Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastyCheese

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Despite my not-loving the way RMMZ has implemented effekseer by default, I have faith that someone will have a script to fix it some day.

That said, I know that there are many people who will still miss the pixely look of the Pre-MZ sprite sheet animations. While this is in no way as good as a truly well done pixel animation animated by hand, I've started working on a material which can be applied in effekseer to give particle systems a more retro, grainy, pixelated look.

Here is a quick slashes animation a slapped together using regular textures in the rmmz folder (and one of my own for the hit spark lines because i liked it better...)
PixelTest01.gif

And here with the material applied
PixelTest03.gif

I'm gonna continue tweeking this over time (because 40 hours work week and also I have a chronic illness that makes it hard to... do. things.) to see if i can make it a little better but when I have it in a state I like I'll release it with a read me for what each parameter does and a pack of opacity map materials to apply different styles of pixelated fade outs.

Here's something a little prettier I put together with this
PixelShield.gif

Any feed back or recommendations are welcome :D

Last edited:

Hètral

Teamplayer
Reaction score
First Language
English, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh wow, respect for your work on this. I still procrastinate Effekseer as it seems that this is super complex and time-consuming :)

Are those usable for us other game makers? :) If so, would you add your Terms of use?

I love the Techno Shield and could use it :)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Could you please add terms of use, as well as a download link for the animations?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@ToastyCheese Since you haven't responded to the above questions, I'm assuming you're not actually sharing these, which is the whole point of the MZ Resources forum. If you simply wish to show off what you've made in Effekseer. Please post in this thread or if you want some feedback on WIPs you can also post here.
If you change your mind and do want to share, please report this post and we'll reopen the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Koshibari