit to me required

Funded projects: (kickstarter, gofundme, etc., whether commercial or not) Yes, no credit to me required

Reposts: Yes, no credit to me required. Please do not claim you made them though. *You must include these terms of use if you repost these on another site!*

Edits: Yes, no credit to me required.

If you use any of these resources, feel free to send me a screenshot if you want. I'm always happy to know they were useful to someone. This is not required however.
    [​IMG]

Indoor Tiles and Parallax Files
    Books and Bookshelves
    Recolors of the RTP shelves (with the books removed for easier editing for you) and RTP books. Also quite a few books I made. Also some edits of the RTP bookshelves to make them taller/shorter and to add some detail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are for back-to-back shelves. The bottom left one is if the one in front is taller than the one in the back. I included a shadow just in case you're like me and want to cut/paste in your own shadows instead of using the shadow pen in the editor.

[​IMG]

Some bookshelves that are a bit fancier. The shelves also aren't as deep as the original RTP bookshelves.

[​IMG]

Smoother texture to the set from above, a few different views, and some other matching pieces.

[​IMG]
    Just Books
    The books from above, but edited to fit the shallower shelves of the fancier-styled bookshelves.

[​IMG]

Some smaller and recolored versions of the RTP books for placing on top of tables and what not.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Furniture and Decorations
    Just a fireplace edit I never got around to posting previously.

[​IMG]

Outdoor Tiles and Parallax Files
    Buildings
    An all original house/shop (well except the door because I haven't made an animated one yet...coming soon though). Added an edit of the top roof beam based on feedback.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Roofs
    The original color is the far left one. The green and especially the dark blue didn't recolor all that well and would probably turn out better if I simply colored them by manually choosing each color. I'm sure I'll get to this, but if anyone happens to actually like these and wants a particular color, let me know and I'll prioritize coloring it manually.

[​IMG]

An angled version of the tile roof. If you would like recolors, let me know. To get them to match the colors above, I will need to do each color individually as the angled version has one more color per tile.

[​IMG]

The wood shingle wall converted to a roof that can be used in the editor, in multiple colors of course.

[​IMG]
    Walls
    Some new brick walls for you. These are my first fully custom creations.

[​IMG]

Recolors of the RTP brick wall. The bottom row is the same as the top, but mirrored. This way even if the buildings/walls are the same color, you can still add a little variance.

[​IMG]

Recolor of the edges for the above wall.

[​IMG]
    Trees and Bushes
    Recolors of the RTP tree (the narrow one).

[​IMG]

Recolor of the RTP bush, and turned them into a small tree as well.

[​IMG]

An edit of the larger RTP tree to make it a bit smaller, and of course, recolored.

[​IMG]

Since our game worlds are rarely based on Earth, who says all the plants have to be normal? Some RTP mix-and-match tree(-ish) things.

[​IMG]
    Other Plants
    Recolors of one of the RTP mushrooms.

[​IMG]

Weapons for Side View Battlers
    A long sword, that keeping with my motto of expanding the RTP, goes very well with the default weapons. It's so close, even though I drew it by hand, I'd consider it an edit more than an original piece.

[​IMG]

Windowskins and Cursors
    My first attempt at a windowskin. Hopefully some more (and better quality) versions to come.

[​IMG]

A cursor that can be placed into any windowskin.

[​IMG]

All of the cursors below are designed for use with Tsukihime's Message Pause Cursor plugin. You can get it here.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. TheHarmp

TheHarmp Non-Profit Mephobiac Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Oehh thanks for this!, I tried cleaning out the cabinets, but they turned out horrible.

So I'll just grab these and start my editing on these. 
    Thanks for putting these out here.

3. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You're welcome. I'm just glad someone else can use them. I'll be adding some more later today.

TheHarmp likes this.
  4. TheStoryteller01

TheStoryteller01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Very nice and versatile. Thank you!

5. aboynamedearth

aboynamedearth Onion Knight Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This will be especially fun to play around with if you want to do book collecting in a game! Thanks!

cate likes this.
  6. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You're welcome. I've learned my lesson to never put a library in a game again! I'll likely add all the actual shelves I've made with this set, to save other people some time and to give people who need it, more ideas on how to mix and match things. I'll continue to expand this as well, but probably a bit slowly as I'm also starting to work on other resources, including more custom stuff.

