Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
~♦PLANETARIUM♦~
 ​
Genre: Fantasy Action RPG

This is technically my first rpg maker game, so forgive me if I make any noob mistakes in this forum. I started rpg maker because a friend got it for me, along with the task of making a game for him. Now that I have it, I figure I should use it to it's full extent and make even more games! Planetarium is based on a story I've had in mind for a few years now. It was originally going to be a comic, but a game is just as good.

DEVELOPMENT
The game is about 25% done.
Planetarium Demo v0.1 Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bmhwub7jy2go76y/Planetarium.exe*Note: please let me know if there are any issues with the download or the game itself.*

Controls:

Arrows: move

F: use weapon

G: guard

R/T/Y/U: use skills

H/J: use items

♦STORY
Mythology tells of a world where beings made of stardust dwell, known as the Cosmic Realm. These beings, called celestial spirits, are physical embodiments of celestial objects and phenomena. The spirits are divided into three classes: the upper class, which are all those related to stars, the middle class, moons and planets, and the lower class, made of dwarf planets, comets, asteroids, and the like. The lower class is looked down upon, not even being allowed on upper or middle class territory.
In the solar system ruled by the sun, Lord Helios, a spirit named Hades was found, and named Helios' ninth planet. For years, he lived with them like family. But one day, Hades, now known as Pluto, is suspected of being a dwarf planet. He is chased out by his own allies, and forced to leave the Cosmic Realm entirely. Pluto escapes into the Material Realm, where humans reside on planet Earth. There, he hopes to start his life anew, even befriending a girl named Erika. However, only six months after his arrival, Helios' eight planets are hot on his tail. Helios wants Pluto brought to him, dead or alive, and his once allies will be the ones to carry out this demand. Now, with the help of new and old friends alike, Pluto must stand against Helios' army, dismantle the class system of the Cosmic Realm, and thwart a plan to exterminate all humanity!

CHARACTERS♦
 PLUTO.pngPLUTO♦

The protagonist of the game. Pluto was once considered a planet, but due to recent discoveries, is now classified as a dwarf planet. Given that he lived among upper and middle class spirits, they naturally rejected him. He now hides among the humans on Earth, hoping that he can start a new life in peace.He uses the element of ice and his weapon of choice is a knife.
erika.pngERIKA

The girl who finds Pluto when he first arrives on Earth. She grew up having hardly any friends, and most people called her a weirdo. However, she started a club called the Supernatural Investigations Club (SIC), and through that, made a few new friends. She is oblivious to the existence of celestial spirits, but will come to learn just how close to it she really is.
neptune.png♦NEPTUNE

The spirit of the planet Neptune, he was once Pluto's closest friend of the eight planets. After learning that Pluto is a dwarf planet, Neptune starts to question why the class system exists. He is determined to find his own answers and seeks Pluto's help to do so.He can manipulate water and fights with a trident.
terra.pngTERRA

Terra is the spirit of planet Earth. She is currently sick due to pollution on the Earth by humans. While most spirits say she should get rid of the humans, Terra feels obligated to watch over and protect them. While she is a loyal friend to Helios, she begins to notice his unreasonable actions that could put humans in danger.She can manipulate earth and uses a giant hammer.
mars.pngMARS

Mars is a very violent individual. Fighting is all he really cares about. He enjoys fighting Pluto and considers him a rival (though still believing he is stronger). He is using the mission to capture Pluto as an excuse for the two of them to fight to the death.His weapons include gauntlets and a spear, as well as the ability to create meteors.

SCREENSHOTS♦
screenshot6.pngscreenshot5.png

screenshot4.png

screenshot3.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot7.png

FEATURES♦
- Falcao's Pearl ABS Liquid v3- Replayable Arcade Mode

- 13 Playable Characters

- Dynamic Story Mode (a lot of cutscenes)

- Ability to skip most of said cutscenes!

- Unlockable Skills and Weapons for Each Character

- Alternate Outfits for Certain Characters

- Space Log: Mode where you can view more information about the story, the characters, and the world of Planetarium (in progress)

ADDITIONAL INFO♦
The upcoming demo will include only the Arcade Mode.There will be 4 playable characters available in demo v0.1 (two must be unlocked). More characters will become available in future updates.

