Pixi Filter Controller - fancy screen effects by pixi (MZ version released!)

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to achieve this effect in RPG Maker using the Displacement filter? https://codepen.io/seanfree/pen/eBppyE
The filter they used is feTurbulence, which is Perlin noise. But I assume implementing Perlin noise will be hard so perhaps using a video or image sequence as a displacement texture but so far I have had no luck trying to replace displacement IMG with a video due to my limited js experience.
Can you just use a video/animation of the image and effect or does it need to be live rendered?

The displacement image can be scrolled so if the image is seamless it can look pretty good. Here is the pixi filter demo. The water is using the displacement filter: https://filters.pixijs.download/main/demo/index.html

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you just use a video/animation of the image and effect or does it need to be live rendered?

The displacement image can be scrolled so if the image is seamless it can look pretty good. Here is the pixi filter demo. The water is using the displacement filter: https://filters.pixijs.download/main/demo/index.html
I tried scrolling displacement already but it still looks a bit too static, live rendering Perlin noise as displacement map would be the best result as it saves on file size but I will take using video/image sequence as well. The problem is I tried messing around with the code myself changing the displacement input myself using documents and google search on pixi.Sprite, pixi.Texture, video as displacement,... but none work. The project would run but the displacement part was wrong, like, as if it took the video as a big black box and then pass it on as the displacement map, which cause the game screen to shift a bit. But then again I don't know anything about javascript so I can't really figure out why it wasn't working.

Kirby44

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my case, the "displacement" filter freezes my game after a few seconds. Can someone help me out ?

I'm using this notetetag :

Code:
<Filter:UNDERWATER,displacement,0>

<SetFilter:UNDERWATER,0.3,0.3,10>

And this image :

DisplacementMap.png

Latest Profile Posts

Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel
still cursed with having an issue then solving it myself as soon as someone else explains it to me/is trying to help.

sure hope nobody thinks im weird not responding to them after they're only trying to help.
Erecting a giant stone monolith and inscribing the words "keep it simple stupid" upon it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhan96