Play animation in front of player relative to direction (Map)

nintendowii111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using QABS and while i can already play an animation in front of the player(all on map), it doesn't change direction with the player. So basically if I have a sword animation. it will work facing down, but not any other way,(animation doesn't stay with characters direction.) If anyone is up for this it be greatly appreciated!

Cormorant42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll check it out tomorrow & see what I can do.

Cormorant42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am very stupid.

After digging through QABS, rpg_sprites, PIXI, and a whole bunch of stack overflow, I have what's probably a pretty good base for what you want. I haven't tested it because I'm too lazy to actually configure QABS, so there's a good chance my plugin won't work (yet). That being said, I was just reading Quxios's documentation for QABS and stumbled upon this gem:
  • picture [FILE NAME] [ROTATABLE? TRUE or FALSE] [BASE DIRECTION]
    • Bind a picture to the skill
    • FILE NAME: The file name of the picture. Should be located in the Pictures folder. For an animated picture it should have the format:
      • %[COLS-SPEED]
      • COLS: The number of slices in the picture
      • SPEED: The time to wait between frames
    • ROTATABLE: Set to true or false. If true the picture will rotate based on the direction the skill is moving
    • BASE DIRECTION: The direction the skill is facing by default. The directions should be 2, 4, 6, or 8
  • trail [FILE NAME] [ROTATABLE? TRUE or FALSE] [BASE DIRECTION]
    • Binds a picture that stretches from the user to the skills position
    • FILE NAME: The file name of the picture. Should be located in the Pictures folder.
    • ROTATABLE: Set to true or false. If true the picture will rotate based on the direction the skill is moving
    • BASE DIRECTION: The direction the skill is facing by default. The directions should be 2, 4, 6, or 8
I'm 90% sure that one of those two skill sequences has the answer you're looking for. I uploaded the beta version of my patch anyway.

Attachments

nintendowii111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am very stupid.

After digging through QABS, rpg_sprites, PIXI, and a whole bunch of stack overflow, I have what's probably a pretty good base for what you want. I haven't tested it because I'm too lazy to actually configure QABS, so there's a good chance my plugin won't work (yet). That being said, I was just reading Quxios's documentation for QABS and stumbled upon this gem:

I'm 90% sure that one of those two skill sequences has the answer you're looking for. I uploaded the beta version of my patch anyway.
Lol my bad. I should have looked closer at the abs Manuel. Sorry for wasting your time but thanks for the help!

Cormorant42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, it's never stupid to tackle a problem in your own way, even if it's already done differently by something else. :)
Oh, the trying to tackle it wasn't the stupid part. The stupid part was that I only skimmed through the documentation and missed something that would have saved me a bunch of time lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

The GIF of this seemed too cool to bury in replies. :LZSwink:
You may have slept with my aunt... but, given the circumstances, cheers.

- Professor Ian Duncan, 2013
Ami
--- Swimming ---

F.Knight: This Shrine always Flood. We don't have a choice,we have to Swimming in this place
F.Healer: That Insane!
F.Mage: We can use…Boat,rather than Swimming
F.Knight: You guys…Can't Swim?
F.Healer & F.Mage: (Shocked) Eehh??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M12YT