There is not a lot of exploration; the game follows a general storyline. About the first half will mostly involve cutscenes directly followed by battles.

CREDITS♦
Scripts:Yanfly

Yami

Falcao

Hime

Enterbrain

Music:

Tokimonsta

Sound Horizon

Alice Nine

Siam Shade

Enterbrain

Graphics:

Gaia Online

0circle0

Ahmad

Anonymous Icon Makers

LegendaryGameMaker

Enterbrain

Last edited by a moderator:

AceofSpades

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update! Demo v0.1 released.

Artificer

Creator of worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[SIZE=10.5pt]Hey i played your demo and made a review of it:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The idea is pretty cool, i like also how do you implement the script battle system in real time, i just wonder some things, when you fight in a stage and you die, the next opponent is new as if you progress beating the last fighter, also when i was trying to change characters the slot button H and J does not work at all. I must tell that you way to improve the menu using the basic ace resources are pretty cool, and the start screen is cool too. I just want to try to make an opinion about if the demo version, if is just focused on the arcade mode is fine, but it could be nice see also a piece of the history like see some cutscenes or hear something about the history on the game itself. The music is ok, i think you used well the tracks but could be better change the menu music for something less listened, ah yea, could be cool if in the menu implement something as a tutorial battle, i did not realize the timer before each attack under the icon at the beginning, about the graphics it needs some little work the scenarios.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I really like the way you manage unlock stuff =).[/SIZE]

AceofSpades

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[SIZE=10.5pt]Hey i played your demo and made a review of it:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The idea is pretty cool, i like also how do you implement the script battle system in real time, i just wonder some things, when you fight in a stage and you die, the next opponent is new as if you progress beating the last fighter, also when i was trying to change characters the slot button H and J does not work at all. I must tell that you way to improve the menu using the basic ace resources are pretty cool, and the start screen is cool too. I just want to try to make an opinion about if the demo version, if is just focused on the arcade mode is fine, but it could be nice see also a piece of the history like see some cutscenes or hear something about the history on the game itself. The music is ok, i think you used well the tracks but could be better change the menu music for something less listened, ah yea, could be cool if in the menu implement something as a tutorial battle, i did not realize the timer before each attack under the icon at the beginning, about the graphics it needs some little work the scenarios.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I really like the way you manage unlock stuff =).[/SIZE]

Ah man, this makes me really happy. I was hardly expecting anyone to play it, but you even gave it a review! :D

Action battle systems are pretty hard to work with for a novice such as myself. And yeah, people always seem to like the idea and story most. I know about a lot of the problems that still exist in the demo, but I figured I just wanted to post its progress for now, and would of course fix the bugs in following demos. I'm not sure about the first problem you mentioned, however. Whenever I play the demo, you go to a game over screen then to the title screen automatically after you die. Also, the reason H and J don't do anything is because the "character" items are supposed to be unusable during battle. What the character items mean is that you can choose that character to play as in the character select screen. I apologize for the confusion there, I haven't found a way to make those specific items unable to be selected.

Thanks a lot for the review~! I wanted to do something different, because I haven't seen many fighting games made using rpgmaker, if at all. I planned to use different music as well as include some of the story mode and history of the game in future demos. At the moment, I got caught up with the game I'm making for my friend, but I will definitely come back to this game and improve it!

Artificer

Creator of worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem bro your ideas are cool!, and i think all battle issues will be fine with just a tutorial on the guys that does not know how to work the battle system =), Yea tell me after you complete the demo for a walktrought also =)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I_got_lonely.jpg
So I was working with the save system (yes I'm going to at least use RM's save system, I'm not a total monster)... And I realized I was lonely so I brought along some friends to test stuff out. :LZSexcite:
1653529725808.png
>Wake up in the night
>Can't sleep
>Draw little freak
>Come up with pancake based puns for attacks
>Back to bed
UHHHHH. What is this and how did someone find my game on here? 1653527395160.png
ScreenShot_5_25_2022_7_37_13.png

my game has distinct areas where travel through what are known as "battle stations" these are more or less areas to explore and fight. occasionally, you'll stumble across secret rooms with sidequests ready to be taken. this area is in the high school attic of all places... but how do ya get there is the question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillianAxe