Pixi Filter Controller - fancy screen effects by pixi

JulianSK

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, with this plugin, it's possible to create underwater and heat effects?

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if it's been resolved within these 6 pages of thread but I gotta ask.

I put this into a test event (plugin command):

createFilter GLOW godray 2 screen

and it works fine. But as soon as I change it to

createFilter GLOW shockwave 2 screen

it doesn't work at all. Any idea what's happening?

cji3bp62000

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, with this plugin, it's possible to create underwater and heat effects?
with displacement filter, yes.

Sorry if it's been resolved within these 6 pages of thread but I gotta ask.

I put this into a test event (plugin command):

createFilter GLOW godray 2 screen

and it works fine. But as soon as I change it to

createFilter GLOW shockwave 2 screen

it doesn't work at all. Any idea what's happening?
Weird... I copied the code "createFilter GLOW shockwave 2 screen", and it worked in my project.
In my project, it creates a shockwave on screen left-up, and propagate outwards.

Maybe you are continuously executing that command repeatly? (like auto-run of the event trigger, and forgot to put a self-switch on)
then the filter will be deleted and created every frame, making it looks like no effect.

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just retested it on another scene and it worked. Thank you!

But still, with this working:
createFilter GLOW shockwave 2 -1

other filters, like
createFilter GLOW radialblur 2 -1
createFilter GLOW twist 2 -1

don't seem to be doing anything.

Also, is it possible to tint the screen together with the filter? When I do the shockwave and a screen tint right after, it starts the shockwave, then tints, then gets back to the default as the shockwave spreads. Ideally, I would like to use some animated filter a few times with a progressive tint to make a "falling asleep effect".

cji3bp62000

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just retested it on another scene and it worked. Thank you!

But still, with this working:
createFilter GLOW shockwave 2 -1

other filters, like
createFilter GLOW radialblur 2 -1
createFilter GLOW twist 2 -1

don't seem to be doing anything.

Also, is it possible to tint the screen together with the filter? When I do the shockwave and a screen tint right after, it starts the shockwave, then tints, then gets back to the default as the shockwave spreads. Ideally, I would like to use some animated filter a few times with a progressive tint to make a "falling asleep effect".
Glad to see the previous problem is solved!

Radiablur and twist have both zero radius (or strength) when default;
to see its' effect, you need to set it to a larger radius.

I expect it shouldn't effect any function on tinting the screen, did you accidentally use flashing screen command?

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for all your help! Yes, increasing the radius helped. And I tested it on a clean scene and the tint worked as well - the map I was testing on had day mode turned on and it forced the sceen tint back to bright when the event ended.

Great plugin, will make my game's dream sequence actually readable! :D

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@cji3bp62000

Hey, I started playing around with your plugin today and I'm really digging it. I noticed a visual bug that would occur when used with DreamX's extension for Yanfly's Victory Aftermath and Aftermath Level Up Plugins. The bug is that it doesn't display messages that are supposed to show up in the message window during the battle results. [See attached image]

A link to DreamX's plugin:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/dreamxs-victory-aftermath-extension.60509/

Would you be able to look into why this is happening and fix it? DreamX isn't active any longer so I can't ask him about it. If you're currently busy I'd be willing to commission this fix.

Attachments

Last edited:

cji3bp62000

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cji3bp62000

Hey, I started playing around with your plugin today and I'm really digging it. I noticed a visual bug that would occur when used with DreamX's extension for Yanfly's Victory Aftermath and Aftermath Level Up Plugins. The bug is that it doesn't display messages that are supposed to show up in the message window during the battle results. [See attached image]

A link to DreamX's plugin:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/dreamxs-victory-aftermath-extension.60509/

Would you be able to look into why this is happening and fix it? DreamX isn't active any longer so I can't ask him about it. If you're currently busy I'd be willing to commission this fix.
I surely have few time to give supports currently:kaocry:
but I took a short look into the DreamX's plugin, and it seems like there shouldn't be a compete, we are not manipulating the same function. Maybe it is a compete between Yanfly's plugin and mine?
Could you try move my plugin upper than the DreamX's and Yanfly's plugin(in the plugin manager)?

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@cji3bp62000
Thanks for getting back to me! I tried placing it both above and below everything and it didn't work. But I'll double check that.
In the case it still doesn't solve the issue, could I commission you to fix it?

Edit:
If you're pretty busy for paid commissions as well then don't worry about it. I think I'm still going to end up using this plugin. Having these effects is cooler than having end of battle messages appear. It's not a bad trade-off. Would you be okay with me requesting this edit on the forum?

Other Edit:
Something you might want to know that may help narrow it down is that the end of battle messages are appearing through a common event that gets called by DreamX's plugin. That's what ends up calling the messages.

