PIXI V2 to PIXI V3

Anisoft

Great Desu King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So what exactly is there left to do? It seems a lot of the core functionality is there, so whats left to refine and or fix?

Gwydian

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Started working with the migration project in a test game then decided to essentially start over and track the changes I was making to correct issues in my own repository.  My test game data and code edits may be found here, https://bitbucket.org/caladier/rmmv-pixitest  .  If others have tests for the migration to contribute that would be of great help as I aim to check if this is nearing parity with the default RPG Maker implementation before looking at optimizations.  I've mostly concerned myself with ensuring the editor event commands continue to perform as expected for the time being.  Learning quite a bit about the inner workings of both Pixi and RPG Maker MV in my troubleshooting. Hopefully, we can see a successful Pixi version migration soon!

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Don't give up do your best!! Yay :) Cant wait to see who you will progress and the next month! For a always better and great RPG Maker :D

Hackerham

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
@Gwydian @Val

I'm doing official conversion to v3, I also contribute to new-born pixi-v4. Latest news: ADD and SCREEN blendmodes are fixed in both v2 and v3.

Val

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
@Gwydian @Val

I'm doing official conversion to v3, I also contribute to new-born pixi-v4. Latest news: ADD and SCREEN blendmodes are fixed in both v2 and v3.
Wow! Can't wait to see that in action, have fun doing the conversion :D  I'm sure we will make good use to make even better rpg maker game :D

Gwydian

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome news about the blend modes and conversion, best of luck to the team with the conversion. 

Anisoft

Great Desu King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Gwydian @Val

How does one get the newly updated v2 (with the fixes for blend modes.) As it stands, I'm using a plugin to fix ADD, but I don't have one for SCREEN.

I also wanted to know how the progress for the v3 conversion was going? What resources and help do you need? (Both Gwydian or Hackerham)

Hairy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Keep up the good work!

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good luck! Can't wait for this. :)

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Me either.  Having proper screen effects would improve a lot of my art significantly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Gwydian @Val

Glad to have someone like you here. I was honestly kind of giving up a bit because lack of control that NA has on RPG Maker. But you guys been doing great keeping us updated and communicating.

Thanks and looking forward to it :)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soulwire