Pixi Filter Controller - fancy screen effects by pixi (MZ version released!)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very nice idea! Are you going to keep working on this plugin?
I'm going to try my hand at adding a screen CRT filter on my game. I used to use animated pictures but this method seems way cleaner!

By the way, you can use this to format minified code: http://unminify.com/ :)

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cji3bp62000 Hm.. sorry for the double post but is there a way to turn on the flag "(animated)" featured in the DEMO site? I managed to get the CRT filter on the screen but it's static as it is now and I can't find a way to animate it (like in the DEMO) >.> Any clues?
filter.animating = true;
is not really working for me.

Last edited:

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
>>Kyuukon using smartphone to reply, so bad format, sorry.

The animate is mostly just adding filter.time, so:

You can use
setFilterSpeed *** 0.01
(or other number)

and in your update handler use
filter.time = this._time;
in filter controller, it will automatically update this._time every frame if you set filter speed.

Also, you can use
filter.seed = Math.random();
If you want to change the noise seed.

to check what parameters CRT filter have, see:
http://pixijs.io/pixi-filters/docs/PIXI.filters.CRTFilter.html

Last edited:

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I feel so dumb... I swear I had tried that before haha! Thanks <3!

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes maybe just upper case lower case typing problem, don't mind:LZSsmile:
I will update and add to the default filter controllers after I've tested new filters~
(some filters not even tested myself)

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wish i could wrap my brains around this plugin, but i can't.
Which is odd for me, i usually understand pretty quickly how to use a plugin.. this one though, i'm stumped.
Like.. do you use a call script?
I just wanna make screen transitions with this...

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
>>MikePjr
Sorry, my How To Use explanation is always confusing, it's not your fault.
I use .apply instead of .call.

Can you tell me exactly what you want to do?

the below is an example to use twist as transfer screen transitions.

◆createFilter tw#1 twist 0
◆setFilter tw#1 408 312 x x
◆moveFilter tw#1 x x 600 10 45
◆wait: 45 frames
◆do player transfer
◆moveFilter tw#1 x x 0 0 45
◆wait: 45 frames
◆eraseFilter tw#1

1. creates filter tw#1
2. set parameter of tw#1: x->408, y->312
3. move parameter of tw#1 in 45 frames: radius->600, angle->10
4-5. wait 45 frames and transform
6. move parameter of tw#1 in 45 frames: radius->0, angle->0
7-8. wait for move finish and erase tw#1

swickster

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I get the error "Cannot read property 'Bloom' of undefined" when I use the plugin command "createFilter bl1 bloom 2"

Last edited:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
>>MikePjr
Sorry, my How To Use explanation is always confusing, it's not your fault.
I use .apply instead of .call.

Can you tell me exactly what you want to do?
I'm just trying to figure out if it's done as a call script or or plugin command, or however i go about it exactly.
I think a small demo with it in use will help me.
Demos usually help me wrap my brain around using any plugin... cause i can just check and look to see how things are called... like a reference.

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
@cji3bp62000 Thank you for this plugin! It will save me a lot of time I think, because I was already using some effects but in a "manual boring way", and I love how some of them can add a lot to the overall ambiance of a game, as you can see in my video here where I use a small amount of some already:

Do you think it would be possible to add the "displacement" filter in your list, that one in particular would be very useful.

Another good add would be the possibility (for that "displacement filter" for example but also any other) to set a rectangle anywhere we want by choosing an X and Y (for the dimensions) and X and Y (for the position). It’s already possible to have something close to this, but when you take the "twist" or "bulge" filters for example, they always act as a circle and there are no way to create a square.

The possibility to use a sprite (character event for example) as the single target of a filter would be super cool too, it would give us a way to do special animations directly affecting any character.

Good job and thank you again! :)

Last edited:

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get the error "Cannot read property 'Bloom' of undefined" when I use the plugin command "createFilter bl1 bloom 2"
>>swickster
Are you using your own bloom filter? if not, maybe the script just broken when downloading; please download again><.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's done as a call script or or plugin command, or however i go about it exactly.
I think a small demo with it in use will help me.
Demos usually help me wrap my brain around using any plugin... cause i can just check and look to see how things are called... like a reference.
>>MikePjr
Basically using plugin command(and map/event notes) only.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3099a8n4qu90wpi/plugin.zip
This is my testing project. The row of character on top is the use of each filter; also there are tags on MAP001 and orange-hair character settings.

@cji3bp62000 Thank you for this plugin! It will save me a lot of time I think, because I was already using some effects but in a "manual boring way", and I love how some of them can add a lot to the overall ambiance of a game, as you can see in my video here where I use a small amount of some already:

Do you think it would be possible to add the "displacement" filter in your list, that one in particular would be very useful.

Another good add would be the possibility (for that "displacement filter" for example but also any other) to set a rectangle anywhere we want by choosing an X and Y (for the dimensions) and X and Y (for the position). It’s already possible to have something close to this, but when you take the "twist" or "bulge" filters for example, they always act as a circle and there are no way to create a square.

The possibility to use a sprite (character event for example) as the single target of a filter would be super cool too, it would give us a way to do special animations directly affecting any character.

