Pixi Filter Controller - fancy screen effects by pixi

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by cji3bp62000, Jan 24, 2018.

1. sefeloth

sefeloth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    thank you very much for this! i love seeing visual effects plugins

2. youngjinna

youngjinna Villager Member

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    why filter: Noise isn't auto-animated??
    you wrote there it's auto-animated.
    i tride, that changing parameter of Noise filter (Strength, maybe).
    it doesnt' animated not at all... how do i solve this prob-- plz, help me :(

3. Espilonarge

Espilonarge Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ok, I've tried just about every single combination I can think of but no matter what I do, I can not get any filter effects to apply to any (or all) actors/enemies in a battle. Putting "createFilter nameID filterID 4" will always result in an instant error (specifically a "length" error) and using "4000 -1" or "3999" doesn't apply any effects to the enemy (the same with "4000 1" or "4001" for actors).

On top of that, I only just found out that the plugin was updated (it can now apply filters to the parallax) but the plugin author hasn't returned to the site for the past few months now so unless someone else knows how it's done, I'm pretty much SOL.

4. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    You can post issues on their Github if you have questions for them.

5. ct_bolt

ct_bolt Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Javascript
    Very incredible plugin! Well done. Great work!

I've been playing around with this for a while now, but I have a question...
    Does anyone know how it is possible to make a filter that only effects the battle background?

6. drumblepie

drumblepie Veteran Veteran

Hey, I'm trying to use this plugin and I'm not having any success. I'm assuming the plugin requires the filter effects to somehow be saved in the project's file folders? If so, how do I do that? What folder should I save them in, and how do I get them? If it was explained above I didn't understand. (The link to PIXI seemed only to bring me to their main page.)

7. Reptalia1994

Reptalia1994 Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Demo plz... i dont understand Nothing :C

drumblepie likes this.
  8. Goader

Goader Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello! Amazing mod, as i'm sure you've heard a lot. I've run into an issue with it however.

I've been toying around with the glow feature a lot, it works and looks great on the player character, but for the life of me, I can't get it to apply to other characters. It applies to them when I set the filter target to Map, though only when they're on top of a blank tile, as non-blank tiles block (or I suppose "absorb") the glow. When set to just tilesets, it avoids making characters on blank tiles glow, so I know it's differentiating them.

Trying to target "All characters" strangely only targets the player character, and any direct targeting doesn't work either.

9. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is fantastic! Thank you for making this. I wanted to study how to deal with the filters and you actually made a ready to use plugin. This will speed up my learning curve. Not to mention that the plugin is super helpful!
    Thank you.

10. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na Poker-faced creepy girl Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    whenever I use the oldfilm filter, the screen stretches vertically. Is it supposed to be like that?

11. Gabezin

Gabezin Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hi, I found the AdvancedBloomFilter shown in PIXI Filters demo very beautiful, but it is not in the effect's list included in the plugin.
    How can I add it?

12. LawrenceindaSky

LawrenceindaSky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So, I'm new to this stuff for coding and all that and I'm really interested in this plugin! But one issue I'm having is on how to add filters such as that Glitch Filter in the demo you have. May I have some help with this please? It would be very helpful!

13. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @LawrenceindaSky I actually added this today. Just download this script file and place it in your plugins folder, add it in your Plugin Manager below "FilterController.js" and enable the effect with
    Code:
    createFilter YourID glitch <slices> <offset> <direction>
    The possible values for the parameters are:
    slices: 2 to 20 (default 10)
    offset: -400 to 400 (default 100)
    direction: -180 to 180 (default 0)

You can omit the parameters to have them remain at those defaults. Hope that helps :)

PS: I didn't add Plugin Command params for the red, blue and green offsets as well as fillMode, but their defaults are set in the script file with some comments.

AestheticGamer likes this.
  14. LawrenceindaSky

LawrenceindaSky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you so much! I just felt this was needed for my game since one of my main enemies is a fourth wall breaker (Hacker-Type of guy) and can break the universe. So this Filter can add more detail to it.

15. adachis

adachis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! This is my first post. :) I found a bug and fixed it, so I just wanted to let people know in case they ran into it, too, and needed to fix it. I submitted it to Github already in case the plugin is still being revised. It seems like the dev hasn't been active on this thread for a bit so I'm not sure.

Problem

If you try to apply an effect to all characters and events using the target code 4 (for example: <Filter:rgbsplitter,rgbsplit,4>) your game will crash when a battle begins. (I assume it always will because I was able to replicate this in a fresh project.) This happens because, in the code, target code 4 only applies to map sprites and doesn't include any logic to apply it to the battle sprites instead. Because the code doesn't catch this, it tries to apply the effect to characters and events from the map while in battle. Because there aren't any, it crashes. I thought this was only happening because I added a custom effect but it still happens with the built-in effects. Fortunately, it's pretty easy to fix this error.

Solution
    You can fix this problem really quickly with a tiny bit of conditional logic. The problem occurs in case 4 of a switch statement in the FilterController.js plug-in file. That should appear on line 1404, so if you have a code editor you can find it really quickly. If not, just search for "case 4" (no quotes) because that text never appears anywhere else in the code. Now look for this line:

targets = this._spriteset._characterSprites; // special

Highlight and paste this in over it:

if (this._spriteset._characterSprites != undefined)
    {
    targets = this._spriteset._characterSprites; // special
    }

That will make the code check to see if the map sprite set is defined or not. When it is, the code will run as it normally does. When it isn't defined, however, no targets will get set which will prevent the code from applying the effect (meaning it just won't show up in a battle when you target 4 since that would break it).

This solution is very simple and doesn't actually solve the problem of still applying the effect in battle by default. There's definitely a way to check for all battle targets but I'm still new to the RPG Maker MV classes so it'd take me a couple of hours to sort that out and I have to get back to my actual work—plus, I don't need that to be fixed and don't see many uses cases for anyone needing it. :p After all, you can just target effects in battle separately which is, at the very least, is a better way to manage your game's computational requirements (regarding Pixi effects, anyway). I just wanted to get this out there in case someone else runs into the same problem so they can fix it, too! Even if you don't know any JavaScript this is a very easy fix to make. You just have to copy and paste. :)

Anyway, hope this helps!

flauros likes this.
  16. Gabezin

Gabezin Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Anyone know how?

17. cji3bp62000

cji3bp62000 Tsukimi Veteran

First Language:
    Japanese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    "bloom" filter is actually using AdvancedBloomFilter.

18. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hey there!
    this plugins looks cool, never messed about with PIXI etc. Is it possible to make a filter with a slight blur at the top ? very nooby question. sorry :barf:

19. KotoYama

KotoYama Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately, this plugin just doesn't work... Few people before me had the same issue.
    "Cannot read property (filter name) of undefined". I also tried map notes - nothing.
    Tested on versions 1.2, 1.5.1 and 1.6.1.

Any thoughts?

20. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na Poker-faced creepy girl Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think what browser you use matters. Whenever I use this plugin, the screen stretches on my computer. But it works perfectly fine on my newer laptop. Both the devices have firefox but I guess different versions.