Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well it thows you a error in the face every time you start it with Wine but after that works like a charm! (the error however also can be fixed by installing msvcr120.dll using winetricks, thanks normegil for pointing this out)

(Map Creation, Play Test and Battle was tested using the non steam version)

I created a linux support toppic to help people making it run if it doesn't work out of the box for them: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47207-the-unoffical-linux-support-thread/?p=471581

Bildschirmfoto2.png

Bildschirmfoto1.png

Also Mac OS Support is accessable from Windows and Linux too:

Clipboard03.jpg

The Android/iOS export is the Plain HTML5 version but only with the .m4a sound files included (which aren't loaded by firefox i.e. so for websites just copy over bouth soundfiles the ogg and m4a).

The Windows and Mac OS export adds a respective native HTML5 wrapper to it (and a somewhat complicated folder structure for Mac, guess to conform some packaginge standarts of the holy apple?)

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

Hope someone helps the information i have shared

Last edited by a moderator:

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the update on how well it works on Linux.  I assume it works well because of the fact it's using HTML5 as its base for the engine.  As for the Android export, it was already explained that it spits out what you need to actually build it into an Android App with various things needing to be downloaded and installed first.  Check out the Help File for more information and links to what you need. :)

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well it looks like the editor uses qt

Normegil

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Well it thows you a error in the face every time you start it with Wine but after that works like a charm!

(Map Creation, Play Test and Battle was tested using the non steam version)
The error at the start is solve by using the native msvcr120.dll in wine (at least with wine 1.7.50).

Personnaly, I cannot activate it (non-steam version) with the following log:

fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 67 of CGID_ShellDocView

fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 63 of CGID_ShellDocView

fixme:mshtml:nsHttpChannelInternal_SetDocumentURI (0x151800)->()

fixme:ieframe:ClientSite_GetContainer (0x152ddc)->(0x333a4c)

fixme:urlmon:InternetBindInfo_GetBindString not supported string type 20

fixme:mshtml:HttpNegotiate_GetRootSecurityId (0x64da8a0)->(0x33354c 0x333134 0)

fixme:urlmon:InternetBindInfo_GetBindString not supported string type 12

fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 25

fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 26

fixme:ieframe:DocHostUIHandler_GetDropTarget (0x152ddc)

fixme:ieframe:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 28

fixme:ieframe:DocObjectService_IsErrorUrl 0x1566e8 L"file://C:\\users\\normegil\\Temp\\HTM95cb.tmp" 0x3354d0

fixme:ieframe:handle_navigation_error Navigate to error page

fixme:mshtml:nsChannel_IsNoCacheResponse (0x151800)->(0x334d8a)

Not sure what it's related to, but maybe IE or a SSL problem.

Edit: You should also use msvcrp120.dll in native. I required it for the animations.

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I applied to maintain the the appdb entry on winehq for the rpg maker series

Application Maintainer Request Report
-------------------------------------------------------
Your application to be the maintainer of RPG Maker has been accepted.
//appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=937

We appreciate your help in making the Application Database better for all users.

Best regards.
The AppDB team
//appdb.winehq.org/

If you don't want to receive any other e-mail, please change your preferences:
//appdb.winehq.org/preferences.php

I feel sooo offical now ^^ (for something offically unsupported xD)
I will create a new toppic for linux help since this would getting offtopic here (the post was only intendet to show first pics of the different export files)

Edit: new toppic here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/47207-the-unoffical-linux-support-thread/?p=471581

blurymind

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

orlando

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
A linux native editor would be AMAZING. I already put in hundreds of hours using wine, but as said above the editor is a bit sluggish and more importantly, crashy. Having a native version would be very appreciated!

EnMod

noelquiles.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Seconded for a native Linux client.  Given that it seems to use Qt I'm sure a native client shouldn't be too too far of a stretch.

ReidenLightman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I might move my workflow to my Linux machine then. Although, still gonna see if anything native comes.

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Just tested the new version: Works nerly flwlessly out of the box, only thing is that the font when playtesting doesn't get rendered correctly but it's still readable (just has some weired black edges)

ReidenLightman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just tested the new version: Works nerly flwlessly out of the box, only thing is that the font when playtesting doesn't get rendered correctly but it's still readable (just has some weired black edges)

I have similar font problems in other programs being rendered through Wine. Everything is still workable since it is just slight.

has anyone had any success running steam version through Wine?

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
should be working fine as well

i would install steam using winetricks which makes some fixes automatically that are needed for steam to work fine

winetricks should be in every linux repository, when installed just run

winetricks steam

or better

env WINEPREFIX="/home/<Your_Username>/.wine_steam" winetricks steam

which isolates the changes winetricks makes from other wine programms

Tigersong

Furry Fellow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just tried the "separate prefix" trick replacing "wine_steam" with "wine-steam". Result-

[QUOTEwine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string, error message "wine: invalid directory home/jorin/.wine-steam in WINEPREFIX: not an absolute path"][/QUOTE]

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
you forgot the leading "/' before "home":
/home/jorin/.wine-steam

(background info for better understanding: paths in linux that beginn with "/" are absolute paths, which means they always refere to the same location regardless of your current working directory. when no leading "/" is used the lin ux shell interprets the path as a relative path aka normally apends it to your current working directory (for example if you open a console you normally start in your home folder: /home/jorin/, when you now use "cd Downloads" the "Downloads" is a relative path aka the location you land is: /home/jorin/Downloads".
However wineprefix doesn't support relative paths so you have to use absolute path that start with "/".
PS.: If you want to know your current working directory use the command "pwd".)

but if you use steam why not try the native linux client? that makes all this wine hassle obsolete ^^

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dev be like: "I'll make the character goes amnesia so I could explain the world and the lore better and immersive to the players"
Whoever decided that the 5th area of Xenoblade 3 had to be THAT big and be explored in the manner it does needs to be shot. My OCD cannot leave a tiny shard of the map hidden and those controls can go right on and f*** themselves. -.-

/rant off
Raggon wrote on NoPatience's profile.
:kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BagOfAnts