Pixi Errors and Graphics freeze

Ioelas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone! (Updated on basis of new info... and format of post... and shamelss bumping)   (Edited title to reflect the threads new viewpoints)

Ok... so this is way overdue on my part, but have been trying to figure out whats going on on my own, with no luck. No anywhere neer an expert on computer stuff here, so please excuse me if I'm talking non-sence.

Are you using plugins? Did you disable them first? Does the bug still happen?

Yeah, using plugins. But even with all of them turned off, it still happens.

Is your bug already reported by another person? Don't make a new topic. Reply to that thread instead if you have anything substantial to add.

I've searched for some time, but not found anything

Bug Explanation: (What is the bug in your own words? Keep this detailed. "It isn't working right" is not a valid bug report.

When I playtest my project, the game will eventually freeze up. But only the grafics apparently. While frozen, I can hear the opening and closing of the menu, or battle commands if in battle, as I press the buttons. It seemingly triggers quite randomly. Sometimes after 1 minute, sometimes after 15minutes. Using the FPS meter (f2), I can see that the FPS drops to 0 and stays there from a pretty stable 60.

The console does start with a few pixi errors...Namely pixi.js.map, pixi-tilemap.js.map and pixi.picture.js.map.. Those have been there for quite some time though.... don't know if they are the source of the issue, but read in another thread that its there for all of us. In anycase, pressing F5 will restart the game from the title screen, at which point it all works again... untill it freezes again of course.

I originally thought it might be a plugin issue, but the issue remains even with all plugins turned off. This issue has been present for some time (a few months). RPGmaker MV is updated to 1.3.3, as is my project, but the issue has been there for the last couple of updates anyways.

I can't really say when it started.

Error Report:

None

Exact Steps on How to Replicate Bug: (Write out IN DETAIL, a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the bug.)

Playtest or battletestt. No particular way to force it, but it will happen eventually. Can be while standing still, walking, event-prcessing... anytime. Thing is though, that it doesn't seem to happen in an earlier project i made. The earlier project is much much smaller though, and I haven't done neerly as much work on it (updated it to 1.3.3 just to make sure). So it seems like I can't really replicate it in other projekts than the one I'm working on.

Sample Project (REQUIRED): Will get to this asap. Any good ideas on how to trim it down quickly without ruining it?

Other:

ATM I'm running with Geforce GTX 260, but had a newer card not too long ago, and the issue was the exact same with that.

Windows 7 ultimate

End

Sooo, I guess I'm just really in need of some help here and will truely appriciate any pointers as to what might be the problem or how to fix it.

Thanks for reading, and do say if more info is needed. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Ioelas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update and shameless bump (really sorry if thats a hopeless sin)

The freeze also happens in smaller projects, with no plugins added at all. It just seems to take alot longer. Doesn't seem to be a memory issue either, as even the big project will keep in the 600k's.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would help if you give us a screenshot of the console, but If I remember correctly then the pixi map file errors are the result of you making an incomplete update of your project.

Please update your project to the newest version in the correct way and check if the problem still exists

Most likely you only updated the core-js files when you updated your project for the 1.3.0 and forgot to update the lib folder, because that resulted in those missing file error messages.

And an incomplete project update can cause any random error...

Ioelas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The pixi-errors show up in a new project too. Steam version btw.

Quite sure I followed all the steps needed to update the old projects as well... but did it again just to be sure, and the issue persist.

Reinstalled RPGmaker MV too, to make sure there wasn't som sort of problem in that direction. Using Avast for protection, but have made all the possible exeptions to MV and the projects.

-At a loss here :D  

mike7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am getting the pixi errors too with the Steam Mac version that is updated to 1.3.3.

I create a new project, don't change anything, run a playtest of the project, go to the console and I only see a link about pixi, then I close the console window and go back to it then I get the following errors listed on the first attached screenshot. This should already have these files in the lib folder of a new project created with version 1.3.3, but it doesn't.

I've also noticed these errors on the Network tab of the Developer Tools window even on the first look of it unlike the console errors which is listed on the second attached screenshot.

It looks like the files pixi.js.map, pixi-tilemap.js.map, and pixi-picture.js.map aren't part of the lib folder of the Steam Mac RPG Maker MV version 1.3.3. Can we get this content added to the Steam Mac version or another version update made that has this fixed?

