Phoenixsylph

=w= just chillin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
>x< sorry I'm a little new to this part. I noticed yanfly has an animated sideview enemy thing,

but i noticed lack of monster sprites that walk around in game--

I looked around for people who were kind enough to let me use their stuff with credit ;w;
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/willowisp-ghost-slime-animals.68918/ Kinda like this!

I googled and couldn't find anything so I wouldn't have to bother anyone.

How do you go about animating a sprite that walks around or, make it move?

there are multiple frames shown that the enemy like the slime moves yet, even if I add it in via troop it just shows up with all of the frames, still, not moving with white around it ;x;

I see all these lovely moving enemy sprites, and these lovely animated battlers for troops and I have no idea how to use them ;x;!

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First things first: the spritesheets I see in the thread you mention are meant for the overworld, not for battles.
Also, the white around the sprites happens when the spritesheet has no transparency. (Note: MS Paint does not support transparency, and will replace all transparency with white if used to edit an image that has transparency)

In order to have animated enemies, you'll need a plugin, like this one: http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/13/yep-44-animated-sideview-enemies/

Then, you'd have to make a battler spritesheet that follows this template, and assign it to an enemy through a note tag:
OB0rLBf.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sorry, lot of unexpected hospital things. I'm trying. Life is hectic atm. I know it must seem like I say this every week. XD Anybody wanna trade me for awhile so I can game test and game make?
I love running events, I hate setting up all the awards at the end. >_> But you know, gotta do it :B :B :B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerodynamic877