Planetary/Solar System/Interstellar Tilesets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diego2112

The Gaming Gamer Who Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have the Future Tilesets, and the Future Character sets.  Those are great!  But what I'm looking for are actual planets (not parallax pictures, unless I can get an entire solar system).

What I'm looking to do is have a complete solar/interstellar system going on so the player can visit different planets to collect resources.  The field tiles just don't cut it for making a decent looking planetoid, unfortunately.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the proper direction on finding such things, preferably free to use, as I'm pretty much flat broke after all the RPG Maker Steam Sales and Humble Bundle for my wife and best friend!

IF it comes to it, I might could learn to Gimp (I cannot art for crap).  Any advice on THAT end would be appreciated as well!

Thanks in advance!

Diego2112

The Gaming Gamer Who Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There are moon tiles floating around. Maybe these can help you?
Those will be great for actually making the planet surface, yes!  Will post in that thread about commercial usage restrictions and whatnot.  Didn't see any listed, but if nothing else, I now know I CAN essentially just pallet swap the RTP to get something decent for the world-building part of it.

Here's a link to a thread that was asking for something similar (I think). Maybe something there would help. http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/20408-celestial-bodies/
Scared to necropost in that thread asking about commercial usage, is it kosher, do you know one way or the other?

And THANK YOU SO MUCH-those tiles are EXACTLY what I was looking for-and the way they LOOK is spot on to what I was seeing in my mind!  My wife (pretty decent with the Gimp for coloring-not done any scratchwork yet) might even be able to recolor/resize them, if I'm lucky.

But yes-THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.  SPOT.  FRIGGIN'.  ON.

And the one thing I DIDN'T search, "Celestial Bodies."  I searched "Planets," "Moons," "Solar System," "Universe..."

Yeah...

I am SO EXCITE RIGHT NOW.  THIS IS NOPING AWESOME!  *bows low*  You two are my heroes!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The necroposting thing isn't a rule in the resource sharing sections, so go right ahead and post. I don't know myself.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.<
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
The BIGGEST immersion breaker for Sword Art Online is that Kirito keeps finding overpowered playstyles using "bad things nobody uses cuz its bad". Players WILL use bad gear BECAUSE it's bad.
When I said I'd make 20 games in 2020, I scared myself. Now it's mid-February, and I've made 6 games. So I got this. But, then again...do I got this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ally_dwight