TheHarmp likes this.
  7. TheHarmp

First Language:
    Dutch
    I've been working on these edits: Still far from finished, but I might make a nice DoItYourself kit, for people who want specific things in their closets.

[removed image]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
    Point08 likes this.
  8. Personigo de la Ĉefo

Personigo de la Ĉefo Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    Russian
    Pretty cool i gotta say. And useful too.

9. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    TheHarmp, please don't hijack this thread to talk about your own stuff.

10. TheHarmp

First Language:
    Dutch
    I didn't mean to, I was letting Point08 know what I've been upto with his graphics.

But I'll make sure it won't happen again. I'll stick to PM's from now on.

My apologies.

11. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I added some new bookshelves to the OP. No recolors this time, just different heights and widths from the default RTP shelves. I also added some with a design on the front, and some matching tops. As per usual I also included the pattern for the inlay, so you can edit it and/or use it on recolors and what not. Hope someone finds these useful.

Note: I noticed the top on a few of them has a bit of a noticeable line if magnified. It's fine at 100%, but zoomed in beyond 200% it definitely becomes visible. I'll fix this in the future, just not tonight.

TheHarmp likes this.
  12. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just a small update this time (check OP). These are for back-to-back shelves. The bottom left one is if the one in front is taller than the one in the back. I included a shadow just in case you're like me and want to cut/paste in your own shadows instead of using the shadow pen in the editor. I'm not completely satisfied with the chairs, and will most likely redo them in the near future.

I also plan on putting some of these on a sample map to give people an idea of how to use the different bookshelf heights to give your maps some interest. I have to finish up doing the backs of some shelves I'm making, so if you want them to be facing away from the character, you can do that too.

Feedback is always welcome, and if you have any requests, I'm always willing to give something a shot.

13. TheHarmp

First Language:
    Dutch
    Oh wow, I didn't even see you added more stuff to the cabinets and bookcases! Wonderful! Thank you!
    And as for the chair, wouldn't a simple straight plank of wood as a backrest work better than the bended one?
    (Might just be me though.)
    Keep up the good work! 

14. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I think it probably would, but I tried a straight back first and it looked a bit off. I will probably give it another shot though. If I'm not happy with the results next time around, I'm just going to make one from scratch.

15. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I added some bookshelves that are a bit of a fancier style. They also have shelves that aren't as deep as the original RTP bookshelves. I haven't made or edited any books to fit them as of yet, but you can expect that to be done soon. I'm also working on some other pieces of furniture to match these bookshelves, and I'll do some color variations once the whole set is done.

Hope you all like them. Feedback is always welcome, as the stuff posted in this thread is pretty much my first attempts at pixel art, and I know there are things I need to improve on!

TheHarmp likes this.
  16. DBDragoner

DBDragoner Veteran Veteran

Thank you very much for this. I love do it yourself stuff. This just saved me a ton of time. :)

17. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I redid the newest set of bookshelves to give the wood a smoother texture/grain. I also added a matching cabinet with optional glass doors, a side and rear-facing shelf (only single size for now but more are coming soon), a chair, and 3 styles of table, all matching these bookshelves. If you have a request for some other piece of furniture, or a different type of bookshelf/cabinet that you would like as part of this set, please let me know. The book to fit the shallower shelves should be ready Monday. As always, feedback is welcome.

Here they are, and in OP as well.

[​IMG]

DBDragoner likes this.
  18. Lupinos

Lupinos Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Nice! They might comin' handy for the library I'm planning to do next in my project!

19. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I added the book edits for the shallower shelves of the last bookshelves I made. Everything from the original set of book edits is included, except for the pre-filled shelves. Sorry i didn't have these ready Monday, I had other things that needed to take priority (and no, in case you're wondering, it wasn't Fallout 4).

[​IMG]

DBDragoner likes this.
  20. topar395

topar395 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for the hard work, really looks great!