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 6.31.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 6.33.56 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ioelas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yup, those are the same errors as mine... PC Steam version here. No idea if they cause my problems, but still would be nice with a fix :)  

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mike7 @Ioelas Those errors mean that your projects have been updated incompletely - when you updated, you didn't follow the instruction on how to update (which includes updating the libs folder) and have only updated the core scripts without updating the libs folder.

Please update the libs folder with the files from a working new project, and if your new project has the same errors then those files are even missing in your new data folder and you better make a full install of the maker.

Ioelas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just tried to copy from the newData folder once again. Same issue. Will try to do a full reinstall of Maker itself now. Brb :)  

And thanks for helping btw

Ioelas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
sooo.... Got my spelling in check and found this:

Sounds quite familiar, but sadly the thread didn't live to see a solution. But ya, all the way back from February 4th.

mike7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Andar With the MV update to 1.3.4 that was released on Steam today, the exact same issue occurs even in a brand new project created after the update where the libs files should copy over properly to the new project.

pixi.js.map, pixi-tilemap.js.map, and pixi-picture.js.map do not exist in the libs folder of any new project created from the Steam version of MV.

The errors I listed above in my post with the screen shots indicating that these are missing can by found by going to the Network tab of the Developer Tools that come up in the Mac version after you run a playtest of a project and hit F8. This also shows up on the console after you close the developer tools window and open it up again a second time while the project is still running.

Someone needs to look into the files that are sent to Steam for the Steam downloadable version of MV and update it to also include the files pixi.js.map, pixi-tilemap.js.map, and pixi-picture.js.map.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mike7: I just tested - no error message about missing pixi files on a new project created by 1.3.4

And you misunderstood something - the .map files never existed as far as I know - those errors were created by incompatible file versions, and the copy of the correct pixi files into the libs folder tells the engine how the correct filenames are.

So if you make a new project with 1.3.4, start it and open the console - do you get an error message about missing files, yes or no?

mike7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Andar Yes, I have been including examples and screenshots only from NEW projects created through the Steam MV 1.3.4 version for the Mac just now and 1.3.3 before today. I also just deleted my MV app files from my computer and re-downloaded it from Steam and the issue persists.

The directions to duplicate are as follows:

• Create a new project, don't change anything
  • Run a play test of the game
  • Go to the console
  • First you won't see it on the console, but the errors are shown on the network tab of the developer tools
  • Then, close the console with the game still running
  • Finally, open the console up again and it now shows the errors on the console. (The console needs to be opened up twice or more for it to catch the errors.)

Is your MV app a version you have downloaded directly from Steam? If not, then that's why you're probably not getting the errors.

These errors are probably occurring because the steam version is written incorrectly and is looking for the .map files if they're not supposed to exist.

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm getting the same error. I uninstalled and re-installed the newest RMV version. Made a new project. I keep getting the same error with those missing files while checking the network tab on console. The game eventually freezes and I can still access the menu and hear the music and sound effect and then the main console page lists those files as missing.

Here's a quick sample project

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=14049752425883491328

Check the console and click the network tab. I get the same error as Mike7. I have the non-steam version.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As someone who had this issue with other things (not pixi) I should point out that a bad or corrupt graphic card driver can cause random freezes in some games. I had this happen waaaaaaay back (2005) with some games when Nvida released a horrible driver for their graphics cards (And I later learned via net surfing it wasn't just me, it was so bad many Nvida customers jumped ship to ATI for a few years until Nvida got their act together, as the only fix was to roll back to an old version).

With that in mind, for those of you with freezing errors, you may need to update your display driver. Or, if it is the most current, roll back one version, as the new version might be bugging out on you (or just a buggy version). Give that a try and see if it helps.

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm getting the same error. I uninstalled and re-installed the newest RMV version. Made a new project. I keep getting the same error with those missing files while checking the network tab on console. The game eventually freezes and I can still access the menu and hear the music and sound effect and then the main console page lists those files as missing.

Here's a quick sample project

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=14049752425883491328

Check the console and click the network tab. I get the same error as Mike7. I have the non-steam version.

This Project works straight out of the box on my modest PC; no white screen, nor 'hanging'. Upon invoking the Console, Network tab, there are 3 'map' files not found (and for cause; they don't exist...), but I have this same 'warning' on every one of my Projects, which all work correctly. I'd say that it's a red herring; nothing to do with your White Screen. There's no difference on my PC between this Test Project and any of mine, so it's not an MV problem, but a local PC issue, I'd say.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz