PIXI - simplify or complexify the matter?

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, i've just found out about Pixijs for RPGMV recently. I wonder that use PIXI will simplify the problems or just make it more complex compare to use functions MV has offered?
Can you give me examples of how simpler (more complex) when solve a same task with PIXI compare to MV functions?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't exactly undestand what you mean xD. RPG Maker MV is PIXI based basically, at least the renderer. The classes written in RPG Maker MV for graphics are subclasses of PIXI classes, specifically the Sprite class which is written for MV. If you are talking about events its another thing, but since you are on the Learning Javascript board I will talk only about the coding. You can use basically anything for PIXI on RPG Maker MV, if you use the Sprite class you will have no problem with whatever you want to do with PIXI. I wouldn't use PIXI functions directly like,

var picture = PIXI.Sprite.fromImage('your_picture.png');

That would be using a superclass of a class writter for MV, just use
var picture = new Sprite();
picture.bitmap = ImageManager.load....

It will be basically the same thing, just that one is raw, and the other has been formatted for MV, but all the PIXI Sprite functions are still inside the RPG Maker MV Sprite class, I would use it instead, unless you for some reason want to use PIXI outside RPG Maker, if not, then stick with the Sprite class, it has everything PIXI has and has been written to simplify some things.

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Raizen , is there any case you want to use PIXI outside of rpgMV?

Raizen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah, PIXI is almost if it you don't already consider, an engine by itself. You could use it for any JS development, usually looking at websites/html game, which happens to be the case for MV, but you could import PIXI for other engines also for whatever reason you need to. PIXI existed way before MV was even thought to be created haha, I think MV using it is one of the best things ever made for us that like the engine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lopilon