BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like to experiment with food and pizza is a very excellent test object. You can put so many different things onto it.
So I like to know, what was the most extraordinary ingredient you've ever put onto a pizza?

I replaced the tomato sauce with vanilla pudding and kept the rest of the ingredients, e.g. cheese, as they are.
To my surprise I actually liked it, when I've eaten it for the first time. For me tasted very good.
My family members who always tell me to never call something ugly before actually eating it, call it ugly without ever eating it.
I've already done that twice.
I am currently struggling whether I should try it out with chocolate pudding the next time.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There's an Italian restaurant near me that makes the best specialty pizzas, on a semi-thick crust. Some of their choices for toppings sound like very strange choices, but I've tried varieties such as these and they are freaking delicious:
  • Ravioli a la Vodka pizza (cheese or meat ravioli, vodka sauce, mozzarella, diced tomatoes, bacon)
  • Steak & Fries pizza (mozzarella, cream sauce, grilled steak, french fries)
  • Chicken Milanese pizza (breaded chicken cutlet, roast red pepper, mozzarella, sliced tomato, shredded lettuce, garlic, balsalmic glaze)
The weirdest pizza creation I've personally ever made (since I had a spare pizza crust from a pizza-making class I took) was a dessert pizza, with a lemon-cinnamon sauce, coconut, and chocolate morsels. Tasted great when I made it, though the sauce thickened and hardened once it cooled down so the second time I ate it, out of the fridge... not so good. :aswt:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We have a pizza place near me which serves a potato pie pizza. It is an olive oil sauce, cheese, potatoes bacon and once it is cooked sour cream drizzled on top. It's actually really good.

For making, I used to work at Pizza Hut, we tried about anything we could for our employee meals to spice it up. The weirdest I ever saw was an employee put every single ingredient we owned on one pizza, with the exception of anchovies, the taco mix, and the BBQ sauce. He said it tasted like goulash.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to work at a pizza place and I would make a veggie pizza with most of the veggies on our salad bar, including brocolli. Some of the guys I worked with would make a "sphaghizza" - a pizza with spaghetti on it.

Not too crazy, but we used to get a breakfast pizza from a local BBQ joint. It was amazing, had scrambled eggs, some sort of incredible creamy white sauce, potatoes and smoked meat on it.

KoalaFrenzy

Eucalyptus Salad. Every day.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My wife makes chicken, bacon, and crab carbonara. But I'm not a big fan of pasta, so I put the carbonara on a pizza crust instead of tomato sauce. Doesn't need toppings except for a layer of mozzarella cheese.

So good!

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love weird pizzas, so when I found a place near me that had so many odd combos I was in heaven. Sadly that store closed, but I still plan on making the pizzas myself when I get the pizza urge. Two of my favorites were:
  • Olive oil, maple glazed ham, salami, goat cheese, romano, capers and fried sweet peppers
  • Basil pesto, mozzarella, goat cheese, cajun bacon, peppadew peppers, roasted garlic and honey
For pizzas I made myself, I found dumping old chinese take out onto a cheese pizza to be tastier than expected.

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I make mine using flatbread since it crisps faster than a regular crust, using fairly traditional stuff: Tomatoes, ham, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, and pineapple. (Not all at once, of course).

Something I did once when the wife and I had no flatbread or crusts around: Grab a burrito-sized flour tortilla, coat half of it on pizza sauce, put some mozarella cheese and finely cut ham and mushrooms, not a lot, again only on half of the tortilla. Fold it, and grill it on a pan. BOOM. Quick as a quesadilla, tasty like pizza. I call them "Pizzadillas".

ozubon

surströmming?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sweden has its national pizza dish - kebabpizza. You might have heard of meatballs or smörgåsbord but it's the kebabpizza which is the in house fame. It's the contents of döner kebab on a pizza. Go to any pizza place anywhere in that desolate forest country and you'll find kebabpizza. The even better version, albeit rarer, is my favorite kebabpommespizza, which is döner kebab with fries on a pizza.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sweden has its national pizza dish - kebabpizza. You might have heard of meatballs or smörgåsbord but it's the kebabpizza which is the in house fame. It's the contents of döner kebab on a pizza. Go to any pizza place anywhere in that desolate forest country and you'll find kebabpizza. The even better version, albeit rarer, is my favorite kebabpommespizza, which is döner kebab with fries on a pizza.
Yeah, we have that in the UK too. Great guilty pleasure, but enough sodium to make you hung over the next day without any need for booze!!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
All I know was that when I was in Tokyo once, and they had pizza at the office, and one of them was shrimp and corn and that really did not appeal.

Eggs on pizza though is great.

Eggs on about everything is great.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All I know was that when I was in Tokyo once, and they had pizza at the office, and one of them was shrimp and corn and that really did not appeal.

Ah, the infamous Ebi-Mayo! That's one of Pizza-La's more well-known pizzas in Japan.

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I'm from India so Its only natural for me to come up with something exotic which mimics my Native Cultural Rice dish :

(Haven't tried making this but i would love to one day)

Pizza Base : No Red Sauce, But a Brown Gravy instead as a Base
(Indian Brown Gravy : Constitutes of Finely cooked Tomato, Mushrooms, Onion, Capsicum with Ginger, Cinnamon, Peppercorns and few other spices)

Toppings : Semi Cooked Rice (Just sprinkled around lightly here n there), Garlic Mayo, Cottage Cheese cubes and slightly roasted Fenugreek Leaves

Extra Toppings : Drizzle with Olive Oil and Basil

Note : This would have No Pizza Sauce or Mozzarella / Cheddar Cheese on it. I'm a Vegetarian, If you prefer you may try any Finely cooked Meat topping on this, that goes well with rice.

PS : If there are any Italians here, Please don't kill me..

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, the infamous Ebi-Mayo! That's one of Pizza-La's more well-known pizzas in Japan.

I was also amazed at how expensive Domino's was in Japan. I tried to explain to them that like, I got domino's two mediums (which were the sizes of their larges) for like 6 bucks a piece in the US.

A large specialty pizza at Domino's in Japan was like some kind of absurd price, like 4000 yen or something.

(On the other side, oh god the amazing cheap sushi in Japan. Better than anything I've ever had stateside at just a random revolving sushi place near my hotel that was like 120-140 yen a plate.)

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One of my favorite pizza infusions is basically a taco pizza, but add pepperoni. And instead of crust, it's on a tortilla. I call it quesodizza. :p

Another thing I love to make is pull-apart pizza muffins (like monkey bread), but I love it with BBQ pulled pork or philly cheese steak toppings inside. *Drools*

-MIA

FinalBossMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never strayed too far from normal ingredients, HOWEVER.. when I developed a dairy allergy, I obviously had to get rid of cheese. My normal standard at the time was a simple cheese and pepperoni pizza. Now I just stack on the meat and veggies in a deep dish pizza (pepperoni, italian sausage, mushrooms, black olives).. it's fantastic!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.
I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wizard54