Pixi Filter Controller - fancy screen effects by pixi (MZ version released!)

djbeardo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just wanted to add a note here for anyone who might be coming across this plugin since rpgmaker MV 1.6.2 has come out: There seems to be some kind of issue with the latest version of the plugin, but version 2.0.8 of the plugin seems to work. You can find the old version on the github.

Last edited:

placebo3ffect

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
idk if this was asked before, but is there a way to set a specific filter to an actor note? i want the zoomblur effect to be on at all times (on a low setting ofc) to have a dreamy effect when moving the character, but dont really want to have to add in the notes of every map, nor set an event each time the player goes to a new area

Yilou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When a character moves, the goodray moves with him. Is it possible to attach this effect to the map instead of the screen?

occultpunk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really strange issue, but SRD's CameraCore seems to prevent using the filters on pictures at all.

EDIT: Looks like it's because of the "Zoom Pictures" parameter. Must interfere with the updating.

Last edited:

MorsVictrix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovenian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone have a link to the demo? The original post had a link, but it's not working anymore... :/

Or is there a list of plugin commands? I am would like to use the plugin for darker map filters for some horror effect...

Last edited:

PrimitivePixels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know this plugin has been around for a while, but, I love the effects, I am using the bloom in my outdoor sunny maps, the problem I'm having is, I use fade out and fade in on all player transfers to avoid seeing my parallax maps loading and binding to map. I have a parallel process loading my pixi filter then a wait, then the screen fades in. However, the bloom effect never loads until the map is faded in, then there is this half second where there is no filter, then it pops in abruptly. It's very annoying. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the effect to actually load before the screen fades in?

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's fun to dynamically change the parameters of the filter!

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I know this plugin has been around for a while, but, I love the effects, I am using the bloom in my outdoor sunny maps, the problem I'm having is, I use fade out and fade in on all player transfers to avoid seeing my parallax maps loading and binding to map. I have a parallel process loading my pixi filter then a wait, then the screen fades in. However, the bloom effect never loads until the map is faded in, then there is this half second where there is no filter, then it pops in abruptly. It's very annoying. Does anyone have any tips on how to get the effect to actually load before the screen fades in?
do you have the create and set filters listed before the fade in? I do a black tint then create the filter and then fade in to wanted tint. Here's how I did it. It's set to an event even though I use map notes nowadays. dunno if one is better than the other though.

◆Plugin Command:Tint set #000000
◆Set Movement Route:Player (Wait)
: :◇Turn Up
◆Script:Galv.BES.pShadows(true);
◆Label:-----------------Pixi Filters-----------------
◆Comment:~~~~~~Pixi Filters~~~~~ (FilterController.js):
◆Plugin Command:createFilter Bloom1 bloom 0
◆Plugin Command:setFilter Bloom1 7 .5 .45 .7
◆Comment:[blur] [bloom scale] [threshold] [brightness]
◆Plugin Command:createFilter TS1 tiltshift 0
◆Plugin Command:setFilter TS1 0 400 100 400 450 5000
◆Plugin Command:createFilter VigB simplelightmap 0
◆Plugin Command:setFilter VigB
◆Plugin Command:~createFilter Vig1 oldfilm 0
◆Plugin Command:~setFilter Vig1 0 0 0
◆Comment:[sepia] [noise] [scratch density] : Vignette parameters in .JS file.
◆Plugin Command:createFilter Adj1 adjustment 0
◆Plugin Command:setFilter Adj1 1 0.9 1.2 1.1 0.9 0.9 0.7 1
◆Comment:[gamma] [saturation] [contrast] [brightness] [R] [G] [A]
◆Plugin Command:Tint set #505050
◆Control Self Switch:A = ON

Apparently I didn't fade in but should work just the same to fade in after setting it all up in the dark.

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know how I might exclude certain events or pictures from being filtered? I know how to include or exclude ALL or include specifically, but not exclude specifically.

jedite1000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
How do i add a filter to a state notetag?, i want to add a blur filter to a drunk state whenever a player drinks a beer item

Zookx1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Filter-target 21 doesn't seem to work. If I want characters, tiles and parallax to be filtered, but not pictures or text, I have to use two identical, overlapping filters; with filter-target 2 for the tiles and characters and filter-target 32 for the parallax.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.
Lord Vectra wrote on lianderson's profile.
*poke* Hello. Not suprised to see you here, but I didn't know you was here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DP-404