Good job and thank you again! :)
>>KaYsEr
Thank you! It's appreciate to hear you like it. (I think your "manual boring way" is already very great)

for the suggestions:
1. Displacement Filter
I tested displacement filter but I just can't make it. However I know someone made a displacement filter plugin, maybe you can use this:
http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/tkool/rpgtech/tech_mv/map/water_map_effect.html
Japanese, but you can use google translation to see the download link and How To Use. the documentation in the plugin is English so it's fine after downloading.

2. Rectangle Region
Currently I can't figure out a simple way to achieve this, but I will keep thinking.

3. particular character as target
I will add this to my update list. Not hard, so will maybe finished in this 2~3 days. Thanks for the suggestion!
update: I just added this feature. please see my update details!

Last edited:

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just updated to v2.0.5 and add some new controllers!
besides that, I also add filter-target to make the filter only effects specified character/picture; and small bug fixed.

see what's changed in v2.0.5:
・add new target Object (target->specified char/pic only)
  filter-target: what will be included in the effect.
   0: screen(map+pictures)
   1: whole-screen(including message window)
   2: map(tiles+characters)
   3: tiles
   4: all characers
   4000+id: specific character (id: -1->game Player, 0->this event, 1~->event#id)
   5: all pictures
   5000+id: specific picture (id: picture id(1~99))

example:
 createFilter eff#1 twist 3999
  ->the twist effect will only effects game player
 createFilter eff#1 twist 5001
  ->the twist effect will only effects picture #1

・add six new filter Controller(godray-np, adjustment, crt, pixelate, reflection-m, reflection-w
for the details, see the filter-list image(already updated)

・fix godray-filter iOS bug(temporarily. wait for pixi official update)
 about the bug, see here: https://github.com/pixijs/pixi-filters/pull/140

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for the update, I tried and it's even better now. Cool new filters as well!

The only thing different I can notice so far is the "BULGE" filter that behave differently now, it appears in a weird way (“too big” to simplify) if you only want it on the player or event(s), in previous versions it behaved like the "TWIST" filter (that still work fine), telling you in case it’s an easy fix.

I tested displacement filter but I just can't make it. However I know someone made a displacement filter plugin, maybe you can use this:
http://ytomy.sakura.ne.jp/tkool/rpgtech/tech_mv/map/water_map_effect.html
Japanese, but you can use google translation to see the download link and How To Use.

Don’t worry I can manage some basic Japanese (ok not really the written one, kanjis remain a pain), I lived several times in Japan previously.

It makes me think… your nickname (at least secondary one) “Tsukimi” reminds me of one of my favorite dish, hot soba with an egg in the middle that you drop raw and it cooks with the soup’s heat. Kanjis for that dish are the one for “moon” + the one for “eye” if I remember well, I guess the look of the egg’s yolk evokes “seeing the full moon” or something ahah.

Sorry for the off topic japanese food thing!^u^!

Well the plugin you linked looks cool, and it seems to use the displacement filter indeed. Too bad it’s only for the full screen and only a water behavior, we could use “displacement” to create a wave effect on an individual sprite (event) to achieve for example the effect of a flag floating with the wind, stuff like that. Not only a full screen water effect, which is not realistic when I think about it… I mean when you go diving or look at an aquarium you don’t see that ahah, this only happen if you put a thin layer of water on a glass and look at something behind that glass, not a very common situation.

I’ll keep watching your topic in case you find a way to add extra stuff. Meanwhile thanks again and take care! :)

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
>>KaYsEr
Other filters has good filter area autofit (a feature by pixi) but there may be some bug in bulgepinch; so I just updated the plugin and set the filter area of bulgepinch manually.
And I found that the specific-character target has a shift on event ID... (4001 effects event#2, which should effect #1 if normal)
also fixed this too. (so ashamed not to find this bug when testing)
Please download again.

Yeah, it's meaning is 'view the moon' in Japanese, and the egg somehow looks like the moon. Used this nickname for about 10 years!

I didn't thought of that usage(floating flags), It sounds cool!
If there is time, I will keep finding a way to make displacement OK in this plugin. Thank you!

Last edited:

microck

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to have the reflection-m without the wave effect (just like a mirror) ? If so, what's the plugin command for it ?

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to have the reflection-m without the wave effect (just like a mirror) ? If so, what's the plugin command for it ?

just set the start and end amplitude to 0 will do this work.
createFilter eff01 reflection-m 2
setFilter eff01 x 0 0 x x x x

(above commands just create a filter named 'eff01' and set amplitude to 0, other parameters don't move)

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How to use Outline, MultiColorReplace, MotionBlur,Glow?
EDIT: There's somehow call it by plugin command (in-game)?

Last edited:

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to use Outline, MultiColorReplace, MotionBlur,Glow?
EDIT: There's somehow call it by plugin command (in-game)?
Outline seems not working in RPG Maker, ColorReplace is hard to define, so I can't done this two;
Glow and MotionBlur seems good, I will do this two when there is time.
Sorry for those I haven't finished filters.

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No problems men, i have a lot of ideas for filters but i don't get how to proper do them (i'm nobbie in javascript) if you want to now about them please PM.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaneda035