Monsterwave18

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings. Lately, I've been creating some sprites for RPG Maker MV, but noticed that whenever I put the sprites into the game they come out with some of the pixels on the sprites "stretched" or "compressed". At least that is how I would explain it. Here are some pictures of what I mean:

Screenshot (21).png

Here is how the sprite is supposed to look like when I have it open in Aesprite. Now here is what it actually looks like in-game:

Screenshot (20) - Copy.png

Why are a lot of the pixels on the top of the crate "Compressed" or "stretched" out, and how can I fix it? (Sorry but you may have to zoom in a bit to see it). This weird effect is also occurring on the zig zag pattern for the carpet too. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help me out!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I noticed it too though, when you use no plugins at all, it's bigger and
they are stretched, but when I use YEP_EngineCore, its more neutral!

if so, most pixels care little blurred as well, but there is a snippet that
remove that so it is more pixelated, which you want to see.

there is very simple one but also a bit more advance that does
the same and can work better, I dont have the links at this point,
but it should do the trick to remove that.

Kay_ande

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try resizing all the sprites to be 2x bigger,but it might look different from what you want. thats what I did,atleast.

Monsterwave18

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try resizing all the sprites to be 2x bigger,but it might look different from what you want. thats what I did,atleast.
That's what I've decided to do to try and solve this problem, but now it's a bit harder to make objects appear smaller in the game world when the pixels are twice as big. I've been trying to think of how Omori was able to use single pixels in their game without having this problem that I am, but I can't find anything on it... maybe they used a plugin?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ngl i feel like im morbin out
I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Combat skill combination demostration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zuriel124