Last edited:

cji3bp62000

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AdamSakuru
Thank you for helping me narrow down the problem!
I'm not thinking to accept paid commissions currently, sorry. However, I will still find a time using Yanfly's and DreamX's plugin myself this week,and check where the problem is.

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@AdamSakuru
Thank you for helping me narrow down the problem!
I'm not thinking to accept paid commissions currently, sorry. However, I will still find a time using Yanfly's and DreamX's plugin myself this week,and check where the problem is.
Thank you very much. I'll help you out too if I can. If I find anything else that may narrow it down, I'll send you a DM.

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If I could make a suggestion. Currently you only have it set to use one Displacement Map image in the plugins settings. Wouldn't it be more ideal to add a new function to allow more flexibility to select the displacement map when required?

DisplacementMap <Displacement Map Filename>
Or if possible, the ability when using the "current" createFilter function.

createFilter <Name> displacement <ID> <Displacement Map Filename>
If the <Displacement Map Filename> is not set in the createFilter command, it will use the "default" image filename found in the plugin default settings.

Also, I did bring up something back a few months ago but I never got an answer regarding it. Would it be possible to add a function to affect only the "Parallax" background? This would be useful for adding liquid effects to ponds, rivers, oceans and even lava if needed. I know that there are layer plugins that can do something similar, but these work using a "linear" motion so there is no displacement "randomness" factor to doing this.

cji3bp62000

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cji3bp62000 is there a RPG Maker demo available for this plugin I would really like to use this but can't figure out in the slightest how to get this to work.
OK, If I finished it I will put it here.

If I could make a suggestion. Currently you only have it set to use one Displacement Map image in the plugins settings. Wouldn't it be more ideal to add a new function to allow more flexibility to select the displacement map when required?

Or if possible, the ability when using the "current" createFilter function.

If the <Displacement Map Filename> is not set in the createFilter command, it will use the "default" image filename found in the plugin default settings.

Also, I did bring up something back a few months ago but I never got an answer regarding it. Would it be possible to add a function to affect only the "Parallax" background? This would be useful for adding liquid effects to ponds, rivers, oceans and even lava if needed. I know that there are layer plugins that can do something similar, but these work using a "linear" motion so there is no displacement "randomness" factor to doing this.
I would prefer the DisplacementMap <Displacement Map Filename> solution.
Only-Parallax option is easy(I think), I will make these two functions in a few days. Sorry I didn't notice your reply last time, I was busy at that time.

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would prefer the DisplacementMap <Displacement Map Filename> solution.
Only-Parallax option is easy(I think), I will make these two functions in a few days. Sorry I didn't notice your reply last time, I was busy at that time.
No worries. I Just thought I would bring it up again since it's been a few months and I didn't know if you saw it or not. Thanks for looking in to the suggestions.

Now if only they (Kadokawa/Degica) could add an "after image" effect to the Pixi list, that would make things really interesting for a number of things (useful for characters "dashing" around the screen and getting rid of "per-pixel" twitching when pictures move around). Motion Blur is one thing, but it's more of a "directional" blur rather than an "after image" one. I guess I could dream... n.n;

EDIT

I've just ran in to an issue regarding specifying Pictures.

Even though I'm using the "50XX" tag, it doesn't seem to be "applying" the effect what so ever. To give you an example of what I'm talking about.

"createFilter displace displacement 5012" <- Filter to target Picture #12
"setFilter displace 2 0 200" <- Effect settings

Leaving it as just "5" seems to work as intended but "specifying" a picture with "50XX" doesn't.

EDIT 2

And I've found a semi-compatibility issue. It seems that TDDP Bind Pictures To Map completely nullifies any and all filter functions set to pictures, regardless if this plugin is above or below it (not related to the issue above). It's most likely because TDDP takes prioritization over how pictures are shown and function which means that any filter called from the Pixi Filter Controller plugin will have no effect on any pictures.

Setting the filters to anything else (tilemap, characters/events, the screen, etc) will still work as intended, just that TDDP Bind Pictures To Map will prevent this plugin from working with pictures.

I seriously just can not win when it comes to these problems... X_x;;;

Last edited:

ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'll make a demo in a few hours to a few days. It's not complicated, but it does involve a lot of going back and forth to make sure your syntax is right.

ZServ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

Very basic demo showing how to use filters, set parameters, erase, stuff like that. Feel free to experiment with it and build on it, and then re-up it for others.

also double post I'm a criminal put me in the ground moderators

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DISREGARD!

Completely posted in the wrong thread! X_X

Last edited:

yohjstw316

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,sorry to bother u.
I had a problem when I use the plugin command "createFilter tw#1 twist 0".
It shows the error message "Cannot read property 'twist' of undefined".
I try to download the scrip many times and turn off all my plugins off,but it still can't work:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
Oh, Google is now warning users against installing extensions on Edge Chromium
on my plate today- animation.
"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cadenm1223