BeanCanDev

Can of Beans
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So at the point I’m at with my game, I’ve got a plains area. I’ve looked around for tips for that but couldn’t find anything. Any tips on how to not make such an area boring?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Including even slight height variation is a good way to keep a map from being too visually boring. Flowing water is also a good way to visually break up an area.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's a forest type of area then trees, rocks, flowers helps a lot. Height variation as Sleepy Kitten mention is a good way too.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are a dozen "game and map screenshot" topics here on the forum where people have shown off their maps for critique. Look through them and learn what others did with similar maps and how it was critiqued.

ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try looking up 'rocky grassland' images and see what kind of stuff you can add in that will add interest and direction on your maps. As said already in the thread, water features can do a lot, too. There are a lot of plains or grassland biomes that have a lot more features than people usually think.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember when people had the ability to have meaningful conversations on platforms like twitter or facebook? Good times... Nowadays is absolute crap.
All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.
I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pazzow