Pixi.js + Spine

altorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello Rpg Makers,

I've been tinkering a lot with the deeper parts of RMMV's graphic engine and I've come across Spine.

Does anyone know any RMMV implementations of Spine animations?

Right now we're dealing with spritesheets but with Spine, as I understand from Pixi's and Spine's websites, you can use numeric data to perform animations instead of mostly repetitive images in a sheet.

If we're to unlock the Spine functionality, workflows in graphic animations would be reduced greatly and animations would be much smoother and we get more freedom.

For example, we can do monster and party animations in the sideview battle system, action battle system, smoother animations on world map and more.

What do you guys/gals think?

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Not from the get-go, but you could always use the plugin made for PIXI and code it yourself the animation handling...

It's for v3... I don't know if it works for v2...

But even then, there would be no integration into the ide except for the maybe selection of the image (and you'll have to work arround that too)

altorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I wonder why pixi.js (v2) in the RPG Maker installation INCLUDES Spine code (line 14026 in pixi.js). What is it for? I'm gonna test it out.

For sure it's impossible right now to be integrated to the RMMV IDE right now but myself I could sprite and code animations pretty quick.

altorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hell yeah that's good news. Thanks a lot! I wonder how easy it would be to integrate it to RMMV though. will it be as easy as replacing the pixi.js already in the installation directory? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hackerham

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hell yeah that's good news. Thanks a lot! I wonder how easy it would be to integrate it to RMMV though. will it be as easy as replacing the pixi.js already in the installation directory? :)
Nope. pixiv3 have different set of packages, pixi.math.Rectangle -> pixi.Rectangle e.t.c.

We can try use old v2 first. I assume that you want to swap monster sprites and effects with spine animation, right?

Ramiro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Man, if you want to help to move it to pixi v3, I will be pleased, a lot. I'm doing most of the work alone by now...

You can check my progress here.

Ramiro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Ok, so I help you first. I cloned repo, I'm looking at it at the moment. Added you in skype.
I'm at work and they blocked the skype at the VPN, see you later for that, if you want to talk, I can still connect from a freenode irc =/

(because not even the web version of skype works...)

Tyrael79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I just came across spine http://esotericsoftware.com/ and was wondering if anyone managed to get it working within RPG Maker MV, it seems a lot more efficient way of making characters, especially for the battle scenes.

Hackerham

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Starting from version 1.3.1, you can use pixi-spine with you game, thought there's no support in RPGMV editor, and I dont know about that kind of plans.

Somebody has to create a plugin that will load&cache the spine models and then create instances in the battle. Pixi-spine can take care of formats and rendering just fine :)  

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.<
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
The BIGGEST immersion breaker for Sword Art Online is that Kirito keeps finding overpowered playstyles using "bad things nobody uses cuz its bad". Players WILL use bad gear BECAUSE it's bad.
When I said I'd make 20 games in 2020, I scared myself. Now it's mid-February, and I've made 6 games. So I got this. But, then again...do I got this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ally_dwight