PIXI V2 to PIXI V3

Hackerham

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Is there a way we can ever make canvas fallback 5x faster rather then slower lol? Android devices seem to be mostly using canvas.
I moved everything in separate plugin, please enable it in rpgmaker window. It uses original canvas implementation if there's no webgl:

```javascript

this._tilemap = Graphics.isWebGL()? (new ShaderTilemap()) : (new Tilemap());

```

xhh2a

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Interesting, will look into integrating this into my rewrite of quite a bit of MV's classes. Keep up the good work. :)

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So is this something i download or what? I'm sort of confused.

Hackerham

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
1. Git Clone this: https://github.com/holywyvern/mv-pixi-upgrade .

2a. copy "js" and "html" files into your project.

2b. OR copy all your project into that folder, that way you wont change original project.

3. open editor and add/enable "shaderTilemap" plugin

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramiro

Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
The tilemap is rewritten as a plugin, so you may just download that plugin and put it in your project.

It works with both v2 and v3 versions

Hackerham

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
The tilemap is rewritten as a plugin, so you may just download that plugin and put it in your project.

It works with both v2 and v3 versions
It doesnt work with v2, only with your conversion.

I pushed this version into repo, so there's no need to download plugin separately from mv_pixi_upgrade :)

xhh2a

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
You should use the split js files version instead of the humongous singular files. Just my two cents.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, for the most part it seems to run fine for me.

Though i do notice some glitching graphics that pop in the first time you boot up the game and run into a troop of enemies, it appears at first, then each battle after that it no longer appears. It's the only issues i have found thus far.

In fact i'm using a fog script,  And i have 4 different fogs using 4 different blend mods all scrolling in 4 different directions.. no a bit of lag, stays at a steady 60FPS for me.

I do notice slight lag when you come up close to the edges of the map, it struggles for a moment drop down to 30FPS then zips back up to 60 once you move against the edge of the screens.

Otherwise i find it awesome i can even show multiple pictures and it works swimmingly!

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Tried it on a small project I use as a demo and I got a lot of bugs and slow FPS, even after removing all the plugins I had.

I'll see if I can fix anything myself.

The most obvious issue I got :

An entire spriteset randomly blinks on screen when I'm walking through bushes. It also appears when I first load the game but only once.

Edit: According to chrome's profile, the method that is responsible for the lag is textImage2D, used when drawing the auto tiles.

Don't know if that profile tool is reliable.

Ramiro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
You know, we actually have a list of issues at github for that kind of bugs, and the flickering is already reported...

If you plan to have an update in fps, consider using the tilemap plugin included.

If you really find out a new one then, report it... If you didn't don't worry, I'll mark as duplicate the issue :p

And no, the flickering does not happend when you cross bushes, it happens anytime, even on battle when you change motions, that's why it's hard to look for why it happens.

It may be a relation between them and the animation offsets...

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, right.

Anyway I'll try to look into it myself.

Already found a way to reproduce it consistently.

eivl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, right.

Anyway I'll try to look into it myself.

Already found a way to reproduce it consistently.
How can this be reproduced?

Anisoft

Great Desu King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So how has progress been? I've noticed a lot of great changes/improvements. I've looked at some of the code myself and will try to see if I can make any changes myself though I'm not making any promises. 

So far I've noticed an improvement when using the blur filters. In MV v2 if you used a blur filter set to 0, the image would still be slightly blurred, in v3, no such thing happens, so its great to know that works!

Ramiro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
It's still just as it was like a month ago, not really any different, I am quite busy at work and I'm working on other things for now really.

I am experimenting with webgl on my own, for now.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ei guys, just to bump it up. I would like to reward the hardworkers on this project! Please PM me for any incentive you might want :D

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ei guys, just to bump it up. I would like to reward the hardworkers on this project! Please PM me for any incentive you might want :D
Replacement of the original dev team with these guys would be a start :p

Hackerham

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
 @Archeia I PM'ed you. Im one of contributors in pixi.js, we are ready to help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
impfenden