Pixel Point - Point08's Edits and Customs

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Point08, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I felt a little guilty for taking so long to get the books done for my last post, so I added these today: just some smaller and recolored versions of the RTP books for placing on top of tables and what not.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    Archeia and DBDragoner like this.
  2. TheStoryteller01

TheStoryteller01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Stunning work! This is the "Complete Custom Library Pack" in my book. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  3. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I decided that as I make/edit more resources (besides just books and bookshelves), I should probably start a new thread and keep them all in one place. I think people would miss a lot of them if I continued to post everything in my initial thread. As always, any feedback is welcome. I hope these are useful for some of you!

Terms of Use: Free to use for any project: non-commercial, commercial, kickstarter, etc. For anything that is an edit of the RMMV RTP, you must own RMMV to use those resources. There is no need to credit me, but if they are edits of the RTP you should credit Kodakowa. Feel free to redistribute anything I make, again with no need to credit me. The only thing I ask, is that you don't claim you made them.

[​IMG]

Indoor

Books and Bookshelves

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are for back-to-back shelves. The bottom left one is if the one in front is taller than the one in the back. I included a shadow just in case you're like me and want to cut/paste in your own shadows instead of using the shadow pen in the editor.

[​IMG]

Some bookshelves that are a bit fancier. The shelves also aren't as deep as the original RTP bookshelves.

[​IMG]

Smoother texture to the set from above, a few different views, and some other matching pieces.

[​IMG]
    Just Books

The books from above, but edited to fit the shallower shelves of the fancier-styled bookshelves.

[​IMG]

Some smaller and recolored versions of the RTP books for placing on top of tables and what not.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outdoor

Trees and Bushes

Recolors of the RTP tree (the narrow one).

[​IMG]

Recolor of the RTP bush, and turned them into a small tree as well.

[​IMG]

An edit of the larger RTP tree to make it a bit smaller, and of course, recolored.

[​IMG]
    Other Plants

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  4. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

Yep. =]

Will you be closing this one?, and I can just use this link for my lists?

Good diea on the small tree.

Shelves (and variety of shelves) are super-useful.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  5. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Such an honor to be included on your lists!

Yes, I will no longer be updating the "Books and Bookshelves" thread with any new creations. Everything will go here from now on.

I had no idea how much I would enjoy doing these little edits and recolors. I'm excited to continue to try and improve, and get to the point (no pun intended) where I'm able to create more of my own custom stuff, as opposed to mostly edits.

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  6. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Please don't make more than one thread for the same resources.  Just update your old one.  If you want a different title use the full editor to change it.  I'm closing this one since it's pretty much a duplicate thread.

7. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A quick thanks to Sharm for merging the two threads!

I added a few things to the OP yesterday, and just now added my first custom creation. Finally something I didn't edit or recolor. As this is the first pixel art I've ever created from scratch, any feedback is appreciated as I know there are things I could improve on. Here it is, as well as in the OP.

[​IMG]
    These work in the editor, just place them on A3, overwriting one of the other walls you don't plan to use.

GrandmaDeb and DBDragoner like this.
  8. TheStoryteller01

TheStoryteller01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Either the're new or I have missed the "giant ferns" so far. Great edits!

9. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So, I got a bit ambitious and decided to just create an entire building. It could be used as a house or a shop. The roof is a combination of ceramic tiles and wooden beams. The second floor has a wood shingle facade, and it juts out over the first floor. The first floor is brick. Everything is original except for the door because I haven't made an animated version of a door yet, so I stuck to an RTP one for now. The windows are based off of the RTP windows, so they closely resemble them. I also tried to stay with a color palette that goes well with the RTP.

This was a big jump for me in terms of difficulty, and I know there are things that could be improved, so please give feedback if you have any! Remember, this is my first attempt at this, so if it flat out sucks, feel free to tell me, but please provide some specific criticism (e.g. it completely sucks because colors don't match) as opposed to simply saying, this sucks. The latter won't help me improve.

Well, here it is...

[​IMG]

DBDragoner and GrandmaDeb like this.
  10. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

These work in the editor, just place them on A3, overwriting one of the other walls you don't plan to use.

You did these from scratch!??!!! I love them!

11. Strange_Dragon_99

Strange_Dragon_99 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I really like the wall recolors. They look great. 

12. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks to both of you. Hopefully they're useful to people and go well with the RTP. One thing in the past that always frustrated me is I would find great custom assets, but there wouldn't be enough of them to do an entire game, and yet they wouldn't match well with the RTP, so I'd kind of be stuck. Sometimes you could find a whole set, but then they wouldn't match the sprites from the RTP, so now you need to find custom sprites, which means new facesets, etc. With that in mind I'm trying to make things that will help diversify the RTP so people can mix and match, adding flavor and giving their game more of a custom graphics look, without being limited to only stuff myself or someone else has made.

Edit: don't want to bump this thread since I posted the last resource after midnight, so I'm just editing this reply and the OP to include a tile-able version of the tile roof (no pun intended). After writing the above reply, I figured if I'm trying to add diversity to the RTP, I should add a version of the roof that can be used in the editor, separate from the building.

Edit 2: I converted the wood shingle wall into a roof that can be used in the editor. Added it below and to the OP.

Edit 3: I added a weapon for side view battlers. It is a long sword, made to match the RTP weapons. Added below and to the OP.

The original color is the far left one. The green and especially the dark blue didn't recolor all that well and would probably turn out better if I simply colored them by manually choosing each color. I'm sure I'll get to this, but if anyone happens to actually like these and wants a particular color, let me know and I'll prioritize coloring it manually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
  13. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just a small update today. I added an angled version of the tile roof. I only added the original color for now. The angled version has one more color per tile, so to color match any previous recolors, I will need to do the recoloring one color at a time. Because of this, it might be a while before I get around to it, but if you would like a specific color or colors, let me know. I will be making some corner transition tiles so you can combine this with the non-angled version I originally posted. Hopefully I'll have time to do that today or tomorrow.

As always, this is in the OP as well.

One version includes a shadow under the roofline, the other doesn't.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
    DBDragoner likes this.
  14. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I really like the sword and the trees are really nice looking! Thank you Point!!

Point08 likes this.
  15. SPP

SPP Veteran Veteran

Umm... the spelling of kadokawa is wrong in your ToU just saying. :)

Other than that good stuff! :thumbsup-right:

Point08 likes this.
  16. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh! It was just a typo, but I didn't even notice, so thanks for pointing that out! It's fixed now. BD

17. Point08

Point08 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I made a windowskin the other day, and a bunch of cursors today. As always, everything is also in the OP.

[​IMG]

The below cursor can simply replace any normal windowskin cursor.
    [​IMG]

All of the cursors below are designed for use with Tsukihime's Message Pause Cursor plugin. You can get it here.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nice! I only use 5 frames but I will certainly use these!!

Point08 likes this.
  19. Tsukihime

Tsukihime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Given all those message cursors, I'll find a way to allow devs to use different-sized cursors in the same project easily.

20. Val

Val Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Français
    Wow cool work we have here! I really hope you will continue developping and doing some new arts :) PLeasure for the eyes and project :D